More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 20:32:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Offering makeup actually works?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Offering makeup actually works?  (Read 8277 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Offering makeup actually works?
« on: 2006 March 18, 22:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't offer makeup from the salon chair. The customer will nod, and a customer loyalty plus appears, but the customer wil not sit down and have the makeup. All my stylist can do is to offer free makeup, which they always accept, or wait until a customer's buy bar is full. I remember Motoki mentioned this also the other day. But look at this thread on MTS2, link: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=140766, where Squinge made a "No more bad sale socials" hack. In the screen shots, Cassandra offered a makerup and the professor accepted, and got the makeup.

Is that because one hack that we use is interfereing with this feature?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Offering makeup actually works?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 18, 22:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on, people, does it work in your game? Just last night, in my home business salon, I tried that option countless times, but it never worked, I almost smashed my mouse.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 18, 22:43:52 by Lion » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 18, 22:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The general response I remember is some people say it works and some don't. I guess it could be a hack except I recall at least one person saying she didn't have any hacks and was still having trouble with it. I'm not sure what the heck the cause is to be honest. I just gave up on it.  Sad

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 18, 22:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, if that's the case, I will try tonight without any hacks. I really want to run a functional salon business. In my home business, people don't even think about the chair, they just come in, eat my food, and constantly check themselves out in the mirror  Angry. I finally put in a time machine. At least I'm making some money  Cry

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 18, 23:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Customers in mine will have a makeover if it's offered, but they don't ask for one, they just go straight to the hot tubs.  I think the whole makeover thing is bugged.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 18, 23:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the irritating thing is unlike any other kind of store you can't have one person by the salesman and the other actually do the action. In my restaurant I can sell sims who then get seated by the hostess. In my retail shop I can sell sims who then get rung up by the cashier, but with the chair if you offer them a makeover that means the sim offering it has to do it. It doesn't make much sense when you have one sim who has a high sales badge by no cosmotology skill and another one manning the chair who is vice versa.

If I tell an employee to man the chair they just stand there, no one ever comes. And If I offer it then I end up doing the makeover instead of the employee so the employee just stands there wasting money.  Angry

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 18, 23:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are right. But I did have customers fill their buy bar to have a makeover on a hired employee, all on their own. I wonder if selling items work when a customer is thinking about a chair that is manned by a stylist.  That is, assign a stylist, and have another one do the sell, not "offer makeup" Roll Eyes

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 18, 23:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an option to sell the makeovers as opposed to offering them though or do you mean you just have to assign another employee to autonomously sell?

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 18, 23:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant to have a stylist assigned to a chair, and when customers looking at the chair filling up and the buy bar, have another sim to sell/persuade, using "sales...basic sell" etc., or assign another sim "sell items". I will try it any way.

draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 19, 00:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no problems with my salon.
No employees, just my sim. Click on the chair and chose "Be stylist". Then, she offers the makeover (if the customer wants it, of course) and when the customer accepts it I click on the chair and pick "Be stylist" again. The customer sits down right after that and has his hair cut or whatever. And my sim gets paid all right. I don't have anything to distract them like expresso machines or hot tubs. And the only sales hack I've got is Monique's "Browse and Buy Faster 50%".
It's the best business I'm running so far because there is no need of employees.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 15, 13:11:13 by draranha » Logged
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 19, 00:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it doesn't work for me. If I have my sim offer a free makeover, the sim accepts and they do the makeover. If I have them try to sell a makeover, the other sim nods and then walks off. I tried hiring a townie with a cosmetology badge and assigned them to be stylist and then my sim make the sales pitch but that didn't work either. Like Ancient Sim said, the customers just head for the hot tubs and don't do anything else. On my other lot where I have a salon, no other distractions, it doesn't work either. It's incredibly frustrating.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 19, 00:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody been able to successfully do a makeover on a child using the salon chair?  One of the kid townies came into my shop today and I really wanted to get rid of her "lawnmower cut" hairstyle.  But despite repeated attempts to "offer makeover" to the child, she never sat down in the chair, except when I bribed her with "offer free makeover", and then I didn't get the Change Appearance screen.

Karen

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 19, 01:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked for me without any hacks. Not terribly well, but it did work and half the town look like clowns (I didn't practice much). No employees, just one sim stylist with a chair in her home. I haven't had any children customers and I just put back in a ton of hacks so if it stops working next time I play that house maybe I can find one that conflicts... or not...

Unsouper
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 19, 06:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have given a successful makeover to a townie child.

The "offer makeover" doesn't work for me either, but the customer gets +stars so I do it repeatedly.  They always take the free makeover.  If I assign the sim "be stylist" people will come look at the chair and get the buy bar, and once they are "sold" they sit in the chair for their makeover. 

Don't put ANY fun items that advertise high (light a hot tub) in your salon, and don't give them food.  Fill your salon with snapdragons, instead.  If they get distracted they seem to forget they are in a salon.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 12, 13:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Customers in mine will have a makeover if it's offered, but they don't ask for one, they just go straight to the hot tubs.
No employees, just my sim. She offers the makeout (if the customer wants it, of course) and when the customer accepts it I click on the chair and pick "Be stylist". The customer sits down right after that and has his hair cut or whatever. And my sim gets paid all right.

Are these home-based businesses or owned community lots? I've been trying for a long time too and it's never once worked for me. Well, except when I offered to do it for free.

Granted I use 'noplayableshoppers', have only home businesses, all my sims live in the main 'hood and there's just one townie left (I've also been been selling stuffs to the NL NPCs for my sims' business to thrive, in case anyone wonders Grin), but that shouldn't stop make-overs being accepted, should it? I've been offering make-overs to townie Ivy Copur at various prices, and no matter how cheap it is, she always only looked and nodded and then... nothing, she wanders off to find some other stuffs to buy. She'll take the free offers in a heartbeat though.

Oh well, at least the Ug-No-More Makeover Station isn't an entire waste of space; I use it to chalk up loyalty stars and gain sales badges by grabbing my other playables off the street when they walk by, and just repeatedly offer make-overs until my sims became 'Master of Sales' and I have all the loyalty stars I needed to reach the top business level. Tongue
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 12, 13:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Customers in mine will have a makeover if it's offered, but they don't ask for one, they just go straight to the hot tubs.  I think the whole makeover thing is bugged.

I got rid of the ruddy hot tubs and no more problems!

Axe murdered since 2006
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 12, 13:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No employees, just my sim. She offers the makeout (if the customer wants it, of course)

Cheesy Cheesy Are you sure it's a salon you're running there?  LOL

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 12, 17:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will not browse a chair that has no stylist assigned to it, so doing a salon as a home business with no other employees is problematic at best.  There are ways around it.  Set your Sim to be the stylist.  Sims will then autonomously come up to the chair and browse.  You can then initiate sales socials on them. 

Alternately, set yourself to be the stylist, THEN offer the makeover.  While it will unassign you from the chair, the Sim may start browsing on their own at that point.  I typically offer a makeover, and then automatically set myself back to stylist.  This usually gets a prospective victi.... er... client browsing.
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 13, 00:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No employees, just my sim. She offers the makeout (if the customer wants it, of course)

Cheesy Cheesy Are you sure it's a salon you're running there?  LOL

C

Hehehe... Thanks for correcting me... I should have paid more attention to the title (makeup not makeout! or would it be makeover?)
You know, I speak Portuguese and this stuff always confuses me... out? up? over? in? on? I know it can totally change the meaning of what one is saying. I got to study harder!  Grin
« Last Edit: 2006 April 13, 00:50:55 by draranha » Logged
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 13, 02:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a salon and I can offer makeovers with no problem. They will even sit and wait until I assign a sim to be a stylist.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 13, 02:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the salon gets boring fast..but with the whole basis of it..well that's really not that surprising.

I had a lot of problems with it at first but finally figured out a system that works.

First...it's pointless to have more than 1 or 2 stylists.  It takes some convincing to get sims to agree to makeover to begin with and they all like to flock to one or two chairs anyways.

Second...have your controllable sim be the stylist if you actually want the option of making over the customers.  Otherwise they'll either look the same or have a hideous makeover and there's nothing you can do about it.  If your controllable sim however give a townie a bad makeover you can quickly offer a free makeover to fix the sim and gain back a loyalty star.

And finally...hire a salesperson to sell the makeovers.  In my game anyways it's too easy to the chair to drop out of cue so having someone man the chair at all times is a must.

As noted, put nothing else on your lot that can be interacted with.  Just your chair and salon decor.
I also like using Squinge (sp?) hacks to avoid pillow fights ect on business lots.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 13, 03:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the salon for remaking sims.  I put the scuba helmet on the fugly ones while I'm waiting for the paper bag for the head that JM keeps talking about.  It's like an early warning system.   Grin

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: