More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 17:41:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  SimSheet (a sim-tracking program) [Now with Aspiration and LTW tracking!]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimSheet (a sim-tracking program) [Now with Aspiration and LTW tracking!]  (Read 241680 times)
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: SimSheet (a sim-tracking program) [Now with Importing from SimPE!]
« Reply #175 on: 2008 November 13, 00:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll drop you a couple in an email shortly. 
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 November 13, 04:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lerf, can you just verify that a folder called F:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\ exists?  And has some folders in it called N001, etc?

However, please note that the path is not quite the same as it would be on my C:drive
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 November 13, 04:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kate, can you redownload SimSheet-debug and try it again for me?

Same messages--"Loop 0 begin", "Loop 0 middle", crash.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2008 November 13, 09:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be a good idea if the user could type in the full path to their savegame folder?  You do know that SimPE will accept an argument for where to create the sims csv output though don't you?  Why not force it into the SimSheet data folder?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 2008 November 13, 10:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that would be a good idea - I now understand why it couldn't find mine, which on the test machine are on the d-drive.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: 2008 November 13, 12:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the commandline details, in case they got lost:

Quote from: Peter
So far, I have added the ability to select

the output folder (under which the "Rufio" folder is created with its contents).  This is "-out" on the command line, followed by the full path.  This is a folder selector when running Tools->Neighborhood->Export Sims...

the hood (only sims in this hood will be exported).  This is "-hood" on the command line, followed by the hood folder name (e.g. "N001").  This is the Neighborhood Browser when running Tools->Neighborhood->Export Sims...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: 2008 November 13, 17:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coralleane - your problem has nothing to do with the EP flags; the family info in the savefile is messed up.  I'm guessing this was a list imported from SimPE, right?  Reimport it and check that the family ties are correct - if they aren't, attach the output file that SimPE made here.

Lerf - the difference in the path would be why it's not finding them.  Is that the typical install path when the game is installed on other drives?

katemonster - redownload SimSheet-debug and try again.

Inge - I think that's probably the best thing for it, too.

I'll finish with the special households and update again later today.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008 November 13, 21:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this time it goes through the usual stuff with SimPE (and the splash screen shows that it's the QA version), then I get a message saying "Error: -rufio -out {outpath} {-hood hood} {-group group}. Then "cannot find output file; check that you are using the AL version of SimPE." When I tell it to import from previously exported output (I thought this might work since I still have the exportedsims.txt file from the last time I ran this sitting in my Sims folder) it still says it can't find the output file.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2008 November 13, 21:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I think that's probably an issue with my attempt to incorporate Inge's suggestion.  For now I'll put it back the way it was an reupload.

ETA: Try again now.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 13, 22:08:50 by rufio » Logged

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2008 November 13, 22:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pleh...same. Loop 0 begin, Loop 0 middle, crash.  Undecided
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: 2008 November 13, 22:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Believe it or not, you are actually giving me useful information.  I think this may wind up being another uninitialized variable problem.  I thought these particular variables would initialize themselves since they are Qt objects, but perhaps not.  Try the latest debug and see if that fixes it.

coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 November 13, 23:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coralleane - your problem has nothing to do with the EP flags; the family info in the savefile is messed up.  I'm guessing this was a list imported from SimPE, right?  Reimport it and check that the family ties are correct - if they aren't, attach the output file that SimPE made here.

I'll try to have to a look at it tomorrow.  The one that was working that I sent you was imported from SimPE at a later date than the others so perhaps it was simply a glitch with a few imports?  I'm pretty much reimporting on a regular basis and discarding old ones since I'm using it for testing at the moment, rather than 'proper' maintaining.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 November 14, 01:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit  Angry Still the same errors, same crash. I don't suppose the operating system is likely to be relevant (works on XP machine, not on Vista machine)?
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2008 November 14, 03:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be, kate, I don't know a lot about Windows or what Vista changed.  I'm out of ideas for this particular bork though - it's crashing during a function whose only purpose is to assign variables which are now properly initialized and everything. Huh

Anyway, I have another version up now, which divides the townies into households as per Marhis' post.  I did combine the adoption pools, and the strays with the normal townies, and put the display pets in with the adoption pool, though.

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 November 14, 06:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...looks like the Vista thing was a red herring. I decided I was going to use my old laptop to keep track of my sims since it worked the time I tried to import on that machine--so I tried to import the files from my real neighborhood, and lo and behold, the same crash. Then I had the brilliant idea to try to import a *different* neighborhood on my real machine, and kaboom, no crash! (Except I had to click through twelve million debug messages, because the current non-debug version errors when it tries to generate the output file.) So presumably it must have something to do with my actual neighborhood. If I were you I'd never want to hear anything from me again, but in the event that this gives you any ideas, I thought I'd post it anyway. (My neighborhood is not huge--503 sims, and my computer is only a few months old, not a dinosaur--and anyway the neighborhood that did work had 356 sims. Could there be one broken sim breaking the whole neighborhood? Should I start deleting people from the exportedsims file till I find the culprits?)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: 2008 November 14, 07:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

because the current non-debug version errors when it tries to generate the output file.)

Really?  I tested for that and everything.  Maybe the wrong exe got uploaded again.  I guess I'll reupload.

So presumably it must have something to do with my actual neighborhood. If I were you I'd never want to hear anything from me again, but in the event that this gives you any ideas, I thought I'd post it anyway.

Sounds like it might be an issue with the SimPE output, then, although I don't know what it might be.  Post the output file and see if Inge can figure out what happened.

ETA: The problem is with aspiration and secondary aspiration - I am using the second aspiration field rather than the first.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 November 14, 15:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lerf - the difference in the path would be why it's not finding them.  Is that the typical install path when the game is installed on other drives?

katemonster - redownload SimSheet-debug and try again.

Probably.  When you install on another drive you're prompted for a folder to put them in and that's the one I chose as there wasn't any point to putting in a "Documents and Settings" and a <my name> folder.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 November 15, 22:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in case this is any use, here's my output file. Do you still need this or is the problem with secondary aspirations?

* ExportedSims.txt (115.96 KB - downloaded 311 times.)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2008 November 15, 22:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was just extra information about when the program is crashing to help Inge figure out what's going wrong in the output.  Do you know the name of the playable whose name comes first alphabetically in the hood?  That's the first one that gets loaded into the dialog, and that was where it was failing.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2008 November 15, 23:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry?  Was there meant to be something wrong with the output?  What sort of something?

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: 2008 November 15, 23:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something in this particular neighborhood that causes my program to crash when the text for the aspiration and/or secondary aspiration are put into string variables in the display class.  I don't know what kind of problem would cause this, but since it is apparently unique to this neighborhood, it's got to be a problem with the output.

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2008 November 15, 23:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first playable alphabetically is Andre Alvarez.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: 2008 November 15, 23:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something in this particular neighborhood that causes my program to crash when the text for the aspiration and/or secondary aspiration are put into string variables in the display class.  I don't know what kind of problem would cause this, but since it is apparently unique to this neighborhood, it's got to be a problem with the output.

So analyse it and let me know in what way the output doesn't meet your spec.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2008 November 15, 23:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first playable alphabetically is Andre Alvarez.

There is no Andre Alvarez in that list.  Are you sure it's the right neighborhood?

ETA: I just loaded that list and it worked fine.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 15, 23:58:37 by rufio » Logged

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2008 November 16, 00:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I don't know how the hell I ended up with that list. I'm pretty sure that's from whatever Maxis neighborhood I imported without any problems. I hope this one is right.

ETA this appears to be my actual neighborhood. Hope it's more useful than uploading never-played, never-modified Pleasantville.

* ExportedSimsbackup.txt (169.61 KB - downloaded 328 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: