More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:48:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  WTH?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WTH?  (Read 2187 times)
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
WTH?
« on: 2007 April 14, 21:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I go into a house I usually play on my rotation, and the teenaged daughter is transparent.  I do a force error and she disappears from the game (ie her pic in the panel is gone).  So I move the family out and back in.  She's gone!  Yet she shows up in the family portrait on loading...but I can't move her to Uni!  Is she a lost cause?  I don't know WTH happened to her and I'm not sure what I would've done!  :S

Edit:  I check the family tree and she shows up as dead. Wha!?

Edit 2:  now I'm checking to see if she's ressurectable.  If she did happen to die, why on Earth did the game not flag it with "Your Sim has died on another lot" instead of freaking me out with her appearing as a ghost?   Roll Eyes

Edit 3:  I"m such a dumbass.  She got eaten by her friend's grandfather's cowplant!   Cheesy  It still doesn't explain this phenomena though.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 14, 22:01:22 by Chee-Z » Logged

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: WTH?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 14, 22:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a similar thing when I gave a sim the death token via debug menu: the next time I loaded its lot, it appearerd ghostly but apparently behaving like a normal sim, and disappeared after a while.
The same happened when (in base game) Don Lotario died while visiting Caliente's lot: when I load Don's lot, he was there, transparent. He chatted a bit on the computer then disappeared, this time with the message.

Maybe a random glitch.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: