More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:39:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what is really up with this bug issue?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what is really up with this bug issue?  (Read 7436 times)
Arika
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
So what is really up with this bug issue?
« on: 2005 September 27, 01:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I wonder if anything was fixed with Nightlife? Doesnt seem like it did. It actually added more bugs. Was it worth getting? Was University even worth getting? I have no idea on what to think cuz i dont have it. Im not sure but I got a feeling that the University patch wont really fix nothing. Huh
« Last Edit: 2005 September 27, 01:57:19 by MortimorG » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: So what is really up with this bug issue?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 27, 02:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bugs are mainly because they haven't had *time* to test/debug the code. The code itself has been highly modified and improved. It's not just bugs they've been working on, but some of the basic coding. Nightlife is a dramatic step forward and a huge potential iimprovement. IMHO, it will very much be worth the expense once they release the patch for it and get all the critical stuff working right.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 27, 02:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I have to say I've had fairly minimal bug encounters with it so far and what there was wasn't anything showstopping.

I find having to put up with certain poorly designed "features" like the phone without the phonehack far more irritating than any bugs I've encountered thus far.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 27, 05:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely think Nightlife was worth getting. I'm having a lot of fun with it, so far. And I just got my first flaming bag of poo! Yay!
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 27, 14:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was definately worth getting. It adds all sorts of new dimensions, and I'm even enjoying the cars I didn't want Wink Taking your Sims to actually *do* stuff at community lots is great fun. Before NL my Simmies only went to the community lot when they needed clothes or gagets. Now they go out and meet new people, and the dating is great fun. The biggest problem I've had was not being able to move a Uni student in with my graduated Sim.  Undecided I had to use the Tombstone of L and D to move him in.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
nothingbutsims
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 27, 17:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a lot of familes with children and I have noticed something, a fix maybe?  Used to drive me nuts before NL - whenever babies transitioned into toddlers, the parent would pick them up, put them down, again and again, until the parent was exhausted and the baby fell asleep, thus missing his/her birthday.  Now with NL, parent picks up baby, tosses and presto, instant toddler -  there's no more messing around.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 27, 17:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any age transitions since NL, but it would be great if that were fixed. The baby to toddler transitions were exhausting.
I love the fact that my sims can now go to a nice restaurant and order filet mignon. All my pre-NL community lot fancy restaurants required you grill your own hotdogs. Takes away from the mood, a bit. Especially when every other sim on the lot would come and help himself to a hotdog, as well.
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 29, 00:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think university was worth getting. Nightlife is great though, you get all the useful things from university - which I consider to be limited to lifetime wants and two story columns - without having a university that adds a long and pointless lifetime stage which is pretty much compulsory for teenagers due to the wants and fears being hijacked by college related stuff. I only removed university yesterday but it is going to take some pretty huge reason to get me to install it again.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 29, 01:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only removed university yesterday but it is going to take some pretty huge reason to get me to install it again.

Well.....how about because you can now steal all the career rewards from the Secret Society mansion?
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 29, 01:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually the career rewards that my sims earn stay in the catalog because most of them aren't really worth having. I was thinking more along the lines of the updated phone hack not being usable or something like that -- if there were a situation similar to how the updated noretirementjobspam hack doesn't work although as J.M. posted at variousimmers a while ago when someone asked if it could work without university, he said there were new functions or whatever they are included with university that allow something like this to work that weren't available in the original game, those functions probably are available in Nightlife anyway but it still doesn't work for some reason. However I think I can endure without these, as long as notownieregen works I am not all that concerned about anything else.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 29, 01:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well.....how about because you can now steal all the career rewards from the Secret Society mansion?

LOL I never thought about that, but I suppose you can do that. I'd imagine you can take everything that isn't nailed down from the dorms too. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 29, 02:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a cheat you can use to get all of the career rewards anyway  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 29, 06:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a lot of familes with children and I have noticed something, a fix maybe?  Used to drive me nuts before NL - whenever babies transitioned into toddlers, the parent would pick them up, put them down, again and again, until the parent was exhausted and the baby fell asleep, thus missing his/her birthday.  Now with NL, parent picks up baby, tosses and presto, instant toddler -  there's no more messing around.

(And here I was going to go to bed!)  Nope--that is still there, and actually I don't believe it's a glitch.  I noticed months back that when the transition doesn't follow through and I force it with the birthday cake the newly-turned toddler has at least one need that's near critical.  Most of the time it's an energy deficiency.  If the baby's had a bottle, fresh diaper and a nap the age transition goes smoothly.  If not, watch out--you're in for a rough ride.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 29, 17:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(And here I was going to go to bed!) Nope--that is still there, and actually I don't believe it's a glitch. I noticed months back that when the transition doesn't follow through and I force it with the birthday cake the newly-turned toddler has at least one need that's near critical. Most of the time it's an energy deficiency. If the baby's had a bottle, fresh diaper and a nap the age transition goes smoothly. If not, watch out--you're in for a rough ride.

I was so hoping this wouldn't be an issue in NL anymore, I haven't got it yet. I usually throw birthday parties, and when the parent put the baby on the floor and the guests continue to cheer and cheer for another sim hour and still nothing happened, I used testingcheats to force an error on the 'stuck' baby, the parent (or whoever the game picked) was then able to 'Help with birthday'. I've done this twice, hope there won't be repercussions down the road...
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 29, 18:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did notice an improvement with the baby/toddler transition. I noticed a teen (a romance one) standing next to the crib - which is usually the bad sign that I'm about to play "let the whole household swarm the crib and repeatedly pick-up the baby". I starting queuing up some interactions for another sim and noticed that the teen took the baby to the fridge, feed the baby a bottle and IMMEDIATELY threw the baby in the air for the age transition.  I noticed in another house that a father bathed the baby and then immediately threw the baby up for age transition.

Before, it seemed like when there was a need problem you had to guess what was holding up the transition (feed, bathe, change diaper) or try to force it with the birthday cake.  It *appears* that now the teen/adult/elder will autonomously take whatever action is needed in order to get the age transition to happen.

.......or I've just had real good luck with my two transitions.  Undecided
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 30, 22:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely think Nightlife was worth getting. I'm having a lot of fun with it, so far. And I just got my first flaming bag of poo! Yay!

Yay! - My husband's late Uncle, said they did this as kids a long time ago.  They called them 'Meadow Muffins' and would put them in a paper bag on someone's front porch, knock on the door and run off into the bushes to watch the fun.  If they really didn't like someone they would set them ablaze on the front walk.

I am so glad you said that about NL.  I bought it the day after it came out and have been hesitant about installing it and debating on whether to uninstall Uni.  I have been reading about problems with Uni not working after NL was installed.  I have several teens I need to move from campus, if that's the case.  I guess I will just take a test drive and hope I don't lose anything.  I have several babies on the way and I'd like to get them at least to toddlers before things get hinky.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 30, 22:52:39 by Bane~Child » Logged

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: