More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:28:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 123765 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #150 on: 2007 February 06, 06:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By replacing the exe with the older (cracked) version, you're essentially rolling back part of the patch. You are now running an unholy hybrid.

Awesome!  Tongue I wonder if I should stop that.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 February 06, 16:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shit patched up.
I'm scared of what would come out as

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 February 06, 17:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Growing up did nothing to improve the borked face.

Elder sister Sienna holding Cassie as a toddler.

And now, Cassie after she spun into childhood.

As this now appears to be a genetic defect, I wonder if it can be passed on should Cassie have kids. 
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 February 06, 18:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as she's old enough to use the plastic surgery machine, do so! 

Then run her through SimPE to copy the modified face to her inheritable genetics.

You don't want those genes reproduced!
Qosmic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 February 06, 21:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use Sim Surgery right away instead. That's what I'd do. Maybe export her older sister, tweak her features a bit in BS or CAS to not have an identical sim, and then use her as an archetype.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 February 06, 21:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsurgery doesn't work for actually changing sims at last check. For some arcane reason it possesses only the capability to copy one sim that is ALREADY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD onto another similar sim. This is rather useless, since copying a sim in such a manner thus requires you to CREATE AN UNWANTED TEMPLATE SIM, which means fun-with-deleting-crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Qosmic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 February 06, 22:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I thought it was safe to delete sims from the Sim Bin if they hadn't interacted with anyone or been put on a lot? Without any extra deleting of memories etc.

Anyway, another alternative would be to use the older sister as the archetype directly, and just modify the dominant face parts perhaps.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 February 06, 22:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wrong NPC hair is not limited to maids: I also get it on my papergirls/boys. But not all NPCs are affected, police and gardeners appear fine.
Still no problems seen on Sim aging (I've had a baby - toddler- child and a child - teen transition thus far).
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 February 06, 22:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a child at my school with naturally red hair and naturally black eyebrows.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 February 06, 23:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I thought it was safe to delete sims from the Sim Bin if they hadn't interacted with anyone or been put on a lot? Without any extra deleting of memories etc.

Anyway, another alternative would be to use the older sister as the archetype directly, and just modify the dominant face parts perhaps.
Wrong. Deleting sims from the sim bin does not fully remove them. You should instead delete them with the deleter tool from the Lot Debugger and cleanup in SimPE.

SimPE's simsurgery cannot import a modified face in any form. You would have to manually extract a LXNR and import it over the one in your sim file.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2007 February 06, 23:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had a jump bug explosion since installing the patch, or am I just extraordinarily lucky?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Qosmic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 February 07, 01:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wrong. Deleting sims from the sim bin does not fully remove them. You should instead delete them with the deleter tool from the Lot Debugger and cleanup in SimPE.

SimPE's simsurgery cannot import a modified face in any form. You would have to manually extract a LXNR and import it over the one in your sim file.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by simsurgery not being able to import a modified face. I also don't know what LXNR is, but what I meant was using the existing older sister (as she is) as the archetype, transfer her looks onto her sibling (when they're of the same age), and possibly edit the dominant facial features in the Sim DNA afterwards. But sure, plastic surgery would probably be simpler (including modified genetics) than this method.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007 February 07, 02:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in my game any sim that looked as scary as Cassie, would die  Wink

The wrong NPC hair is not limited to maids: I also get it on my papergirls/boys. But not all NPCs are affected, police and gardeners appear fine.
Still no problems seen on Sim aging (I've had a baby - toddler- child and a child - teen transition thus far).

I noticed the night before last that I have a Maxis/ea female vampire (the Contessa or whatever she is called) that has blond eyebrows and brown hair. I haven't noticed any other hair problems yet but I also haven't been able to play much.

Has anyone else had a jump bug explosion since installing the patch, or am I just extraordinarily lucky?

I have had 1 jump since patching pets, female sim was playing the piano and husband walked over (not sure what he was going to do) and suddenly she was standing next to him. The same sim had used the same piano before with no problem (after patch) but the husband wasn't in the room so I figured it was caused by whatever he was going to do or a hack. I wish I had remembered to turn testingcheats on before playing that Lot.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 February 07, 02:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I'm glad I haven't bothered patching yet.  Tongue

LadyLiberty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 February 07, 03:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That poor, poor child. 

I am with you, dizzy...  all the way.

I may be wishfully thinking, but perhaps EA will catch these things with whatever patch goodies go into Seasons.  Was it just me or did it seem like GLS cleaned things up and made them run nicely?  I find myself wishing whoever was in charge of that would have been put on this project.

*glad she listened to Pescado*
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 February 07, 05:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played only Cassie's lot since "patching."  Naturally I made a backup of my game folder before installing the patch.  If I remove my current game folder and replace it with my backup, will this effectively remove the patch?

Am guessing it won't, so perhaps Cassie is destined to be the old maid of Pleasantview, surrounded by lots of cats.

Presuming she lives that long.   Undecided

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 February 07, 09:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Growing up did nothing to improve the borked face.

As this now appears to be a genetic defect, I wonder if it can be passed on should Cassie have kids. 

mmmm ... it looks like her cheekbones are falling out of her face.

Inteen for AL, yay!
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 February 07, 09:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

crapcrapcrap... is it possible to, um, un-patch my game? Or would I have to reinstall?

One of my legacy heirs married and had kids with a redheaded maid... I don't want to suddanly have blond hair mucking up my photos >.< I havn't gone in game since I patched I think

INFP or something
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 February 07, 09:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the issue was with NPC outfits...? So if the maid's no longer wearing her NPC outfit, she should have the correct hair, I think. One of my sims moved in and married Lucy Hanby; she still has her red hair. (The blonde maid who replaced her, however, has suddenly become a brunette. Roll Eyes )
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 February 07, 10:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't uninstall the patch. And replacing the game folder won't do it either. You'll have to uninstall/reinstall Pets. Which I finally did last night so that I at least have the option of taking out my phonehack without breaking all my phones.  Roll Eyes

I need to play some more in other lots, though. I did age 2 babies up to be mildly ugly toddlers, but I can't tell if that was just coincidence or not since they were the first kids born to their parents. The one did improve when he aged to child, the other is still a toddler. I HAVE gotten kids who look like that in the game, or at least in CAS. I usually only play CAS sims and test out in CAS that I can get children from them that aren't malformed like that, otherwise they're not allowed to breed or I adjust their features.  Cheesy But this time I just made Hilary Duff a brunette in CAS and then married her to Malcolm Landgraab.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 February 07, 10:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the issue was with NPC outfits...? So if the maid's no longer wearing her NPC outfit, she should have the correct hair, I think. One of my sims moved in and married Lucy Hanby; she still has her red hair. (The blonde maid who replaced her, however, has suddenly become a brunette. Roll Eyes )
In my experience this is correct. The NPC outfits are messed up, no doubt due to some improper merger of Seasons hair+outfit code.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007 February 07, 10:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I made her change clothes ever.. but, ok, so putting her in some decent CC would fix it, or prevent it, or whatever? Got it.

INFP or something
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 February 07, 11:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Borked Cassie is not worth reinstalling the game, plus I'm curious to see if her, ah, delicate cheekbones will continue into her teen years. 

If so, a cowplant is in her future.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 February 07, 11:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed Pets yet much less the patch and I have had some rather unusual looking toddlers.   They don't always grow out of it as children but usually do by adulthood.  The worst I had was the boy with two faces.  Like Janus he had an extra face on the back of his head.  And also an extra eye in each temple.  Really weird.  But that one did grow out of it as a child. (I'd post a pic but can't figure out how to do it.) The ones with weird cheekbones usually take longer. 

Also  with one of my neighborhoods shortly after installing Uni/NL or possibly one of their patches,  all the born-in-game sims in the neighborhood had their DNA reset as if they were CAS sims.  Both dominant and recessive traits were the same.  It was a b**** to fix but I did have a hard copy of all of them so I was able to fix it with Simpe.  And it was only one neighborhood that was affected.  The hood was only in second gen at that time.  Now it's in fifth and has over 400 characters.  NO npcs or townies.   Sure would hate for that to happen again. 

Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 February 07, 12:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed Pets yet much less the patch and I have had some rather unusual looking toddlers.   They don't always grow out of it as children but usually do by adulthood.  The worst I had was the boy with two faces.  Like Janus he had an extra face on the back of his head.  And also an extra eye in each temple.  Really weird.  But that one did grow out of it as a child. (I'd post a pic but can't figure out how to do it.)

I think if that happened in my game I would probably scream and cry irl. That is terrifying!

Thanks for the advice on the patch and Seasons, and thanks to everyone who's posted their horror stories, for you have saved my sims' future children from an ugly (literally!) fate Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: