More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 08:41:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Very strange error when loading house
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Very strange error when loading house  (Read 2728 times)
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Very strange error when loading house
« on: 2008 December 23, 00:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims is throwing constant errors anytime I try to open his house. The only way to stop the erroring (and exit the house) is to delete him. Now he is showing up as invisible in his preview box, and the deleting/save/exit/reload isn't fixing the error. I've moved him out of his house, bulldozed and moved him into a new one with no change.

Now, I admit I've been lax about backing up my game (as in, I haven't at all), and this is a rather important sim for my Legacy. What can I do to fix this?

Log attached. *edit: correct log attached now!*
« Last Edit: 2008 December 23, 01:32:42 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Very strange error when loading house
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 23, 00:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that sim a vampire/werewolf/plantman/etc. or has sunburn or frost?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 23, 00:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that sim a vampire/werewolf/plantman/etc. or has sunburn or frost?

No, that's the strange thing. He was totally normal, not even a tan. He'd only been in the house about half a day.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 23, 01:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, I admit I've been lax about backing up my game (as in, I haven't at all), and this is a rather important sim for my Legacy. What can I do to fix this?
This looks like a case of Tight Pants, as this error cannot occur under the normal code. And what exactly *IS* your avatar supposed to be? Some kind of bizarre Rorshach blob?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 23, 01:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like a case of Tight Pants, as this error cannot occur under the normal code. And what exactly *IS* your avatar supposed to be? Some kind of bizarre Rorshach blob?

Looks like I'm in for some binary searching. Weird, I haven't added anything lately, and he's the only file affected. And my avatar is Helba from the .hack// video game series; you can see the full image here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: