More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:20:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What is the best way of making a Clone Family?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What is the best way of making a Clone Family?  (Read 2848 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
What is the best way of making a Clone Family?
« on: 2006 May 31, 00:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I want to make a family that are all clones of the same sim. I already have one, but that family has 6 clones of the same adult sim. This time, I want to have an adult, a teenager and a child, all with identical genetics, and marked as sisters in the game.

What's the best way of doing this, considering that Create-A-Sim won't let you make children without parents? I was going to make the initial adult sim in BodyShop, because that gives more options. But how can I make her sisters? I'm worried about simply making 3 copies of the adult sim in C-A-S, then aging some of them down in the game - won't that lead to children having LTW wonkinesses?  Huh

Anyone know?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: What is the best way of making a Clone Family?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 31, 00:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would make the child normally in CAS (forgetting about cloning), then after creating the family save the nhood and quit.
Then replace the child DNA and facial structure with that of the adult using SimPE.

Same should work for the teen, although there you don't need to fear for LTW issues.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 31, 01:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Create the clones as two teens and a child, with a dummy Sim as parent to all of them, and then kill off the parent (or whatever other solution appeals to you) and age one of the teens to adult?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 31, 02:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just use Inge's shrub to make the adult into a townie!  Also, if you make the family as an adult, a teen and a child, then before you actually move them from the Family Bin into a house, close your game and use SimPE just to change the relationships between them from parent/child to siblings, I don't think you'd encounter a problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 31, 02:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Create them all as adults and then use the aging cheat (or a hack) to age down two of them. You'll need to age them down to toddlers and then let them age up. That avoids problems.

Fail.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 01, 00:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Create them all as adults and then use the aging cheat (or a hack) to age down two of them. You'll need to age them down to toddlers and then let them age up. That avoids problems.

Are we sure that definitely avoids the "dangling SWAF" issue, though? That's the one I'm afraid of.

I've only seen it in conjunction with deleteallcharacters, but then again, Pescado only named it on May 12th, so maybe we don't know everything about it yet...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 01, 00:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see how you could get any dangling SWAFs if you use my method. 

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 01, 02:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we sure that definitely avoids the "dangling SWAF" issue, though? That's the one I'm afraid of.

I've only seen it in conjunction with deleteallcharacters, but then again, Pescado only named it on May 12th, so maybe we don't know everything about it yet...

I've made families this way before, and I usually check the neighborhood file for any weirdness, but no, I don't know for sure that all problems are avoided.

However, this would not be a "dangling" SWAF problem, would it? That one's related to sims inheriting SWAFs that don't belong to them. The sims (in this case, just the child) would have its own SWAF entry.

Having toddlers or children get LTWs or weird (age inappropriate) wants might be a dangling SWAF problem, but having a child or toddler with an LTW due to de-aging would most likely not be the same type of problem. Not necessarily harmless though....

Someone should do some experimenting and find out for sure.

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: