More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 16:43:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lot Debugger Expansion Request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Debugger Expansion Request  (Read 3864 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Lot Debugger Expansion Request
« on: 2008 April 09, 23:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are only three school related events that I think deserve a memory that proliferates through an entire family: go to college, graduate from college, and leave college (either by dropping out or expulsion). IMHO, everything else is just spam for anyone but the person involved.

Pescado, would you please consider expanding the "Clear trash" function to wipe grade memories, or--even better--prevent their generation in the first place? Also, that fake "Went to college" memory with no resolution as to what happened is as annoying as the mystery sim nonsense.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Re: Lot Debugger Expansion Request
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 12, 17:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't anyone else bugged by Dean's List spam? It's no different than the A+ nonsense. I just opened a family after playing Uni for a couple of semesters. My sim has 6 Dean's List memories about nephews she barely knows. Illogical.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 12, 18:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To tell you the truth, I haven't noticed all the spam, but I haven't really looked at the memories.

Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 12, 19:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done big families in a while, so no. If it does extend to mephews, though, eep, get rid of it. My family of 10 children is about to hit college.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 12, 19:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use memories as bookmarks, to determine duration of play (I rotate through my playable households) which wants are apt to trigger next, and so forth. The spam annoys me a lot. I was so grateful when the A+ spam was eliminated. Perhaps I'm spoiled and being petulant, but it frustrates me to see it back just because the sprogs went to uni.

Charamei, if you plan to rampage and send your 10 children to take finals, you can count on EVERY member of the extended family down to the least cousin being given 80--repeat: EIGHTY--Dean's List memories...

Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 12, 19:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Charamei, if you plan to rampage and send your 10 children to take finals, you can count on EVERY member of the extended family down to the least cousin being given 80--repeat: EIGHTY--Dean's List memories...
Oh, jolly good. At the moment it's only those two generations, but I'm so happy to know I have this to look forward to... my heir is family, too Roll Eyes

Kill it, kill it now. With fire or without, I don't mind.

Also, 'mephews'? I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniuet, you know!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 13, 03:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC there used to be a hack in the Director's Cut to prevent dean's list memory spam.  I'd like to see it back.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 13, 06:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC there used to be a hack in the Director's Cut to prevent dean's list memory spam.  I'd like to see it back.

Yes, it was called nodeanspam and is still available in OFB directory. I took it out before installing Pets. I'd like to know if it's safe to use in later EPs.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: