More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 03:16:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 124381 times)
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #300 on: 2007 February 25, 15:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled Pets after the fiasco with the patch and reloaded Pets sans the patch.  I get Seasons this week and will load it over the unpatched version of Pets.  Will this mean I'm screwed or what? 

I don't use pets in my game so I suppose it really will not matter.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 27, 02:59:34 by theisz » Logged
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2007 February 25, 15:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled Pets after the fiasco with the patch and reloaded Pets sans the patch.  I get Season's this week and will load it over the unpatched version of Pets.  Will this mean I'm screwed or what? 

I don't use pets in my game so I suppose it really will not matter.

This is what I'm kind of wondering also. I never did install the patch because I had read this thread and decided against it. Any issues that the patch supposedly fixed, JM and TJ already had hacks for.
Will Seasons force me to patch by the "checking to see if TS2 version is up to date" part of the installation?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2007 February 25, 16:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone who doesn't mind getting banned should go ask this over at the BBS.

Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2007 February 25, 16:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I never post over there so I suppose I could do it.  I have never made a topic so what area should I put it?  I'll never post over there so I could care less if they ban me. 

Why would they ban me?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2007 February 25, 16:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im writting one up now...

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: 2007 February 25, 16:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I never post over there so I suppose I could do it.  I have never made a topic so what area should I put it?  I'll never post over there so I could care less if they ban me. 

Why would they ban me?

..for daring to have less than complete, blind, sheepy loyalty in the Mighty Maxis EA Gods?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2007 February 25, 16:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23&threadID=685cbf89807c42d922bbf3014765b806&directoryID=2&startRow=1

Edit: for the love of all things holy, someone get in there and write something intelligent before the sheep take over.

Edit: too late Thread was eaten in record time.  Answer to will Seasons install Pets patch: No. 
Is installing Seasons over a unpatched Pets a good idea?: Not answered.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 25, 17:08:56 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2007 February 25, 17:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe that thing about the patches, anyway; I seem to recall having to check for updates whenever you install a new EP.

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: 2007 February 25, 18:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm getting used to the patch.  I find the maid with the newly dyed hair amusing.  I've only had two babies grow up with the wrong hair color, and their eyebrows tell me what color the hair should be.

But still, I'm wondering what stuff will happen to my game when I install Seasons.  What silly bugs will be introduced?  Will I have glitched houses because I left the Renu-Orb on my lots again? 

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2007 February 25, 19:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm now in no rush to install Seasons, as interesting as it sounds.  I'll read the guide first.  Besides, I've got to be sure all my Simmies are in bed in my hood and in Uni since they will all be reset.  That will take me another week. 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2007 February 25, 21:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as a point of interest about the patch, I've been running with the unholy hybrid for about a week now. Babies are turning into toddlers with the correct genetic information, maids have proper hair colour, all is well. Except the pet spam in the wants, I've just got an artificial booster running for aspiration and am ignoring the wants for now.

I have TwoJeff's No Pet Obsession.package and JM's antipetobsession.package. I've tried them singly and together, still mass pet spam.

I don't mind testing things out, I'll be buying Seasons as soon as it arrives, I'm keen to see the weather.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2007 February 25, 21:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already prepped my game for Seasons.  I have removed all hacks and hacked objects and more than half of the CC.  I went through my CC, all 7 gigs of it.  Roll Eyes   I will however be pulling my downloads folder prior to installation.  I am starting from scratch on this one.  I took out all of my neighborhoods so I could start with a clean slate.

Hopefully the less whiny and what's this hacks will work.  Those are the two hacks that I will go crazy without.  I did this with Pets so I could test hacks and I plan on doing that again with Seasons.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 27, 02:59:11 by theisz » Logged
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2007 February 25, 21:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you install a new EP, it checks to see if the base game is patched, it doesn't check to see if the EPs are patched. And I could have sworn that they didn't release the Uni patch until after NL was released. There's no reason that they couldn't patch Pets again once we've installed Seasons.

Personally the main problem with the patch, the  hair, I suspect will be fixed with Seasons, anyway, since I have a feeling it was Seasons code that broke it in the first place.  Roll Eyes

Edit: After the problems I had when I installed Pets, I'm removing my Sims2 folder from My Documents entirely when I go to install Seasons. If it installs okay, I'll add in my walls,floors and genetics. If no one else has objects make the game explode, I'll add them later with the neighborhoods. I can play happily enough without most of my hacks, so that will be fine. I just need to play one family in particular through a few more days, since I started playing around with Inteen for the first time last week, and I don't want to risk leaving the family in so unnatural a state for the new EP.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2007 February 25, 22:01:49 by katenigma » Logged

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2007 February 25, 22:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. When installing EP's it always say it's up to date even though I have not installed any patches.  I'm not concerned about it forcing me to run the Pets update as it's never done that with any other EP.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2007 February 26, 07:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what happens for those that buy Season's and had updated their Pets with the broken patch?  You wont be able to install the fix for the Pets patch should they put one out.  You would have already installed Season's and not be able to patch the Pets patch.

No, that's not true -- I've installed patches for older EPs/SPs with no problem. The patch just looks in the directory where the program it's supposed to patch exists. It doesn't care about other directories and programs.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2007 February 26, 08:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly.

Theisz -- sadly you're incorrect. Only files directly replaced in later versions will contain the fixes in your case, you will still run into any bugs in other places unless you fix the individual expansions as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2007 February 26, 08:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newer expansions don't use the object or executable codes of any previous expansions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2007 February 26, 09:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do use the meshes, and objectscripts, right?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2007 February 26, 09:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mesh, texture, sound, and anims are what each EP provide. The engine and the scripts (both Edith and Lua) are replaced with a newer build (or thereabouts) for all objects that exist in the game to that point. The exceptions being the Holiday packs.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2007 February 26, 10:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, then why was everything fixed ONLY if you applied both the OFB and FFS patches? Is it because FFS was a SP and not an EP? I would think that even if it didn't add new game elements, it came with all the objects-to-date-just-not-activated like other EPs.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2007 February 26, 10:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, then why was everything fixed ONLY if you applied both the OFB and FFS patches? Is it because FFS was a SP and not an EP? I would think that even if it didn't add new game elements, it came with all the objects-to-date-just-not-activated like other EPs.

Because only the OFB patch patched Bluewater Village. FFS doesn't read the rest of the OFB code, so it needed to be patched separately.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2007 February 26, 11:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly.

Theisz -- sadly you're incorrect. Only files directly replaced in later versions will contain the fixes in your case, you will still run into any bugs in other places unless you fix the individual expansions as well.

Thanks for the info.  I had not realized it was setup this way.

So I need to go ahead and bite the bullet and install the Pets patch prior to loading Season's and hope the fix they come out with will work with Seasons.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 27, 02:58:42 by theisz » Logged
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2007 February 26, 11:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if you actually WANT the patch...otherwise go on without.
You could always install the patch later, should a better one come out.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2007 February 26, 13:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the Uni patch came out WAY overdue and after NL was released, there were two patches: one for Uni only users, and one for Uni+NL users.
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2007 February 26, 13:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is what I am hoping for but not holding my breath.  I would think they would need to put out one patch for those with Seasons and one for just Pets because the new EP is coming out before they can patch their patch.  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2007 February 27, 02:58:25 by theisz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: