More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 13:23:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Pet Warfare & Ghosts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pet Warfare & Ghosts  (Read 3590 times)
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Pet Warfare & Ghosts
« on: 2008 March 22, 01:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine my own stupidity is somehow implicit in this. I have installed lesspetwarfare and everything seemed to be well. As long as my wolves considered each other pack then they left each other well enough alone and calmly sniffed and played instead of rabidly chasing each other around the lot and causing each other to run away at the least provocation. Then I installed FreeTime. Now I have two wolves who are at 100/82 and 100/85 respectively (raised via supervised & directed playtime and keeping them separated while life rel raised) and the wolf born into the family still chases his mate (the mother of his pups) like a wolf deranged. I have the most recent copy of lesspetwarfare for FT as of March 19th. I have no other hacks that affect pets or hacked objects that affect pets save for Simlogical's Dog Bath.

Oh, and it's not just his mate he chases. He has queued up to chase the ghost of his dead mother on several occasions. The mother proceeded to stop her random drifting and turn to attempt to allow herself to be chased! Thankfully she was half way into a foundation at the time so my wolf just barked that something was in his way both times and went about his business.

Another thing about my wolves, their ghosts haunt day and night. They never, ever stop haunting. Also Prima Guide, being the liar that it is, says that animal ghosts can't scare humans. That is patently untrue, my wolf ghosts scare my Sims and cause them to wet themselves all the time and since they haunt at all times this occurs day and night with no reprieve. Angry Any idea how to make them stop haunting during the day?

Eschew Obfuscation.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Pet Warfare & Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 23, 01:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the tombstones to a graveyeard?  Oh, and the live wolf that won't stop chasing his mate might be a very aggressive, playful pet.  What's his personality?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 23, 06:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is chasing harmful? My dogs chase each other all the time. One of them is really stupid, however, and tends to forget what he was chasing and ends up chasing something else, like a couch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 23, 19:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the tombstones to a graveyeard?  Oh, and the live wolf that won't stop chasing his mate might be a very aggressive, playful pet.  What's his personality?

Against the rules of the challenge. Sad The live wolf has the same personality as all wolves do and the same personality as his mate and his parents but he is the only one that is psychotic about it. I'm guessing 'cause he's second gen.

Is chasing harmful? My dogs chase each other all the time. One of them is really stupid, however, and tends to forget what he was chasing and ends up chasing something else, like a couch.

It gives a double negative relationship hit every time. If I let them go at it they will do it again and again and again and become enemies and eventually force each other to run away. Next to Chase Challenge! and the occasional Growl pale in comparison. Sad I've noticed that the dog's Play interaction often looks like Chase (they do literaly chase each other with that interaction sometimes) except there's more tale wagging and jumping about where as with the other it's just growls.

Eschew Obfuscation.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 24, 03:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put up a fence, and lock the gate for pets. The dog will not run away if it can't get out.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 25, 19:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help everyone. Smiley I'm guessing that because the pet is second gen he just isn't affected by the hack. Ah well.

For now I have the wolves' graves on a foundation sans stairs to see if that at least keeps them off the grounds. The trouble live wolf is relegated to being kept outside where he happily chases the mail man and drives off troublesome strays. His mate and pups are being kept inside and I have a clean bot on duty to take care of wolf puddles. I'll at least have the illusion of family unity even if I can't have it in actuality. Thanks again!

Eschew Obfuscation.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 25, 20:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing about my wolves, their ghosts haunt day and night. They never, ever stop haunting. Also Prima Guide, being the liar that it is, says that animal ghosts can't scare humans. That is patently untrue, my wolf ghosts scare my Sims and cause them to wet themselves all the time and since they haunt at all times this occurs day and night with no reprieve. Angry Any idea how to make them stop haunting during the day?

I have been having issues with my Sim and pet ghosts haunting day and night as well, almost immediately following their deaths. I just had a ghost cat scare my Servo minutes after the Grim Reaper left, as he was trying to move the grave to the pet cemetery. I have had some success sticking the grave markers in a small room with a Ghostbuster painting and leaving them to sit for a few days. I've had two ghosts so far fixed by sending them to this "time out" and am currently trying to fix a third. It may just be a coincidence but at least my ghosts are behaving like ghosts again. I quite like having a variety of ghosts around, but the endless hauntings and "wooooooo" noises of them traveling around 24/7 is too much.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: