More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 15:02:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vampire Stalk
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampire Stalk  (Read 5318 times)
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Vampire Stalk
« on: 2008 November 10, 01:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, is there a hack somewhere that makes the vampswalk like normal sims or is the stalk hard coded in? I had one of my sims marry one of the grand vamps and then had him cured, but he still stalks like he did before. If possible, I'd like to get rid of the stalking too. Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Vampire Stalk
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 10, 01:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stalk Here is a manual thing. The arm-in-front-of-face thing is seperate and is part of the vampire idles.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 10, 03:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's what I was referring to was the arm in front of the face. Actually it hides their snarl. I had my cured vamp carry the baby once to her crib and since he was carrying her in his arm that he normally puts in front of his face, you could see his snarl. Anyway, is that hard coded in or can it be blocked or taken away (the arm in front of the face and the snarl?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 10, 06:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the case of the grand vampire it's probably related to the NPC flag not getting re-set, just like the problems that arise when marrying the streaker or cow mascot.

While no longer a vampire, he is still doing his old job as a Grand Vampire.
I just hope he doesn't go around autonomously biting people too.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 10, 13:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe stripping NPC code will work on Grand Vampires too.

Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 10, 21:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lord Darcy! I'll look into both ways to totally curing him of the vamp walk.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 11, 02:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of liked it as a characterization point. Like, he can't get rid of the old habits even though he's cured now.

... but, I'm kind of worried about it breaking the game, too.
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 11, 17:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm trying it on one of my throw away hoods first and see how that goes. If it works and my game doesn't explode, then I'll do it on the hood that I normally play. I already found out that the simpler method of aging him down and then back up doesn't work.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 11, 22:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let us know if it works, it's interesting, because grand vampires are not strictly NPCs (family 0x7FFF) but "special townies": they have special code embedded, but they're  tossed in Downtownies family, so they could have different behavior. Same thing happens with Divas and Slobs in Downtown.

In case it shouldn''t work, you could also try to deactivate the "CT - Signature Behavior" BHAV in character file. As an example, the first instruction in my Contessa sim is "Expression (My attribute 0x001A ("Signature Behavior - Loops Until") -- and > Literal 0xFFFF)"; if true, returns False, and if false will follow the next instruction (0x000F), and so on. If you change the "false" target from 0x000F to "Return True" it should stop the tree without errors, and without calling other BHAVs like stalk, bleh, bite, etc.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 13, 02:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I looked at his character file in simpe (the guy in my throwaway hood) and found out that he doesn't have BHAV files. He is a cured vamp and he only has BCON files. The only thing different is that this hood and character were generated by the Any Game Starter. I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not. I just looked at my cured vamp in my good hood and stranagely enough he has both BCON files AND BHAV files! What can I do from there? Do I delete all of the values in the BCON files? I'm in totally new territory here, lol.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 13, 02:11:02 by Sonshine » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 13, 13:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, I have no idea what you're looking at or what you've done. If I were you, I'd just start mashing buttons. Do a compare/contrast/make conform.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: