More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 16:10:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Riverview-specific rabbit hole buildings vanished with 2.3.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Riverview-specific rabbit hole buildings vanished with 2.3.  (Read 5779 times)
Hamsterfuff
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Riverview-specific rabbit hole buildings vanished with 2.3.
« on: 2010 January 26, 03:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just updated to the 2.3 patch and my saved games from Riverview have none of the necessary community lots for gameplay, eg. the Truelong School, Military Base, Doo Peas Corporate Towers, City Hall etc. There's just an empty spot where all those items used to be, and when I checked the community items in build/edit mode they weren't available for placement.

I'm not having the same issue as many others here in that my Riverview saved games are working fine, and my Riverview town appears properly. It's just the rabbit hole community buildings that have vanished.

I've since tried uninstalling Riverview from the launcher and reinstalling it, and reinstalling the entire game. Neither of these have fixed the problem.

I then decided to find some third party Riverview community lots so I could just download and place them in my town- I then realized that no .sims3pack files that I installed show up in the game, even after uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Riverview-specific rabbit hole buildings vanished with 2.3.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 26, 04:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an issue caused with Sims3packs and saves in the latest edition, yes. To fix it, you will want to use s3rc to "decrapify" your saves and Sims3packs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
foxygator
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 26, 06:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me as well. Fixed it by using installing a new Riverview directly with the .world name found in the "Store Stuff in DBC format" thread.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 22, 19:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I don't get shouted down for necroposting. I found this thread, and I have the exact same issue, but the fixes listed didn't work for me.

I just did a clean install of S3/WA/HELS/Amb., fully updated, and decrapified all my CC before installing it using the launcher. All the CC is showing up in game, including Riverview. The problem is, some of the commercial buildings aren't!
So far I am missing City Hall, Military Base, Hospital, Spa, Science building, and the 'Corporate Towers'. I do not know if any others are missing, as I don't play Riverview all that much.
The lots are still there, and named appropriately. Also, the outdoor dressing (trees, paths, fences/hedges, flowers etc.) are all still there, just the buildings themselves are missing. Also, they aren't selectable when in map view (like parks or other buildings such as the Gym).

I had this problem before I reinstalled, as well as other problems (very long load times, and random black screens/black screen when Alt-Tabbing). I seems all of these problems have been fixed, except for Riverview.

I cannot think what else to try, other than just no using Riverview.

Edit:: Also, I think that my saves aren't working with Riverview. I saved once manually, and once with AM's autosave, and neither show up in the main menu. I then started a new game in Sunset Valley and saved, and that shows up.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 22, 20:14:07 by Death-Jester » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 22, 21:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:: Also, I think that my saves aren't working with Riverview. I saved once manually, and once with AM's autosave, and neither show up in the main menu. I then started a new game in Sunset Valley and saved, and that shows up.

This is happening to me in the new AMB neighborhood, it happened with AM and in a completely vanilla game. I think this is an EAxis issue. I have to "Save As" every time I want to save. If I just "Save" or let the game save itsel, or "save and quit", the same never takes.

Also, all my RiverView items are there. I merely decrapified the RiverView.sims3pack, installed it via the launcher. Put the resulting .dbc file in with the rest of them in my Mods folder(using modified resource.cfg to see .dbc files), and my game is fine. Riverview.world is where it is supposed to be, and it generated it's world cache files just fine. Although, I also have a Riverview.world file placed in the location as described in the .dbc torrent thread.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 22, 21:43:53 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 22, 22:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually went into the town and manually placed all of the missing rabbitholes. But of course as soon as I exited the game my saves vanished and I lost it all :/
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 26, 11:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, well, I seem to have *mostly* fixed this issue. I completely removed all traces of Riverview from My Documents and Program Files, then decrapified and reinstalled it with the launcher. I then moved (not copied) the riverview.world file from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds and put it in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds. The saves are working, and all the rabbitholes are showing up, but they have weird names like "World/Riverview/LotName:Cemetary".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: