More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 23:13:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there way to terminate pregnancies without modding tools?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there way to terminate pregnancies without modding tools?  (Read 9590 times)
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

INTP: the world exists to be observed

View Profile
Is there way to terminate pregnancies without modding tools?
« on: 2008 December 14, 17:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I gather that the Ottomas family is borked and if you let Samantha's pregnancy proceed, she'll have twins with random fathers.  I'm a Mac user so I cannot use PC-based modding tools - given that, is there a way to terminate a pregnancy using in-game cheats?

Game config: Mac version, first 6 EPs (Uni thru BV), Aspyr combo patch, no SPs
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Is there way to terminate pregnancies without modding tools?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 14, 17:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use SimBlender by Twojeffs at Simbology; it has an option to terminate pregnancies.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 14, 18:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that by "modding tools" she also meant PC-Based mods in general; if not, ACR also has a Morning-After pill option, if you have it in your downloads. The InSimenator also had one, if I recall correctly.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 14, 18:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify, I can't run PC executables (file extension .exe) but I can use mods that were generated with PC tools and saved to .package files which I can place in my Downloads folder.

For example, I'm using most of the mods in Pescado's Director's Cut and (I assume) they were created with SimPE.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 14, 19:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mac users can use any of the mods/hacks that PC users use. Just not the programs. So, the OP can use a tool like InSIM or SimBlender, since both of those go in the Downloads folder and are in-game tools. Smiley

So, OP, go get SimBlender from the site linked above.

Fail.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 14, 23:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I gather that the Ottomas family is borked and if you let Samantha's pregnancy proceed, she'll have twins with random fathers.  I'm a Mac user so I cannot use PC-based modding tools - given that, is there a way to terminate a pregnancy using in-game cheats?

That was fixed in a patch.  The father of her twins is now her husband.  However this couple do not breed well, so I'd recommend getting one of the mods suggested here.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 15, 00:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify, I can't run PC executables (file extension .exe) but I can use mods that were generated with PC tools and saved to .package files which I can place in my Downloads folder.

For example, I'm using most of the mods in Pescado's Director's Cut and (I assume) they were created with SimPE.
If you have the Director's Cut, you have the lot debugger. Make preggo sim selectable. While in debug mode, SHIFT-click on debugger and choose Nuke...pregnancy token.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Nevaeh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 15, 04:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a shame an abortion feature wasn't included. I take it Maxis is not pro-choice.  Roll Eyes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 15, 04:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's no abortion feature because there are similarly no unwanted pregnancies. You have to manually order each one, so pregnancy NORMALLY only happens through the Will of God.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nevaeh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 15, 04:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But plenty of planned pregnancies are still aborted.  Roll Eyes
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 15, 05:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But plenty of planned pregnancies are still aborted.  Roll Eyes

Really?  Huh But... why?
"Ok, try for baby, good: I want simspawn; no, wait, I changed my mind, stop it! Darn! Too late! Kill! Kill!!!!"

A little too much schizophrenic, maybe?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 15, 05:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget there's also fatfingering Try For Baby. Hasn't happened to me, but apparently a lot of people have abnormally fat fingers.

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 15, 05:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can always just let them have the baby and then kill someone to make up the balance. That's what I used to do, before the Oversoul became disgusted with itself after the Great Massacre of Urban Paradise.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 15, 06:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're both correct, SaraMK and Zazazu (I would also add a "Thanks this is great" for Zazazu's birth control method), but I was baffled in particular by the "plenty" and "planned" parts of the sentence.
"Planned pregnancy" should be different from "My sim got pregnant because I knot my fingers together", shouldn't it? I know I always underestimate the power of the 12's force, but still...

------
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 15, 22:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's called "changing your mind"...  Tongue

Officially Weird
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 16, 01:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...or ACR...or twins...

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 16, 01:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR is not a part of the core game, so it not a valid justification in the core game. Twins are an unknown quantity, so a player does not normally even know that such a thing will occur. The Lot Debugger includes a Nuke command to halt the twin blight.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 16, 16:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the Director's Cut, you have the lot debugger. Make preggo sim selectable. While in debug mode, SHIFT-click on debugger and choose Nuke...pregnancy token.

You're talking about ffsdebugger, right?  That's one of the few Director's Cut mods I didn't use.  I left it out because I don't want the sim generator to be randomized - I've been using the fact that the sim generator creates the same face/personality combinations in the same order (from startup) to select the child I want from the first 5 or 6 possibilities for a given birth.

I tried the tombstone, as TashaFaun recommended, but it didn't give me a terminate-pregnancy option.  (I running BV on a Mac so maybe that feature was left out of the Mac version.)

I'll try SimBender, as Marhis recommeded, as soon as I play all my occupied lots to a point where they can be reset without causing too much annoyance.  (I've noticed that adding a mod seems to reset every lot, maybe that's another peculiarity of the Mac version.)

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 16, 17:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're talking about ffsdebugger, right?  That's one of the few Director's Cut mods I didn't use.  I left it out because I don't want the sim generator to be randomized - I've been using the fact that the sim generator creates the same face/personality combinations in the same order (from startup) to select the child I want from the first 5 or 6 possibilities for a given birth.
Dude. You need the debugger. It has shiny buttons. You don't have to press them all (like the randomize one), but it's so darned much fun to squelch superfluous memories and smite people.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 December 16, 17:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it's not automatic . . .  Embarrassed

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 December 17, 12:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it's not automatic; it's a tool, just like (Pescado is gonna kill me for saying this) SimBlender or Insimenator.

Also, the lot reset is not a Mac-only feature, it happens whenever a hack affects the game in low/base levels (IIRC globals and such); it should not occur, anyway, if your hack is an hacked object of this kind.

------
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: