More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 03:59:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  phone options appearing on sim pie menu
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: phone options appearing on sim pie menu  (Read 4860 times)
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
phone options appearing on sim pie menu
« on: 2008 June 22, 11:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

something weird has happened, and i have the problem pictured when i carry a mobile phone.

anyone else had this, or got a fix for it please?
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: phone options appearing on sim pie menu
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 22, 12:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see a problem... when your sim carries a cell phone, all telephone options are supposed to appear on the sim menu.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 22, 13:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is that 'wait time 26H 25m'?
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 22, 13:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's from CB's Community Time hack. I am curious about the 'Magic' option, though.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 22, 13:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is that 'wait time 26H 25m'?

I was going to ask that.  And what's that "Magic ..." on the pie menu?  I haven't seen that before either.

Since I don't know what the problem is (apart from the wait time and the "magic") I can only suggest standard advice.  Make sure you have the latest version of all your hacks and run HCDU to check if you have any hack conflicts.

EDIT: Thanks Roux for the answer on the wait time.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 22, 14:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

something weird has happened, and i have the problem pictured when i carry a mobile phone.
*snipped image of cell phone working as intended*
anyone else had this, or got a fix for it please?

As Roux said, that's exactly what's supposed to appear. The only 'fix' is not having the phone in the first place. If it helps, think of it as your sim having a phone in his pocket, so you have to click on the pocket to reach the phone. Also, P&L.

What is that Magic tomfoolery about? Do I want this tomfoolery? If so, where can I get a slice of said tomfoolery?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 22, 18:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay okay, first up:

1) i was  pretty sure the "business" and "real estate" options only were supposed to come up WHEN you click on call. not alongside it.
that way all the phonecall options are located inside "call" sub-menu. i may take  my hacks out and see if this is the case.
i'm almost certain "subscribe to magazine" should't come up EVERY time i click on my sim. if thats how its supposed to be then its quite lame. do you really want to see that everytime you click on a sim with a mobile?

2) the 26 hours thing is indeed from crammyboys community time. if your sim goes out for, say, 5 hours, then once back in the home lot they wont appear for 5 hours. great mod.

3) the magic pack is from the harry potter set in conjunction with echo's magic skill mod. you build up your magic skill by practising in front of a spellbook, (you even have a blue skill meter for it) and once you're good enough you can kill sims by swarms of flies, electrocution or even bless them with irresistabilty. theres even magic cauldrons that let you create potions. recommended.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 22, 18:10:21 by tizerist » Logged
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 22, 18:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magic is from Echo's wand, used in the Harry Potter project over at MTS2. Here specifically.

It's a pretty cool object, the sim actually has a magic skill and has to raise it to gain new spells (sounds like the magic skill in AL might have been inspired by this too). You can check out the available spells at the page I linked to before.

Dive in!
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 22, 18:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: tizerist
1) i was  pretty sure the "business" and "real estate" options only were supposed to come up WHEN you click on call. not alongside it.
that way all the phonecall options are located inside "call" sub-menu. i may take  my hacks out and see if this is the case.
i'm almost certain "subscribe to magazine" should't come up EVERY time i click on my sim. if thats how its supposed to be then its quite lame. do you really want to see that everytime you click on a sim with a mobile?
No.  "Business" and "Real Estate" do annoyingly come up alongside "Call".  Same thing with "Subscribe to magazine".  It's a "feature".  Compare with the options on the regular phone: it's exactly the same.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 22, 19:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay okay, first up:
1) i was  pretty sure the "business" and "real estate" options only were supposed to come up WHEN you click on call. not alongside it... i'm almost certain "subscribe to magazine" should't come up EVERY time i click on my sim. if thats how its supposed to be then its quite lame.

Sadly, yes, it's exactly that lame.
Tizerist & Cappuccino, thanks for the info - it does sound like a neat mod! Wonder how that'll play with/against the magic in the next EP the latest L&P?

PS: tizerist, the shift key is your friend. Unlike too many other forums, grammar and spelling matter here.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 22, 19:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah well, i'll do without the mobile then :L
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: