More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 13:50:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bad Kids? Bad People?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bad Kids? Bad People?  (Read 20026 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Bad Kids? Bad People?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 December 29, 18:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful!

Your test is certainly conclusive enough for me, especially as it's as expected at that point (I did understand the faces were all there in simPE :) and although I think it's a shame (more fun the other way) am very glad for a pretty much definitive answer. I'll probably still waste my time growing them up well (and reading to them) but at least I'll know I'm doing it because I'm just that way :)

I'm glad you'll get some more use from them (that sounds like a fun challenge) and hope they distracted a bit from the couch and accompanying production ;)

Unsouper
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 December 29, 22:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ignorantbliss: right, but obviously it didn't make sense to me. I didn't mean to offend. But I stand by my belief that the prima guide is a useless piece of flaming something- i figured the data could be read/interpreted different ways

anyway, now we know. I think it must have been the camera angles or something that changed between the old version of the game and the new. Perhaps a change to the default facial templates?

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 December 30, 00:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, the default templates didn't change one whit, nor did the blending programming (without cheats turning it off); I still end up with sim kids just as horrifying as before if I'm not careful about who I mate or if I'm not careful with how I put together features when making sims. Again, I think people are seeing identicalness in sims where it didn't actually exist, because the parents either didn't have extreme enough features to lend or the children all got the same extreme features, and the less extreme differences simply do not show up until a child is older. Also, sometimes folks just aren't good at seeing subtle differences in faces. I've noticed a distinct difference in how much difference someone with no art training whatsoever notices compared to someone with a bit of it (and I'm not necessarily talking formal training, just 'looking at people and trying to draw them' training).

Blahblahblah, it's 2 in the morning and I should be in bed. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: