More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 06:06:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Case of the Vanishing Tombstone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Case of the Vanishing Tombstone  (Read 4088 times)
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
The Case of the Vanishing Tombstone
« on: 2006 January 08, 07:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim who died while pregnant. Due to several dumb moves on my part, eg placing her urn in a sim's inventory only to have her tombstone spawn intself on the lot where she died and later on another lot, the tombstone has vanished altogether ... Therefore, she's unlinked and no one can resurrect her.

She was a key character in a story I was telling and for that reason alone I shouldn't have tried to move her grave in the first place. I had big plans to bring her back to life so she could cause all sorts of chaos in the neighborhood before I killed her for good.

So my questions are these --
Is there any way to bring her back with SimPE?
Alternatively, could I make a clone of her and manipulate everyone's memories (via SimPE) to believe the clone is really her?
If so, how would I go about that? Which way would be easier?
Or am I just going to screw up my game if I press the issue?

%&$^* buggy inventory...
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: The Case of the Vanishing Tombstone
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 08, 07:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so not the expert when it comes to this kind of thing but do know that you could use SimPE's SimSurgery to clone her and re-create her in CAS.  I know absolutely nothing about editing memories, though.

Also, Pescado has a mod that has something to do with unlinked tombstones that at this point is too little too late, but definitely a critical fix for the game.  You can find it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2083.0

terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 08, 09:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link, Misty. *Sigh* I guess I can find a new plot for my neighborhood. I wasn't attached to the dead sim, I just was curious how the baby was going to turn out. The whole mess is my own fault, anyway.

I already know how to clone sims with SimPE. I do it often to see how my toddlers will turn out as adults, because I'm impatient. The sim in question was a townie anyway, so she wouldn't be hard to duplicate.
I know nothing about editing memories with SimPE, but I would like to and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to a tutorial...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 08, 10:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anti Tombstone Unlinkage is NOT a critical fix for the game, it's simply an anti-shredding feature. You may, at some point, desire to shred simfiles, but the no-shred-on-delete feature is simply designed to prevent accidental file shredding. File shredding is not something critical and having pfiles shredded will not affect your game negatively, other than the possible loss of tombstones and the inability to resurrect the dead. The shredding may or may not actually be desirable, depending on your objectives.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 08, 13:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she's Unlinked but still has her character data, the Tombstone Unlinkage mod would work to regenerate her tombstone, then you would simply need to make her Linked again in SimPE to have her resurrected.  To do that, bring her character file up in the Sim Browser or Sim Description, click on Other, then change the 1 at the end of Unlinked (penultimate line in Misc panel) to 0 so it reads 0x0000 instead of 0x0001 (remembering to Commit and Save).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 08, 18:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious to what is missing in the shredded file? Is it just genetics--because you can create them--or is it much more serious and can't be fixed?
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 08, 19:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she's Unlinked but still has her character data, the Tombstone Unlinkage mod would work to regenerate her tombstone, then you would simply need to make her Linked again in SimPE to have her resurrected.  To do that, bring her character file up in the Sim Browser or Sim Description, click on Other, then change the 1 at the end of Unlinked (penultimate line in Misc panel) to 0 so it reads 0x0000 instead of 0x0001 (remembering to Commit and Save).

According to SimPE she is unlinked and has no character data. I think she's officially been "shredded" (before I was able to install nounlinkondelete, naturally). So even if I changed her linkage, I wouldn't be able to resurrect her without problems, right?

I'm curious to what is missing in the shredded file? Is it just genetics--because you can create them--or is it much more serious and can't be fixed?

That's something I'd like to know, too.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 08, 21:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am fairly sure that when a character file is shredded there isn't anything left but a portrait to show up on the family tree and a name - no other character data at all.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 08, 22:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One would hope. But there's probably some random detritus also stuck in a shredded file.

It's definitely not fixable, short of copying from a back up.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 08, 23:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prior to NL,I had a platinum gravestone disappear and her file was so shredded that her picture didn't even show up--only her name if you hovered over it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: