More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 23:10:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  weird graduation memories
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: weird graduation memories  (Read 3029 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
weird graduation memories
« on: 2005 August 21, 05:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, this is affecting a couple of sims so far - for two of my sims each time they move house, their immediate family and themselves get a new memory of them graduating - the family I was just playing today it is particularly noticeable - the adopted baby has a memory of his father graduating!

Is this a problem?  I don't know just how significant it is - I was just checking to see if a toddler had been potty trained, and noticed it - I'm not normally worried about memories, but there is another family that appears to have similar things going on.

If it is a problem, how do I fix it?

Ness
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: weird graduation memories
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 21, 05:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were they ever a YA NPC or townie you moved in without properly passing college and graduating? These sims are often glitchy when removed abruptly from colleges, and you should avoid doing this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 21, 06:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the adopted baby has a memory of his father graduating! Ness

Do you mean the adopted baby's genetic father or the adopted family's father?

I was just curious, as I thought someone said that being adopted was supposed to replace the memories of their original family with the exception of toddler and death memories.  I seldom worry or care about singular memories, except where there is a special token involved.  I got so used to the memories being messed-up in the earlier days of TS2 and then UniEP that I never looked at them unless I got bored or I wanted to view a Sims early history and the relationships they had with other Sims.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 21, 07:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the sims involved were born in the game - one of them has hooked up with a townie teen that was taken to college and grew up that way.

Bane~Child, I'm talking about the adoptive father - it was a baby that was generated for the adoption, not a child that had been removed from another family - somehow I've managed to avoid having that happen at all

do the memories have any significance?  if it's not going to hurt anything by having them there, than I'm not going to worry too much, I'm just a little worried that it could be a sign of something a little more serious that may attack later.

Ness
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 21, 07:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do the memories have any significance?  if it's not going to hurt anything by having them there, than I'm not going to worry too much, I'm just a little worried that it could be a sign of something a little more serious that may attack later. Ness

This is my personal opinion on this matter and there will be others with different views.

The only memories that I feel matter are the ones that involve a token and any memories that refenece an ID# such as a Sim's character ID# that has a direct memory shared with your Sim and that is not an invisible memory.

For instance, in Veronaville, Juliette Capp and Romeo Monty both have a memory each of Mercutio Monty catching Hermia Capp cheating, as well as a memory of Hermia Capp being caught cheating by Mercutio Monty.  Both of these are invisible memories to Romeo and Juliette and in my opinion are not especially useful.  If you look at both Mercutio and Hermia's memories, neither one of them have their own memories of cheating and being caught cheating.

It really is a matter of preference for you, especially if you are telling a story or reading through the memories of Sims to get specific information, such as for rebuilding or creating memories of other Sims.  This can be quite useful.  If your logic seems common sense to you, then I would go with your instincts.  If you are doubtful or feel they may be useful later, than leave them for now.  At some point you may want to purge the memories, but just keep in mind the memories that they may share with another Sim.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: