More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 05:37:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  servo won't recharge - afraid of fire?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: servo won't recharge - afraid of fire?  (Read 2749 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
servo won't recharge - afraid of fire?
« on: 2008 June 24, 06:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zaphod, the first Servo in my new Pleasantview - actually in my entire game - has suddenly developed a phobia of recharging. I can command him to recharge, or he can autonomously decide to do so, or be ordered by a macro to recharge before starting an activity, but all methods give the same result. He'll go outside, slump down, the rays will appear over his body for 2-3 seconds, then he'll snap right out of it without any power gain, with a thought bubble showing a "fire" icon above his head. There isn't an option to repair him, and the repairwoman didn't deem him worth her attention when I called her over either. I know he can recharge by sleeping in a bed, but since this isn't a default action issued by any macro, or something he'll do autonomously, I'd really rather figure out why he won't recharge "naturally" and address that issue.

Tried google and searching here, found nothing. P&L at me if you must if I missed some relevant threads already in existence on this issue.
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: servo won't recharge - afraid of fire?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 24, 07:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a stuck invisible fire outside? I know I've had a couple since FT got installed. Not on a lot with a servo yet, I don't know if it wakes them up.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 24, 07:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, it's possible. How would I find out?

EDIT: Nevermind. I installed an outdoor fire alarm and sure enough it started blaring, but the fireman would just come and leave in a repeated loop. I searched for "invisible fire" and found that the decorative trellis was likely my culprit, after deleting it, the fire became visible and I was able to call the fireman to put it out. That'll teach me to not have outdoor fire alarms! Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2008 June 24, 08:07:16 by jennydee » Logged
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 24, 08:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, I was going to suggest he was scared of being hit by fireballs whilst recharging.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: