More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:12:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bulldozing turns lots blue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bulldozing turns lots blue  (Read 3875 times)
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Bulldozing turns lots blue
« on: 2009 June 16, 02:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen anyone else report this so perhaps it's just my PC, but do your lots turn blue when you bulldoze them? I slaughtered the blue lot between the Ursine and Wann-Goddard lot and it turned blue. I thought perhaps it was that lot so I killed another one and it was fine but I remembered I had moved that lot from it's original position so perhaps that's why. I tried for a 3rd time on another that hadn't ever been moved and it also turned blue.

Reloading the game doesn't fix it and when I go down into the town it's blue there also until I get right up on it then it goes to normal grass. I did find a way to fix it though. I went into the blue lot in build mode and slapped down some foundation then deleted it, no more blue. Seems like it's deleting something when I bulldoze them and not replacing it until you rebuild on the lot.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Bulldozing turns lots blue
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 16, 14:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this issue too. I bulldozed the lot with the school on it in Sunset Valley (got fed up with the town being deserted Mon-Fri) and it left a gaping hole where you could see the sea if you looked closely enough. Moar excellent EA borkage going on there.

Fixed it by plonking another lot there but decided to revert back to an older save, delete the school building instead and turn the land into another park instead.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 17, 12:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes this happened to me in Riverview, when I experimented to see whether the game would accept a second school. Anyway, I destroyed the lot afterward and it turned blue. Then the game acted very perculiar, and all the lots in the neighborhood suddenly became corrupted looking. Then it suddenly fixed itself.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 17, 17:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope never for me, I tried bulldozing the entire neighborhood the other day (didn't touch the community lots or rabitholes) and I was fine, everything looked as it did before and had no corrupting. Are you using the retail or one of the leaks?
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 17, 19:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running the retail version.

I did a test tonight, bulldozing community and residential lots both in Sunset Valley and Riverview. Residential lots bulldoze fine, but all community lots leave blue gaps.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 19, 05:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this issue too. I bulldozed the lot with the school on it in Sunset Valley (got fed up with the town being deserted Mon-Fri) and it left a gaping hole where you could see the sea if you looked closely enough. Moar excellent EA borkage going on there.

I wouldn't say it's sea, it appears to be a missing texture though I'm not certain.

Nope never for me, I tried bulldozing the entire neighborhood the other day (didn't touch the community lots or rabitholes) and I was fine, everything looked as it did before and had no corrupting. Are you using the retail or one of the leaks?

I'm running the razor release which technically is retail.

I'm running the retail version.

I did a test tonight, bulldozing community and residential lots both in Sunset Valley and Riverview. Residential lots bulldoze fine, but all community lots leave blue gaps.

It was residential lots that were turning blue for me. I bulldozed the crappy 'park' in between the Landgrabb and Alto's place and it didn't turn blue. It appears to happen entirely at random. It's story progression in graphic corruption form!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: