More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 04:22:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Go to finals broken
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Go to finals broken  (Read 3682 times)
asoivel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Go to finals broken
« on: 2008 December 29, 14:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi

Go to finals errors in my Greek houses and drops out of queue. I don't get the pop up message  that finals will start in one hour either; this is exactly when the error occurs. I do get the finals in 5 hours pop up fine, however. I can still send students to go to their finals manually.

This was tested in a completely awesome game with hacks from this site as only custom content. I have not tested this in dorms or uni residential lots, just Greek houses. I'm running all EPs and most SPs including M&G.

I hope this can be fixed. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 30, 00:26:51 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Go to finals broken
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 29, 14:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the error I was getting with a previous version of the apthack. The current version works for me, though.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
asoivel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 29, 14:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have the current version, dated 20th Dec 2008 23:20:34.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 29, 14:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem.  Pescado "fixed" it about three times before I took the hack out while playing uni lots.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 29, 16:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirm still having issue with latest version. Errors at the hour reminder. In the case of multiple students in the same major (but with finals at different points), resetting of course pulls the sim currently at their class/final back to the lot. Obviously bad... Charles was an hour into his when an error on Sara caused him to be pulled back to the lot.

Happening for me on dorm lots. I don't have other lot types in play.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 29, 17:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also having the exact same problem with the apthack mod too, and the current version was dated the 20th of December.

When the YAs were supposed to go to their finals, one of them threw an error similar to the error log attached to the thread. If I direct them to go to their finals (2 hours before the exams), they will go to their finals. But an hour before their exams, the affected YAs popped back onto the lot. I had to send them off to their finals again. That was when the error log was generated.

I dug deeper into the mod to see what was going on and saw one node (Node 29) in the Sub - Process BHAV missing an argument (with empty operands). I assumed this was when the YAs were supposed to be sent to their finals. There were two other errors contained in the log, but I am guessing that those two errors stemmed from that particular node in that BHAV. This is just what I am guessing.

The workaround is to direct them to go to their finals until we're told what to resolve.

And my YAs were going to their classes and finals from a normal residential lot in the normal hood.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 29, 18:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that.  'Sub - Go to class' doesn't require operands.
The error in the log above is happening at node 11 of 'go to class'
It needs "Local 0  := Stack Ob" prior to node 11.  There's a route through where it it's uninitialised.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 30, 00:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: