More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 04:26:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Townie Keep Memories
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Townie Keep Memories  (Read 11863 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Townie Keep Memories
« on: 2007 February 23, 15:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is: No Amnesia from their life as a townie when they move in and become playable.

I know there was at one point somewhere a hack that did this and only this. I'm trying to find it again.
I saw Ste's updates of pinhead's move-in hacks but I'm not exactly looking for adjustments to the move-in menu, only the townies keeping their memories part.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Townie Keep Memories
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 23, 15:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that a Pescado hack?  Is this what you mean?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,94.0.html

Inteen for AL, yay!
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 23, 17:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I believe that's the one I was thinking of from having before.

I notice it's not in the Pets directory or in the director's cut, though. Is it still supported?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 23, 22:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this one by Syberspunk:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6631.0.html

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 24, 11:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw Ste's updates of pinhead's move-in hacks but I'm not exactly looking for adjustments to the move-in menu, only the townies keeping their memories part.

Wink
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 24, 14:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then, how are you planning to move the townies in? If it's by marrying them, Syberspunk's hack might work in that scenario too. Remember to backup before you try though.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 24, 18:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marrying here and there would be the most likely way, yea. I got to thinking about the hack from one particular relationship where the playable sim is likely going to marry the townie and when he does and she moves in I don't want her to lose all the made out with/ woohooed for the first time/in the car type memories.

I'll use Syberspunk's for now, cause it'll get the job done.

I'm still wondering if Pescado's is down the disposal or not, though.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 24, 19:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alrighty well, Ste's version doesn't work for me. I'll go through and run it in debug later to try and find out exactly what's bugging out on it but everytime I try to run the marriage through, the ceremony finishes and instead of joining the family the townie jumpbugs and stays a visitor on the lot.

bleh
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 24, 20:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you getting Seasons?  If you are, we can both pester hackers to update this hack.  Then we can test it and if it doesn't work pester them some more.

I recently moved Benjamin Long into a house using Inge's bush.  I have Squinge's hack, but he lost his memories anyway.  This is probably because I used the bush, but I still didn't like it. 

Anyway, that's my plan.  Wait until after Seasons for an unpdated hack, then move Brandon Lilliard in.

Edited to add:  I'm waiting because Squinge isn't working on hacks until after Seasons comes out.  I understand that.  If I asked him to check his hack/change it to work with the bush he wouldn't bother, because the hack will just be outdated next week.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 24, 21:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How strange.  I've moved in townies using Inge's bush and never had them lose memories at all.  I have no hacks that would prevent this either, unless Pescado has slipped one into the DC.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 24, 21:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really not sure what's going on here. I attached an error log in the post for Ste's hack but found out it's not even his hack that was causing the problem. I've now gone through and methodically removed *all* of my hacks and still get this bug.
No amnesia kinda just hit the bottom of my list.

Time to start over. Again. meh.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 26, 04:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have

TownieNoMemoryLoss.package

Not sure who's it is, but my townie who I married to one of my created sims did lose her memories of anything sexual with him once she moved in.  I'm not sure if she would have lost any other memories since I used the crystal ball to call her and it was the first time I'd seen her in the game.

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 26, 04:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

moniquinin, that's probably Squinge's.

myskaal, I think that's a known bug with that hack. I think that to get around it you are supposed to invite the sim to move in before marrying him. Or something like that. I swear there was a post around here somewhere that discussed this....

Fail.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 26, 05:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

moniquinin, that's probably Squinge's.

Oh, so it's not awesome then.  I will replace it with Pescado's, which I will look for now...

ETA:  Found it, sort of.  Found the thread but nothing's there when I click to dl.  Is this not supported anymore?
« Last Edit: 2007 February 26, 05:54:07 by moniquinin » Logged

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 26, 07:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really not sure what's going on here. I attached an error log in the post for Ste's hack but found out it's not even his hack that was causing the problem. I've now gone through and methodically removed *all* of my hacks and still get this bug.
No amnesia kinda just hit the bottom of my list.

Time to start over. Again. meh.

Hrm...  Try removing/disabling all of your custom content i.e. remove your Downloads folder temporarily.

Then, reproduce the error and post the log, probably preferrably in the Oops... forum.  I can try to take a look at it later (or maybe Pes or someone else will, if they get to it before I do).

Incidentally... the moveinall hack has two "flavors" so to speak:

1) moveinall - pretty much keeps the same requirements for moving in sims as regular Maxis EA code, but adds
    a. the option for all ages, including children and teens (default Maxis EA code only permits moving in adults and elders)
    b. provides an option to keep or erase townie memories
    c. minor fixes for moving in sims

This version should still have the regular friendship requirements.  So... if you only wanted the option to keep or erase memories, you can just ignore the added options for children and teens.

2) moveinall nofriends version - same options as above, but it should not require friendship for the option to appear, and acceptance should be automatic i.e. it should never be rejected (doesn't depend on relationship status)

From the sound/looks of things, you don't want that version. Go with the first one.

If the hacks do not work as I described, then I probably screwed something up. Tongue But basically, I just took pinhead's hacks as they were working for OFB and updated them for Pets with some minor tweaks.

As others mentioned, Squinge has a no townie memory loss hack, but I don't think it gives you an option?  I could be wrong tho.

Ste

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 26, 09:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste, apparently Squinge's doesn't work because I had it and my townie still lost all her memories.  I'm a bit confused though.  Are you saying that your moveinall hack fixes the amnesia problem?

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 26, 10:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't trust Squinge's hacks. Call me MATY spoiled.

The only reason I was looking for an alternative with no menu adjustments option is because I do use InTeen. So I already have the move in for teens options, not interested in moving in kids and was thinking since the Syberspunk version is incompatible with InTeen, even though there's a work around by loading yours after, it'd just be best to find one like Pescado's that was still working with pets.

In any case, since the hood I tried this in was less than a sim-week old I decided to ditch it and start over. About to try this scenario again today and will see if I'm still getting the bug and go from there. Not in the mood to rebuild the hood again if it's avoidable.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 26, 11:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste, apparently Squinge's doesn't work because I had it and my townie still lost all her memories.  I'm a bit confused though.  Are you saying that your moveinall hack fixes the amnesia problem?

If you consider it a "problem" then yes, it fixes it, I suppose. Cheesy  In the sense that... when you move a townie in, it should provide you an option to keep or erase townie memories.  Unfortunately, if you want this to be the default (always keep memories) then you might be annoyed by constantly getting asked.

If you were familiar with BHAV editing using SimPE, you could easily hax0r it even further, and just make it always keep memories without prompting you at all.

And for the record, it isn't really "my" hack per se. pinhead deserves the credit because it was his awesome hack in the first place.  I just agreed to take custody of it, and keep it updated for further EPs, because I consider it one of my must have hacks.

I don't trust Squinge's hacks. Call me MATY spoiled.

The only reason I was looking for an alternative with no menu adjustments option is because I do use InTeen. So I already have the move in for teens options, not interested in moving in kids and was thinking since the Syberspunk version is incompatible with InTeen, even though there's a work around by loading yours after, it'd just be best to find one like Pescado's that was still working with pets.

Heh.  Yeah, we're all spoiled by the awesome. Cheesy  Still, I use many of squinge's hacks that seem to work ok.  I just make sure I don't use anything that conflicts with teh awesome.  And if I find anything that does, I just tweak it myself. Smiley

As for InTeen, well, I haven't looked at the code myself... but you could try hax0ring the moveinall hack.  If you delete the CT - Object Menu and CT - Object Menu Command BHAVs (or whatever it's called, I forget the exact name), you could effectively remove any "new" menu options and keep the functionality (prompting to keep or erase memories).  You would probably still have to load the hack last, just in case.  Unless you do a scan and find no other conflicts?

In anycase, that may be too complicated for the wary and uninitiated. Heh. Maybe I'll take a peek at your error log from before when I get home.

Ste

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 26, 12:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get this error too on marriage. I've learned to live with it. I marry the Sims as I want them to and then when the 'undefigned transition error' occurs move them in via the teleport bush. Sometimes the Sims have memories and sometimes they do not.

I am using the fixes only version of moveinfix.

I keep meaning to take out the mod and just remember to move them in, but (as I said) I keep forgetting to do it before I load the game. And my game takes forever to release the files when I shut down that I just don't even bother trying to do it that way.

I've attached the log of my last attempt at marriage (the memories were kept), but I don't know how much use it will be as I refuse to de-modify my game. Which is also why I post this probably useless missive here rather than where you asked for.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 26, 12:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the fixes only version of moveinfix.

Hrm... well, if you're only using the moveinfix version, this version shouldn't give you any options to keep the memories.  Are you using some other hack to do so? (Pescado's or Squinge's?)

Also, are you using InTeen?

I'll try and poke around the code laters.

Ste

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 February 26, 13:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem solved, for those interested, and thus far it has nothing to do with any townie memory hacks  Wink though I have yet to try using said hack again since weeding this out.

Firstly, I apparently at some point amid my hackaholic induced neeeeed to get all my fixes back into my game made 2 folders for all my hacks. So.. I had duplicates of all my MATY and Inteen floating around under my makeup and clothes. Lips sealed After cleaning those out and running through the marriage again, I was still getting the undefined transition error so one by one everything came out and went back in.

No surprise at all, I'm sure, that the problem was in fact a conflict with InTeen. It doesn't play nice at all with Pescado's No20kHandouts. So sadly, no starting out completely poor without some extra effort on my part for my future sims but at least they can marry townies without any hitches now.

edit:

Bit of an update regarding the MoveInAll hack. It's not working, either. There's no error involved and I can't seem to produce one with it, it's just not kicking in. Marriage or simply Move-In goes off as normal base game with no dialog pop-up and no memories retained from townie-hood. This is using moveinfixEP4p1 and moveinall_unidorms-EP4p1.

I would try Pescado's NoAmnesia out and see how it tastes but it's been 404'ed.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 26, 14:21:49 by myskaal » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 February 26, 15:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I could have sworn I only had the fixes version, but it's been a while. I definately have Inteen and know of the conflict - infact I have just booted the game with your mod set to x_loadlast_ just to see what happens then.

I will do a little more investigation too and see what I come up with.

Oh, and No 20K handouts was definately working with Inteen last time I checked.

Double, ohh, my game is _definately_not_ patched.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 February 26, 17:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bit of an update regarding the MoveInAll hack. It's not working, either. There's no error involved and I can't seem to produce one with it, it's just not kicking in. Marriage or simply Move-In goes off as normal base game with no dialog pop-up and no memories retained from townie-hood. This is using moveinfixEP4p1 and moveinall_unidorms-EP4p1.

You shouldn't be using the moveinfix And the moveinall hacks together.  By default, the moveinall hacks (both the regular and the nofriends version) automatically include the fixes (from the moveinfix).

If you have both in your game... then by default, moveinfix would override and take precedence, since alphabetically it should load last.  As a result, it would render any changes made by moveinall ineffective.

The moveinall hack definitely conflicts with the InTeen.  I have an version of InTeen which I use to check for hack conflicts, and I did not see any direct conflict between InTeen and no20khandouts... that doesn't mean there isn't a potential conflict somewhere.  But as far as I can tell, they do not mod the same BHAVs or BCONs.

I looked at the InTeen code, and it appears to be failing at line

Code:
41: [prim 0x001C] Run Tree by Name (Tree name: "Age YA" [NamedTree:0x02 (Private)],
  Search for BHAV: Private,
  push onto My stack,
  args:
  Literal 0x0001,
  Literal 0x0000,
  Literal 0x0000)

Perhaps you can report it to jase.  I'm not sure if it's a legitimate bug.  It looks like this BHAV should be run if the sim involved is a YA.  But I'm not completely sure.  It uses some specific InTeen test BHAV.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2007 February 27, 09:14:49 by syberspunk » Logged

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 February 27, 00:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shouldn't be using the moveinfix And the moveinall hacks together.  By default, the moveinall hacks (both the regular and the nofriends version) automatically include the fixes (from the moveinfix).

Gotcha. I missed that fine print somewhere.

I thought the No20k and InTeen conflict was an odd one. Not that I know zip to doodah about any of it but it just seemed .. odd. I did mention it on the User to User support forum at InTeen. I suppose if jase feels like it he'll check it out but I'm not gonna go bugging him about it. Minor sacrifice.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 04, 13:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's actually not as odd as you might think.  The move-in/move-out code is responsible for transference of household funds as well as aging of teens to young adults (on college move-in) and young adults to adults (college move-out).  The InTeenimater modifies parts of the move-in controller to allow for university families.  no20k modifies this controller as well to prevent dissemination of the 20K bonus.  Unfortunately, we both touch upon a shared component of this controller.

It's probably something that is easily resolved I would think.

J

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: