More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:34:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An eye for an eye
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An eye for an eye  (Read 4985 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
An eye for an eye
« on: 2007 November 08, 01:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way of finding or searching for an eye using it's number i.e. 19655e4a-4153-6564-510e-7da41d432212.  I've no clue what I did with some eyes that my sims are using and I rather not have to change all of them.  It's a big family.  It's very likely the file is on my drive but I have so many of them it's impossible to find the right one.

Anyone has any idea?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: An eye for an eye
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 08, 05:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really. About all you can do is open them one by one in SimPE and check the Family number (i.e. 19655e4a-4153-6564-510e-7da41d432212) under the XML

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 08, 07:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try exporting the Sim and seeing what gets included in the package.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 08, 18:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Madame Min, but I'm trying to avoid that as I have a zillion eye files on my PC, in a ton of directories.  So locating them and opening all of them would take longer than just manually modifyng my character files.

Doc, the problem is I don't know which eye it is, and it's not in my download folder, or I would have just done as you suggested.  I must have moved it somewhere else on my drive, as I am endlessly shuffling my cc around.  It's a little OCD.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 09, 01:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, no, Doc's suggestion was very good. You package the Sim themselves (either through SimPE or on a lot by themselves) then their custom eye will be in the Sims2Pack with them and you can use CleanInstaller to open it up and read the name of the eye from there.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 09, 12:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the file is not in the download folder, it won't be packaged with the sim.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 09, 22:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grab all the eyes, dump them in the downloads folder temporarily, fire up the game, package the Sim, quit, remove excess eyes (ewww!), read CleanInstaller. It's the best deal around I reckon.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 10, 18:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I literally have eyes everywhere (lol, that sounds funny).  I have this tendency to create multiple the sims 2 folders, plus like 3 folders where I have downloaded and stored stuff, plus folders I have temporarily put on the  desktop in one of my organizing mood.  It's a real mess lol, and I need to invest a couple of evenings trying to consolidate everything.

But anyway, thanks for your help.  I actually found a package file of my family that I've done some time back, and I think the eye is probably in there.  At least it's a good starting point

Funny thing about that family package is I tried to install it, in yet another fresh  The Sims 2 folder created for this purpose (I'm sure you are starting to get the picture why my cc is such a mess), and the house doesn't show up in my house bin.  That has happened a lot to me lately, some houses not showing up and I have no clue why
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 14, 23:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as we are talking about eyes, is it possible to replace one custom eye with another? I am curious because I often use a custom eye for a certain, specific look, and later find another which I like much better. I know it is possible to switch your defaults to something else, but can that be done with custom eyes? Ideally every sim with the current custom eye color would then be switched to the new one, and pass on their genetics for the new eye color as if it were the original.

Would this mean fiddling with GUIDs somehow?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 15, 00:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elltrue

OK, firstly I'm going to bypass the whole question of changing eyes so that they actually show up in the game. I understand it's a several step process and I've never been that bothered about it to try to learn how.

As for the genetic side of custom ones it depends on exactly what kind of custom we're talking about and how you wish to swap them.

If you're using a set of defaults and wish to swap them for another set then, yes, the genetics will pass on OK. It's actually just passing on the exact same default genetics and the default set just changes what eyes are actually displayed.

If you're talking about ordinairy custom or geneticised custom eyes then the changing method is usually to go into every Sim with, say, 71d2a9ed-4344-ecfd-73b4-3ead0e21a12c eye (my geneticised golden green Genenims cats eye) and change reference to it to, say, ba95d726-4173-7304-dd25-b4a6472c5122 (my geneticed Enayla's Glow eye) - remembering that you'd also have to check all Sims that might carry the eye as a recessive.

In theory it is possible to go into the Enayla Glow eye (or any other) and give it the number of the eye you wish it to replace - but I have never had any success manually altering the Family Number of eyes and so believe that there is hidden data sets that need to be changed also in order to get this to work.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: