More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 23:09:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ghosts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 6932 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Ghosts
« on: 2005 September 30, 05:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way (or hack) to get rid of ghosts?  I don't want to delete the tombstones just turn off the annoying ghosts.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 30, 05:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree Shadow. I would like something like that too. I have no idea if there is one but I also wouldn't be surprised if there was one.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 30, 06:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs has a mod for this on http://www.variousimmers.net.  You can have them scaring only Knowledge Sims or not scaring at all.  As far as I know, it's been updated for Nightlife.  There's also JM's mod on here to stop them going in specific rooms.  It's called Ghostbuster or something.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 30, 11:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, the website says its not up at the moment, I keep getting PAge Not Found.

But I sure hope it works, cause after moving a house, my ghosts are so royally pissed off, they have been trying to kill the rest of the family. Apparently I forgot to bring the treasured items, such as the bed, the chessboard and his favorite chair along. Dang, I should have known I had to stuff the entire house into the inventory, shadow bug or not.

Any ideas as to what can be done to placate a pissed off ghost, other than deporting him to a public graveyard, or stuffing his gravestone back into an inventory?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 30, 13:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have forgotten which part of the string stored in "token - I am dead" in their memories corresponds to some identifier for their favourite object, so if you work out which part of it this is and change it to 0000 they won't care about the object anymore... I think that twojeffs posted this at variousimmers quite a while ago (possibly in the thread about his ghost hack) so you could look there when the site starts working again for more details about this.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 30, 14:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone just discovered that putting a bed into an inventory causes the ghost to think you deleted it.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 30, 14:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you just put the tombstones back in the inventory?
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 01, 00:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes. And as long as my sims keep the stones there, the ghosts seems to take a vacation.... Sadly, they dont like that forced time off, and are royally po'ed when they get back among the "living" to haunt the sh*t outta them.... Guess if you cant beat them, make them join you is the goal here...

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 01, 01:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other reliable solution I have found is to build a "tomb".

create a foundation, delete the center, build some walls around the remaining foundation, decorate it etc, place tombstones inside pit (moveobjects required). The ghosts dont seem to traverse up and out of the foundation to haunt without stairs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 01, 05:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's basically the "mausoleum" approach. Combine with the Ghostbuster, which zaps a ghost back to its tombstone, and if you place all the urns in the mausoleum, it becomes a very nice ghost trap.

Ideal areas to place a ghostbuster are in bedrooms, since a ghost often beelines for its former bed, so if a zapper is placed there, the ghost will be zapped the moment it stops moving.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 01, 11:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Dr B the ghostbuster hack isn't ready for NL gameplay yet, yes?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 01, 15:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah yes the beloved ghostbuster mod made it so I no longer had to build the mausoleums at all, retextured with a nice image it made a lovely addition to any room I wanted haunt free. (Which was most of them) Yet still allowed the ghost to be accessible to knowledge sims.

I suppose you could also make a basement without stairs and then you wouldn't have to use a moveobjects cheat at all. I haven't tried this yet, but I think it should theoretically work. Dig down in your basement with three connecting stairs, flatten the area, at this point it is the correct height to add walls (if you want) and you can even move the ghost's favorite items down there to keep them "happy" or any other objects you don't want cluttering up the main house.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 02, 00:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess the mausoleum approach is the one i should use, considering that the ghosts are angry because I moved to a new house, and did not bring all their wonderfull things, I only brough the career rewards, and the paintings. The rest I figured I could replace, but the ghosts disagree.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 02, 01:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got sick of my ghosts, so I threw their stones into my sim's inventory and placed them in the cemetery downtown. Cool

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 02, 03:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying the mausoleum approach first.  I like the tombstones for a cemetary look but the ghosts were driving me crazy. Thanks, all.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 02, 03:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the BBS someone suggested a brilliant idea, which I tried with success: dig a hole, and in the middle of it make an island (raise land). Then fill the hole with water. Put all your tombs on the island, and the ghosts won't be able to pass the water. I did it only once, until Uni was issued, and then I resurrected all my dead ones.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: