More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 03:57:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims stuck on 'Have Birthday'
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims stuck on 'Have Birthday'  (Read 6044 times)
valfreyja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims stuck on 'Have Birthday'
« on: 2010 November 08, 07:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few days ago, after patching and installing a few hacked store sets, my sims started having issues with aging. It typically happened when aging up a YAdult or Adult, but has happened before with younger sims.

Basically, the sim gets stuck on the 'Have Birthday' action, and if not for resetsim, would remain clapping and shouting for the remainder of the game. Sometimes, the sim will quickly change clothes, but will stay the same age, and remain stuck having their birthday. After resetting the sim and trying 'Trigger Age Progression', it will become stuck again. If I only reset the sim and put it to bed, the following night the process will begin again. Once, a sim progressed in age but this was not reflected in his age bar (it showed him with '0 Days' until becoming an elder, though he had already become one). In that case, each night the process repeated.

I initially started having problems after a particularly intense session of triggering age progression (I decided I needed less sims on my lot, so I rapidly aged two toddlers to death), but it seems unlikely that that could cause this sort of glitch. I am on a mac running the base game, WA, and Ambitions, and am fully patched. I have a lot of hacked store sets, but no mods.

What could be the problem?
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Sims stuck on 'Have Birthday'
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 08, 20:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mod conflict is usually a safe bet. Or more likely, just an outdated one since you mentioned you patched the game. Make sure all your mods are compatible with the latest patch, or go through them one at a time until you find the one causing the problem.
invisiblgirl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 26, 16:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mod conflict is usually a safe bet. Or more likely, just an outdated one since you mentioned you patched the game. Make sure all your mods are compatible with the latest patch, or go through them one at a time until you find the one causing the problem.

I had the same problem with a toddler, and I haven't done any borking around with ages.  I tried to age her with the birthday cake, and she got stuck in 'have birthday'.  I eventually had to reset her, and although her picture showed a child, she remained a toddler.  She finally aged on her own the next day (she should have aged on the day I tried to age her).

All I've got is Awesomemod, a hack that stops Sims from making those annoying choking sounds when they eat and a bunch of clothes, hairs and furniture.  I just installed WA, Ambitions and LN and my game is fully patched, caches cleared, new town (Riverview) started after installing the EPs.  I aged the same Sim to teenage with the birthday cake, and had no problems.  Something is up - it sort of reminded me of the Sims2 problem wherein a baby wouldn't age if anything happened during the aging process.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 26, 18:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I've got is Awesomemod, a hack that stops Sims from making those annoying choking sounds when they eat and a bunch of clothes, hairs and furniture.  I just installed WA, Ambitions and LN and my game is fully patched, caches cleared, new town (Riverview) started after installing the EPs.  I aged the same Sim to teenage with the birthday cake, and had no problems.  Something is up - it sort of reminded me of the Sims2 problem wherein a baby wouldn't age if anything happened during the aging process.

There's a clue floating around in here if you look hard enough for it.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: