More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 09:20:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Removing multiple items from inventory
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Removing multiple items from inventory  (Read 15690 times)
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Removing multiple items from inventory
« on: 2009 June 09, 06:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize in advance for creating a thread on my first post, but I've been lurking/searching for nearly three hours and can't find a thread involving my current annoyance.

Has anyone found a way to remove/sell multiple items from your inventory without repeatedly dragging/dropping/confirming the same item?  Huh

I have different types of food, several fish, many gems/space rocks/ore, and handfuls of seeds. Selling twenty-five ingots, thirty or so gems, and so forth is *really* time consuming. Do I really have to go to the appropriate store just to sell them all at once? If so, where do I sell/turn in the gems/space rocks/ore? I don't have an option at the science lab like I do with the bugs.

And one question partially related to my original 'problem', are there any uses for the gems/space rocks/ore besides profit? I know you can display them in your home, but that's not a really good purpose. Are there missions (besides the goals of the Collector indicated in the skill journal) or opportunities in which a specific gem cut in a certain fashion or a special space rock needs to be used to make something unique or to aid the scientific community?

I'm baffled as to why we have options to manipulate with these items and no real use for them besides making money. It makes hikes around the Valley less rewarding to know all you're doing is making money the hard way.  Undecided
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Removing multiple items from inventory
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 09, 06:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click on the darker blue triangle in the upper left of the thumbnail and drag it over to the sell icon.  It'll sell the entire pile.  As for space rocks, you could analyze them first because you can make more cash if they're discovered to be worth more than originally appraised.  There's nothing really all that useful about the collection missions other than to complete the different challenges; if you don't want to, then don't.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 09, 06:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize in advance for creating a thread on my first post, but I've been lurking/searching for nearly three hours and can't find a thread involving my current annoyance.

Has anyone found a way to remove/sell multiple items from your inventory without repeatedly dragging/dropping/confirming the same item?  Huh
You can try clicking the little flippy tab in the upper left corner, which SHOULD let you pick up all of them. As for confirming, the next edition of AwesomeMod will include an option for "Expert Mode", that banishes confirmation dialogs as I find them.

I'm baffled as to why we have options to manipulate with these items and no real use for them besides making money. It makes hikes around the Valley less rewarding to know all you're doing is making money the hard way.  Undecided
It's an RPG thing. Are you familiar with the concept of "Vendor Trash"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 09, 06:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click on the darker blue triangle in the upper left of the thumbnail and drag it over to the sell icon.  It'll sell the entire pile.

You can try clicking the little flippy tab in the upper left corner, which SHOULD let you pick up all of them. As for confirming, the next edition of AwesomeMod will include an option for "Expert Mode", that banishes confirmation dialogs as I find them.

Oh god dammit... I thought that was some designer way of displaying the items, much like a fancy background. I had no idea that there was a use for it. As you (awesome) folks put it, several meatspace days have elapsed with me avoiding selling anything leaving me with a very clogged inventory. Thank you guys, so much.

And Pescado, that would be a god send! I am waiting a while before I mod my game so I can see what features you'll be fixing and to know a 'remove confirmation' option/ability is coming makes me giddy. Smiley

It'll sell the entire pile. As for space rocks, you could analyze them first because you can make more cash if they're discovered to be worth more than originally appraised. There's nothing really all that useful about the collection missions other than to complete the different challenges; if you don't want to, then don't.

I do analyze them before selling them, but I have run into a space rock being worth less after analyzing it. The challenges are what, I feel, keep me playing after I've reached my LTW and have not much else to do.

Unfortunately, I am all too familiar with vendor trash. I had just hoped that there was something really awesome awaiting my rock collection instead of a table top.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 09, 11:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took me a while to figure out those stupid triangles too.  What's more, if you click on the triangle rather than drag it, it opens up a window with a list of all the items individually, so you can move items of a specific quality from a mixed-quality stack.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 09, 13:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took me a while to figure out those stupid triangles too.  What's more, if you click on the triangle rather than drag it, it opens up a window with a list of all the items individually, so you can move items of a specific quality from a mixed-quality stack.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who'd suffered! Wink And I was wondering why the quality mattered of different items if they weren't able to broken down or seperated again. Thanks! That is extremely useful information.

Thanks to you guys and gals, I've cleared out about 400 or so pieces of food, roughly 270 fish, 86 gems/space rocks/ore, and farm's worth in seeds. Indeed, you are awesome. Wink Cheesy
mappam
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 09, 13:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to empty the fridge so you can upgrade - without taking items one-by-one?

Also - putting items into the "box" so a Sim can move to another lot/house? Or (again) do you have to take each item you want to take one-by-one?

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 09, 14:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can just sell the fridge and buy a new one.  The fridge isn't really a container, it's just an access point to the household's fridge container.  If you add a new fridge while keeping your old, you'll see that everything listed in one fridge is also available in another.  Removing from one = removing from the other.  So sell the fridge, buy a new one, and save yourself the effort of trying to transfer stuff.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
mappam
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 09, 14:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that is good news!

I didn't think to try that - just took everthing out and transfered it to inventory - like we had to do in Sims2. One too many times I sold a fridge only to remember too late that it was stocked with items.

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 09, 15:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prima guide of lies states that gems/ingots can contribute to a beautifully decorated moodlet which is worth +40.  A nicely decorated room (one without gems etc. I suppose) is worth +25.
Faythe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 09, 18:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Along the same lines, one of my annoyances I've been having is always having to manually add the food I've harvested or fished to the fridge, or manually having to sort the quality of foods for sims that are still learning their gardening/fishing, so I can keep my fridge fully stocked with 'perfect quality' food.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 09, 18:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not much worth stocking the fridge, in my opinion.  They'll cook with ingredients in their inventory, and unless they roll a wish for a perfect dish, I can't see any practical difference between a normal quality meal and a perfect one.  They both seem to offer the same level of (over)satisfaction.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Dab
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 09, 18:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, I am all too familiar with vendor trash. I had just hoped that there was something really awesome awaiting my rock collection instead of a table top.

I can forsee the vendor trash becoming useful in future EP's. Gems and metals for jewelry making - metals and space ores for robot construction etc.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 09, 19:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can forsee the vendor trash becoming useful in future EP's. Gems and metals for jewelry making - metals and space ores for robot construction etc.

That's exactly where I was going with the items having a purpose. I figured gems/metals could be used in a career using the Art skill and the space rocks/metals (and the occasional gem like quartz) using the Handiness skill. It wouldn't have to be jewelry or robots, but something useful besides a rumored moodlet.
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 09, 23:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prima guide of lies states that gems/ingots can contribute to a beautifully decorated moodlet which is worth +40.  A nicely decorated room (one without gems etc. I suppose) is worth +25.

You can hit +40 without the gems, just with a good number of high-environment items.  So, presumably, gems are just another decorative thing to toss around.  Thanks Prima Guides - not wrong, but not overly right, either.
simokon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 10, 00:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Related question:

I had my family move to a new house and found a ridiculous quantity of fish sitting in the family inventory.  Not sure how they got there (perhaps they got dumped there when someone died?), but I cannot seem to figure out how to get them out of the family inventory and into the fridge.  The only drag-n-drop option that seems to be available is to mount them on the wall one by one.

Any wisdom?
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 11, 23:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can hit +40 without the gems, just with a good number of high-environment items.  So, presumably, gems are just another decorative thing to toss around.  Thanks Prima Guides - not wrong, but not overly right, either.

Yes I've seen +40 without gems as well.  But I ask, isn't just a gem or two much better than a truck load of expensive stuff everywhere to get the same effect?  Check this http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/Nimrod_album/NewBitmapImage.jpg and the crop cream: http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/Nimrod_album/NewBitmapImage2.jpg

The first is the "town initializer" with a farm full of crap that is freely shared with each newly played fambly.  Unfortunately, I could not get her to find all of the gems, now I know she's two discoveries short.  Erin Kennedy found everything with the use of that handy teleport cheat, I cleared the map and kept it clear as new spaws materialized.  After three or four sim days, she finally found all gems.  Still, she hasn't found space rocks worth nearly $$1,700 such as her nemesis.

I went a bit crazy over the gems and metals, if only because I believe any smart investor will purchase tangible things that will only increase in value as the money system will only decrease, after its peak.  Of course I'm highly dissappointed that precious metals and gems do not increase in value as do the paintings.  But alas, I'm well pleased that an investment of, roughly, $$2,200 yeilds a return of $$7,740.
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 12, 00:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like the gems on the table.  I will confess, though, that at first glance I thought the stacks of bullion were radiators.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 12, 00:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unsightly, I agree!  I wanted these particular sims to look investment savvy though and I really thought that the friggin' ingots and gems would increase in value.  Does this make sense, or am I stricken with a survhere case of non-awesomeness? 
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 12, 04:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RNot sure how they got there (perhaps they got dumped there when someone died?), but I cannot seem to figure out how to get them out of the family inventory and into the fridge. 
I just experienced this myself.  It appears to be a bug.  The fish are copies of what were in the refrigerator, but the originals are still in the refrigerator, so you haven't lost anything.

They're mounted, stuffed versions of the fish.  Thus, they're decorations.  Or you can just put them on the wall and then sell them.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 13, 10:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's two things that don't respond to the "drag all at once" triangle, unless I've got a bug.

If your Sim rummage in neighbors' bins, you can get some good stuff, but you'll also get upteen piles of trash (plus a bad moodlet until they are removed) and recycle-only newspaper trash. I wasn't able to sell them in bulk (or at all), or drag them en masse to the home bin. I have to remove the newspaper stack and trash stack one by one, which is a pain in the butt.

Also, rewards can be huge, or annoyingly small. My first trip rummaging, I found THREE pink diamonds. Second trip, two Sim Life goggles and a Gigantic (Zucabr) Space Rock. Usually I get a jillion teddy bears, candles, bubble baths and fair-to-poor quality produce and seeds (most of which are very common, not uncommon or rare, and I've never found a special harvestable in a bin).

Dragging the piles of trash one by one to the home bin is a pain in the rear.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 13, 11:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witchy Poofs has dug through about a dozen rubbish bins now and found nothing more than one diamond and a bunch of plastic rubbish. One seed too, if I recall. Dragging the rubbish out is a complete pain, even if sims pick up more than one pile at once now. She is getting some info about people for writing though.

I have no money plant, no flame fruit, nothing.

It doesn't make sense the sims would take the rubbish home, although with the sims AI not being so good I suppose we'd end up with accumulating trash piles at every gate if they didn't. Sims should be able to click on the trash in their inventories and select burninate.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 13, 12:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your Sim rummage in neighbors' bins, you can get some good stuff, but you'll also get upteen piles of trash (plus a bad moodlet until they are removed) and recycle-only newspaper trash. I wasn't able to sell them in bulk (or at all), or drag them en masse to the home bin. I have to remove the newspaper stack and trash stack one by one, which is a pain in the butt.

Also, rewards can be huge, or annoyingly small. My first trip rummaging, I found THREE pink diamonds. Second trip, two Sim Life goggles and a Gigantic (Zucabr) Space Rock. Usually I get a jillion teddy bears, candles, bubble baths and fair-to-poor quality produce and seeds (most of which are very common, not uncommon or rare, and I've never found a special harvestable in a bin).

With newspapers, I've been able to click the drag all triangle to sell them with no problem.  Trash piles are a bit different, but not as bad as what you've described.  At home, I can click that triangle and drag it to her trash can, but it only drops one at a time.  However it stays lit up and I just keep clicking until the trash disappears.

I've found two Zucabr rocks, and that's the only way I've been able to find them.  Other than that, I found a pink diamond and it seems that everyone on the "rich" block throws out their SimLife goggles because she's found four pairs now.  Seeds and bits of produce (ranging from putrid to perfect) are occasional bits, but the teddybears, candles, bubble baths and rubber duckys are fairly common. 

Does anyone else actually ever let their Sim keep any of this stuff?  I have kept the special stuff like the rocks and gems, but everything else gets sold.  I can't wrap my head around keeping bubble bath that's been in a trash, even if I know logically it didn't actually come from there.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 13, 13:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next AwesomeMod edition includes the feature "RoboticHandOfGod", which will, at regular intervals, automatically trash any objects that you could ordinarily pick up and trash using your "Hand of God" without the need for your personal intervention.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 13, 14:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With newspapers, I've been able to click the drag all triangle to sell them with no problem. 

i discovered the problem: he was busily adding to the newspaper pile, which made it as unusable as a stack of veggies or fish that are queued to be planted or used to fertilize (can't drag stack into fridge or sell stack until they are planted/used or until you cancel that action).

Trash piles are a bit different, but not as bad as what you've described.  At home, I can click that triangle and drag it to her trash can, but it only drops one at a time.  However it stays lit up and I just keep clicking until the trash disappears.

Yes. But this is a pain if your Sim bin-dives 12 homes and returns with 75+ trash piles.

I've found two Zucabr rocks, and that's the only way I've been able to find them.  Other than that, I found a pink diamond and it seems that everyone on the "rich" block throws out their SimLife goggles because she's found four pairs now.  Seeds and bits of produce (ranging from putrid to perfect) are occasional bits, but the teddybears, candles, bubble baths and rubber duckys are fairly common. 

Why Sims bother to work, I don't know, unless trash-digging is unavailable to unemployed Sims. You can eat fruit / veg / fish for free (and plant seeds at the community garden, apparently), trash-dig for collectibles / goods to sell, level up at the library, paint at the gallery, work out at the gym, swim at tthe communuty pool, etc.

The Zucabr rocks like the big fields, esp. the ones with the windmills. I've never found one in a flowered field or under a tree or in a stone circle or near a mine. But they like the bins a LOT more. I have now found four pink diamonds in the bins, two more Zucabr rocks, plus a rainbow gem. Rich people bins seem to yield more gems; this may be coincidence.

Does anyone else actually ever let their Sim keep any of this stuff? 

I sell it because I have a surplus of the stuff. When I get a full set of vendor trash (I need four more pinks and three more rainbow), I'll hold on to the rares, and stash them uncut in the foundation and hope for future usefulness. I sell the other uncuts. I am swimming in annoying gnomes and DNW more. I am not motivated to insect hunt any more, now that I have both sets in full, but will occasionally mistake those damn silver skippers or yellow metalmarks for zebras and then sell them to the sci center.

I'd keep more candles if I could adjust their wax colour or light cast colour (like lamps) or ANYTHING. The "it's been in the trash" would only apply in real life; I'm not bothered by using trash bubbles or duckies in a game. No actual cooties. But we all play in different ways.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: