More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 14:16:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE - Where did I screw Up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE - Where did I screw Up  (Read 2918 times)
Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
SimPE - Where did I screw Up
« on: 2007 June 26, 07:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh All I wanted was to tweek my Sims goodies and be the best damb sim eva  Grin

so I downloaded SimPE, and after much buggering around etc I finally found the Character adjuster.

So I made it all nice and full, and then went to load the game and VOILA !!!! Now I have to re-install as whatever I did, managed to delete the startup file and now the game is asking me if I want to Install the game in English or Dutch !!!!

Is there a SimPE for Dummies out there, or even better, a hack to maximise all traits of a sim?

Man did I screw up bad here LOL !!!!!

Lee

If at First you don't Succeed - CHEAT
Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: SimPE - Where did I screw Up
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 26, 07:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GAWD it gets worse...

Now it seems Windows isnt functioning correctly !!!

Tried to do a system restore and its GONE ! Tried searching for it in Help and REsources and I get an error message saying: helpctr.exe is missing...

HELP MUMMY !!!!!!!!

Gonna run virus check now just in case :-)

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 26, 08:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Aristocrats!

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 26, 08:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow... heh, there are a lot of ways on how to completely destroy your game in SimPE, if you don't know what you're doing.
There isn't a SimPE for dummies, because SimPE - for its own nature - is built for users at least a bit expert (or who doesn't mind at all what will happen to their hood  Grin). In any case, expert or not, the only way to deal with hacks and mod tools is to always backup your game before any attempt.

There are also a lot of hacks for tasks like those you describe (e.g. InSIMenator cames to mind).

There is also no need of hacks at all, for those tasks: the usual game cheats, and the debug mode will do. http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=103926 for the debug mode.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 26, 09:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis THANK YOU !!!

I think the Insimenator is just what this moron needs  Wink

Busy reinstalling my games now -  Embarrassed

I see there are three versions to choose from, God after all the sheit I went thro now, Im even scared to download them LOL.

Guess the OBJ one is the best bet. Have enough new menus to deal with thanks to the ACR patch..

thanks a mill for your help, Even that list of cheats looks almost completely "Lee Proof"  Grin

Lee

Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 26, 09:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW: I learnt the hard way about backing up. When I first got the game I was like a fraudster with a visa card, I DOWNLOADED EVERYTHING !!!

Then came the hard bit about sorting out the DL that where making my game crash :-) EVERYTHING I download, I make a back up of my EA GAMES dir first.

At least now, after this, I still have a neighbourhood left :-)

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 26, 15:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW: I learnt the hard way about backing up. When I first got the game I was like a fraudster with a visa card, I DOWNLOADED EVERYTHING !!!
Dude, if it wasn't made by EAxis, don't pay for it. Paysites are bad, mmkay? Clicky the linky in the top right corner. Also, note that the constant capitalization makes you look like a raving idiot.

As far as SimPE goes, changing a sim's personality won't bork your game. I suspect you did something else, too, and/or were using an inappropriate version of the program for the game you have. Not a huge criticism...there's a lot of options there, and for a new user you can get a little too excited and want to try everything out.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: