More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 13:37:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?  (Read 89976 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?
« Reply #175 on: 2006 August 31, 09:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi is trying to get across the point that you need to learn the appropriate use of the apostrophe.

Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2006 August 31, 09:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have dyslexia, so sorry but tough Wink

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2006 August 31, 09:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxiod moodbelly......

Cheesy Is that like a mood ring?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2006 August 31, 09:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol! Crap on my spelling Cheesy .... MOON, even I should be able to get that one right!

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2006 August 31, 10:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just DL'd a nice *ahem* free copy ... Id say its worth getting a free copy for the PJ's .... actually some of the clothing is ok ... but thats about it. Not worth its £10 price label IMO Undecided

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2006 August 31, 10:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have dyslexia, so sorry but tough Wink

Brain disorders are no excuse for lazyness :p
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2006 August 31, 10:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whats 'lazy' about having an illness may I ask? Tongue

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2006 August 31, 10:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. MaxoidMoonBelly seems to be the new Emma, she forgot to put any room for restrooms in the Haute Trot Shopping Center.  Cheesy

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2006 August 31, 10:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whats 'lazy' about having an illness may I ask? Tongue
I am probably dyscalculic, but as I am aware of it I take special care to go over my numbers again before setting them down somewhere. The only mistakes I thus make are out of lazyness and haste.
If you know you are dyslexic you should take special care to check your spelling, and not type like a moron and then claim you can't do anything about it. Wink
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2006 August 31, 11:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry
Word blindness .... as in blind to misspelling even when presented with the correct way to spell something. This IS my taking a great effort to be 'presentable' and not to be shat on my small minded, petty individuals.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2006 August 31, 11:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't fool me into believing that word blindness (simplified: a problem in realizing which letter goes where) has anything to do with improper placing of apostrophes. In English there is no plural form which takes an apostrophe, the apostrophe is only used to mark missing letters (as in we're, where the apostrophe masks the 'a' from are; or don't where the apostrophe masks the 'o' from not) and the possessive.

I can except dyslexia as an excuse for misspelling 'by' as 'my' but not for thing's: it doesn't even have the same word shape as things so the dyslexia excuse doesn't fly there.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2006 August 31, 11:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now you are oversimplifying things. It is not a case of spelling 'by' as 'my', but more a case of is 'be' spelt like that or 'bee' or even 'bea', etc, this does . Or is this letter an 'a' or an 'e', and does it go before or after this letter, and is it even supposed to be there at all. This is how it is for each and every letter of each and ever word written,  including punctuation, and is nothing to do with 'laziness' or making 'excuses'  Roll Eyes

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2006 August 31, 11:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(...) and not to be shat on my (...)
(...) It is not a case of spelling 'by' as 'my', )...)

Cheesy

You do realize I am just egging you on, I hope?
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2006 August 31, 11:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, ive been crapped on for this for my whole life, so it's not a joke at all to me Cry

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2006 August 31, 12:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have FFStuff and I won't have GLStuff either. Both are rip-offs, and I have better uses for my money. You know, luxuries such as gasoline for my car, food for my kids, etc. I don't play a lot of instances where my pixel people use the formal stuff that I already have. Aside from that I'm very happy with my men's clothing from http://hnote.net/  and there are a few others who are just as good, but I can't remember right now where they are.

I think it's great clothing, I have almost all of his men's wear.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2006 August 31, 12:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those hnote.net things are nice, but the categories are all messed up for some of them (they're enabled for swimwear as well for example).
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2006 August 31, 12:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That they are, some are also in the athletic wear section. But it's not that many, and I can live with that. That reminds me that I actually wanted to look into that with SimPe. HNote is not the worst offender, there are a few creators who seem to make their outfits available across the board as a matter of course. Because I'm picky in what clothes I download, those outfits are rather nice and I would like to keep them, but I want them in their proper section only.

I have to dig around and find the coding for clothing. I know I've written it down...somewhere. Ah well, there's always MTS2. They are bound to have a tutorial for that, because they seem to have tutorials for just about everything. Which is entirely a good thing.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2006 August 31, 13:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Glamourclothings lok very nice on a good Grafikcard. They have the silky Shine like the cookcareeroutfit  and some are bumpmapped too. I only have wished to get more Everydays for Male.
 Btw no Bugs or Grafikglitches seen. Meshes are all nice and well done.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2006 August 31, 13:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi and Elven Ranger: I'm dyslexic too. It is a pain when you're trying to write quickly. But as I know I don't see things the way they were meant to be seen, I tend to type things first into Word or some other program with spell check, check for mistakes, then paste into forums such as this. If that isn't possible, I go slowly and do my best to proofread. If (when) I still make mistakes, I take the mocking as it was intended: to improve my writing so I don't look like an idiot. But that's because I care about my writing. Others may do as they will, of course, and when they look really stupid, I'll help make it better. Cheesy

Everyone else may return to their regularly scheduled conversation.
Thanks.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2006 August 31, 13:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those hnote.net things are nice, but the categories are all messed up for some of them (they're enabled for swimwear as well for example).

Very easy to fix in SimPE -- I believe there's instructions on how to properly categorize clothes over in Peasantry.  No new clothing goes into my game without being categorized right anymore.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: 2006 August 31, 13:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As usual, Maxis textures leave a lot to be desired. So I'm evaluating this package more in terms of new meshes.

I actually like Maxis textures, as a rule, and I've been having a hard time finding dressy clothes that don't turn all of my female sims into a freakshow-

I'm finding it's because very few meshers go thru the trouble of making sure that their meshes look good on the "unfit" female sims as well as "fit" ones.  They must somehow forget that Maxis included more than one bodytype into the game and when sims are in another state, suddenly their once gorgeous outfits turn hideously ugly with jagged, disappearing, invisable, wonky parts of the mesh as they morph into the sims body.  

I test new meshes in my game before putting them into actual play now (learned the hard way) and these days promptly point, laugh and remove said meshes and add them to a list of who not to download from again.

I like variety in my game, fit and unfit (they are by no means fat, I don't care what the game says, I'm in the gimme more body types camp too!) and won't be bothered with those outfits or creators that don't work for all the Maxis body types.  

As for the "stuff packs" if they were just like downloaded items and that was it, I might have gotten it if it were less than $10.  Talking legal copies here, the fact that it's twice that price for more hassle, urm no thanks.  I'll pass.  For it to be labeled "Glamour" and not to have more hairstyles is a bit misleading, I thought for sure they'd be including plenty of them.  Who can be glamorous without a new hairstyle to go with it?

I'll hold out still for the 80's stuff pack.  **dreams** Tight jeans or jeans that were cuffed at the bottom just so...and spandex--who lived thru the 80's without spandex!? Truly baggy tshirts and striped sweaters, off the shoulder sweatshirts with tanktops underneath, multicolored legwarmers and honest to goodness tennis shoes with socks that go over the jeans, or don't forget a good pair of leather "boat shoes" with the curls on the end! Friendship bracelets and pins for your shoes and long dangly earrings and big hoop earrings, a good tshirt mesh for the guys and denim jackets with pins and airbrushing on them for everyone.  Correctly spiked hair, long poofy bangs that took gallons of hairspray to get just right and curly hair to go with them.  And good 80's type sim music to match.  **sigh**  

Where was I? Oh yes...meshes need to fit all Maxis body types!

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy
« Last Edit: 2006 August 31, 13:35:14 by Ivy » Logged

Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 August 31, 13:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi and Elven Ranger: I'm dyslexic too. It is a pain when you're trying to write quickly. But as I know I don't see things the way they were meant to be seen, I tend to type things first into Word or some other program with spell check, check for mistakes, then paste into forums such as this. If that isn't possible, I go slowly and do my best to proofread. If (when) I still make mistakes, I take the mocking as it was intended: to improve my writing so I don't look like an idiot. But that's because I care about my writing. Others may do as they will, of course, and when they look really stupid, I'll help make it better. Cheesy

Everyone else may return to their regularly scheduled conversation.
Thanks.

Pain in the arse isnt it? Dont know about you, but even when presented with a 'list' of suggested spelling's in a spellchecking program ... I still cant pick out the correct bloody spelling!!!! Undecided
lol, ah well  Smiley

As for GL ..... I REALLY like the lady's PJ's! Im already doing a couple of re-colours already!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 August 31, 13:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an 80's theme over on MTS2 by ‘Cee’ with some more-than-halfway-decent outfits.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2006 August 31, 14:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but you should not have to recategorize clothing....

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2006 August 31, 14:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but you should not have to recategorize clothing....

Yea, in a perfect world...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: