More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:37:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Patch is out for FFS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch is out for FFS  (Read 47851 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Patch is out for FFS
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 03, 17:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine was a gift as well and still sits unopened on my desk. I see no reason to install this piece of junk and incur more problems than I already have.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 03, 18:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I protested the first pack! Loudly too, I might add. Crap is crap and I saw it coming. My protest ended with a verbal fight over it all with MaxiodTom over at MTS2.

MaxiodTom finished up with "I just won't post anymore." Literally--that's what he said. Sounded to me like a pissed off teenie bopper. lol. Doesn't it sound like that to you?

Of course, it's me that has suffered for it all--MTS2 started censoring my posts, all my posts, even if they had nothing to do with Maxis or the Maxiod. So, I basically quit posting.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 03, 19:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2 is getting on my nerves too. I started using the forums and find out images are disabled for me.  Roll Eyes

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 03, 22:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, everyone is getting Sims packs as gifts?  I don't know if I should consider myself lucky or not that no one buys such gifts for me.  Undecided  Of course, I wouldn't mind getting a regular EP as a gift, but I don't know anyone who can afford to buy them for me.  Well, I guess my ex would have before he was my ex.  Roll Eyes  But that is moot now.  I haven't even bothered to see if anyone has this pack out there floating around.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 03, 22:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did hear of someone with this pack up for download.  If you're interested, PM me and I'll see if I can get them to make it available to you.   Grin
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 04, 05:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, everyone is getting Sims packs as gifts?  I don't know if I should consider myself lucky or not that no one buys such gifts for me.  Undecided  Of course, I wouldn't mind getting a regular EP as a gift, but I don't know anyone who can afford to buy them for me.  Well, I guess my ex would have before he was my ex.  Roll Eyes  But that is moot now.  I haven't even bothered to see if anyone has this pack out there floating around.

I think you should consider yourself lucky because you can get a more useful gift  Roll Eyes
Besides, you are going to find it at ur desktop pretty soon due to post above  Tongue

Well, let the whole world know you only love sims and you'll see the gift offers coming...

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 04, 05:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Blue, but I think I'll hold off on this one. Wink  It sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 04, 05:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, no skin off my nose.  *Nothing* to do with me.  Tongue
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 04, 06:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I protested the first pack! Loudly too, I might add. Crap is crap and I saw it coming. My protest ended with a verbal fight over it all with MaxiodTom over at MTS2.

MaxiodTom finished up with "I just won't post anymore." Literally--that's what he said. Sounded to me like a pissed off teenie bopper. lol. Doesn't it sound like that to you?

I don't think it was fair to take it out on him. It's not like he makes the decision.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 04, 09:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

am I the only one who thinks that the fact that this pack is actually uninstallable is an advantage?

unlike the holiday pack where it lodged itself in so firmly the only way to get rid of it was to uninstall everything?
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 04, 16:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I succumbed. Embarrassed  It has been sitting here for 3 weeks and I dutifully backed up my game and gave in to the temptation to see for myself.  Nothing changed. (crosses fingers and clings to the wood trim on the desk for dear life)
Has anyone had the problem mentioned here?  http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5060#5060

Quote from: Carrigon
It broke all my dressers, none of them work now.  And people on the official board have the same problem.  I looked at the code.  It's broken on a deep global level, I cannot fix it.  The operands are not going where they should be going.
If anyone has this bug, you can use my naked dressing hack for changing clothing or Merola's dressers, those still work.  Hopefully, this will get fixed at some point.

This happened to our game a couple of days ago but only with the half dressers introduced in OFB - it had nothing to do with FFP.  The cc dressers are fine too
« Last Edit: 2006 May 04, 16:27:43 by kacidama » Logged

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 04, 16:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it was fair to take it out on him. It's not like he makes the decision.

Hello?? I didn't start it! HE did!

A group of us were discussing what a rip off the pack was and how Maxis used to GIVE away items and packs for Sims1. HE stepped in, rudely, and IMO basically tried to hush us up from putting ppl off buying the damn thing. Maybe you just had to be there..

So if you wanna go get all snuggly with a Maxiod, you go for it. But DON'T go putting blame where it doesn't belong, even if you did so inadvertantly... or on purpose.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 04, 16:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read that thread MB and I agree MaxoidTom was being VERY cagy

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 May 04, 16:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Thank goodness someone else was there too! Thank you! Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 May 04, 16:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read that thread MB and I agree MaxoidTom was being VERY cagy
Cagyness, trickery, lies, and deceit are the tools of the trade for a Maxian. What did you expect? It's like how you tell when a politician is lying...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 May 04, 16:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Yes, I'm convinced that's the Maxis way.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 May 04, 20:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be there was no beta testing because EA recently laid off 350 workers and its stock is plummeting:

http://gamesnews.yahoo.com/newsarticle?eid=454988&page=0
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 May 04, 22:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I guess I wasn't there, and you are probably right in this situation.  I just think the general anti-Maxis attitude on there forums had gotten out of hand lately. I mean, I understand being angry when you buy a product and it is really buggy, but saying everything they do is crap seems unfair. After all, they did make the game we all like so much, and there are a lot of things about the base game that are really great. They are a company that puts this stuff out to make money, and it isn't like anyone is entitled to the stuff they put out being free. I am irritated about stuff being taken out of OFB and moved to the holiday pack, and appalled that both OFB and FFP went to the shelves with so many bugs that seem like they should have been easily caught- but it is their product, and if they want to sell crappy holiday packs, etc, that is their prerogative. I see this happening on boards for a lot of computer games, actually- people seem to think that the game should be built exactly as they want it, and that they are entitled to insult the developers if it is different from whatever personal vision they have of what the game should be. If it weren't for the bugs and stuff that seemed to fit with OFB, I would not have any problem with the FFP at all- but people were trashing it way before this stuff was even known. If you don't like the objects, then don't buy it. Insulting the developers and saying everything they do is crap is just rude, especially when you are obviously playing and enjoying the game that they spent months/years creating. Considering the way a lot of people act online, I find it hardly surprising that developers increasingly seem to not give a damn what their fans think.

Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 May 05, 02:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading all of this I am very glad I did not get this one. I'm definitely sure I will pass on this one and any other little packs they come out with.  I didn't even consider getting the holiday one.  I had no interest in it or FFP.  They just seem to be a waste of money if they are not even going to have added interactions and such. 

I haven't seen anything in either pack that was worth the money they want for them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 May 05, 02:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insulting the developers and saying everything they do is crap is just rude, especially when you are obviously playing and enjoying the game that they spent months/years creating. Considering the way a lot of people act online, I find it hardly surprising that developers increasingly seem to not give a damn what their fans think.
Not quite. They're playing the game the developers buggered up and then shoved out the door, AFTER someone ELSE has fixed it for them!

Otherwise, the game would be unplayable awful and I'd have probably bailed by now like I did with TS1.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 May 05, 03:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The FFS was very easy to find on BitTorrent, and it was no harder to crack than an expansion.  Sure, this prevented some piracy but it's not even worth installing because of it in my opinion.  Repeated stuff and possible conflicts with hacks are not worth some objects and clothing that I will never use.

Why hell didn't they recall the thing if it had such a fatal bug?  This is one of the reasons I dislike EA, they've got the money to do recalls but just won't do them.  I believe they did go with FFS to copy Pescado, heck they called a TS1 expansion SS for the success of Script Station which they tried to ban before.  I swear, Sony did this also with it's PSP.

I've got to say, if it wasn't for dedicated volunteers like Pescado then I wouldn't even be updating my game with new expansions.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 05, 03:32:13 by MisterPaper » Logged
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 May 05, 19:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello?? I didn't start it! HE did!

A group of us were discussing what a rip off the pack was and how Maxis used to GIVE away items and packs for Sims1. HE stepped in, rudely, and IMO basically tried to hush us up from putting ppl off buying the damn thing. Maybe you just had to be there..

So if you wanna go get all snuggly with a Maxiod, you go for it. But DON'T go putting blame where it doesn't belong, even if you did so inadvertantly... or on purpose.

Are you still upset about that?  I made a simple comment about piracy and it got a little blown out of proportion.  Whether or not the shopping packs are worth the money is up to you all to decide (and it seems your decision has been made).  I apologize for contributing to the flame war and will try not to get pulled into such things again.  It's just very tough seeing people bash the thing you spent many many late nights working to create.  Again, my apologies.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 May 05, 19:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Tom,

Any idea if there are plans to allow users to change the pool walls again? It seems to have been broken with OFB, it used to be that you could use the elevation cheat, lift up the pool wall a few clicks and repaint the pool walls as you do any other wall, that sadly no longer works.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 May 05, 19:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you still upset about that?  I made a simple comment about piracy and it got a little blown out of proportion.  Whether or not the shopping packs are worth the money is up to you all to decide (and it seems your decision has been made).  I apologize for contributing to the flame war and will try not to get pulled into such things again.  It's just very tough seeing people bash the thing you spent many many late nights working to create.  Again, my apologies.
Isn't that a bit of a stretch there? "Many late nights"? By my information, shopping packs contain little more than a few skin recolors and objects, all of which are essentially remeshes of existing code. A scan of the objects file reveals there isn't actually all that much new, less than a dozen actual codes, the rest simply objects. Maybe a *FEW* late nights. I'd say "many" is an exaggeration, unless MAYBE you work for the art team. But then again, what the hell else would you do on a late night, anyway? You say this like it's a cost, as opposed to something you'd do simply from being bored out of your skulls on a late night. And if it's tough seeing people bash the thing you've worked on, I'd say you definitely need to start thinking of a new career: The only commentary of any value is the bashing. That's why "Thanks This Is Great" is officially discouraged here.

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 May 05, 19:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, things get blown out of proportion all the time on the Internet, mostly because people either intend to incite chaos, or you don't have the benefit of seeing someone's body language and tone to determine how they're saying something.  It's hard to not take it seriously (and believe me, I know).

MaxoidTom, I really liked the thread before NL in which we could talk about what bugs we had noticed and being able to report them to the very makers of the game we all enjoy playing and I'm glad you are out and about in the community to read this kind of stuff.

So, for what's it worth (and I did submit a tech report about this as well), here's my bug/feature I would really like to have fixed.  Pre-OFB, the lot boundaries were across the street, so when building our lots, we could move around the mailbox and trashcan and all the furniture out to the road if we needed to while renovating the lot.  OFB seems to have changed the boundaries so that now the sidewalk is the limit.  In one of the chats, one of the Maxoids seemed surprised by this and said s/he would look into this, but it wasn't addressed in the patch.  Can you please look into this and perhaps address this issue?  Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: