More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:46:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hacking the Aspiration Meter - Is it possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hacking the Aspiration Meter - Is it possible?  (Read 4251 times)
Singularity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hacking the Aspiration Meter - Is it possible?
« on: 2007 September 13, 03:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'm reasonably sure this is a stupid, non-awesome question, but I figured that I'd ask anyway.  What I'd like to do is essentially make the aspiration meter caps twice as high.  I've searched on google and in these forums and haven't found much.  All I've come across that's reasonably promising is in this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,481.msg17475.html#msg17475

I tried editing wantTuning.package, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.  I know I should assume that if it were possible it would have been done already, but, well, it's worth a shot, right? Lips sealed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hacking the Aspiration Meter - Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 13, 13:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is possible to adjust the raw pointcapacity of aspirational meters (although I'm not sure HOW offhand), but I do not see what productive purpose will be accomplished by this, since increasing the maximum capacity of the meter will also correspondingly increase the decay, which is percentage-based.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Singularity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 13, 19:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn, I was hoping to cut the decay in half too.  The reasoning would then be that it takes twice as many points to become platinum, the platinum also lasts twice as long.  I just get annoyed when they fulfill some large Want when their meter is maxed because it doesn't keep them in platinum mood any longer.  Doesn't matter if the Fortune Sim was already in platinum when he married a rich sim or something equally lofty, he still only has platinum mood for 8-odd hours.  That means that, when already platinum, small wants are better than large ones, and in a perfect world they wouldn't be.  Ah... ignore me, I seem to have rambled on... Smiley
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 13, 21:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook at one stage managed to change the rate of decay for perma-plat only sims in his semi-perma-plat hack.  Might be worth talking to him or checking it out for ideas.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 14, 15:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What really bugs me is how it seems to vary between sims (I don't mean by age-group) - some just seem to stay up there longer than others.  And some sims can lose their jobs and sink really low in almost every motive, but stay up in platinum!  I mean, if you lose your job, wouldn't that be the first to plummet?

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 14, 21:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they didn't have a fear of losing their job or being demoted, then there's really nothing that can impact on the aspiration meter.  I know it makes no sense when seen in the light of the physical world, but it makes sense under the constraints of the game.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 14, 21:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know, fortune and family sims seem to be the only ones who ever worry about keeping their jobs....And I'm sure if they'd wanted to, the programmers at EAxis could have made it so every sim had that (secret) fear, so that losing one's job was an automatic aspiration loss, but just that for those who get the open fear, they lose more points.  But I've even had Pleasure sims breaking down in tears yet again hours after they get home after being fired, and since it doesn't seem to affect them at all, (I mean, kicking a gnome and a sleep and their physical needs soon recover) it just seems to me that more could have been made of the effects of being fired in a slightly more realistic and logical way.

Zephyr Zodiac
olsen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 18, 12:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would love to have more aspiration point storage, now it's a little pointless to work for the hard to get aspirations with high bonus, except for the aspiration rewards and I always end up with more aspirations points then I can use on rewards.

ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 19, 22:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would love to have more aspiration point storage, now it’s a little pointless to work for the hard to get aspirations with high bonus, except for the aspiration rewards and I always end up with more aspirations points then I can use on rewards.

When they get near 327,*** points, I simply give them a exilar of life and stick it in their inventory, or their spouse (if they need it).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: