More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 02:47:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mannequin Skin problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mannequin Skin problems  (Read 5652 times)
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Mannequin Skin problems
« on: 2006 December 08, 03:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have a problem with my mannequins.  In bodyshop or in CAS or in the Wardrobe (basically whenever it shows skins) some of them are banded in black.  I tried pulling out all my CC clothing and it seems to have fixed some of it, but it's still showing up.  It's even showing up on Maxis clothing that came with the game.
Example 1:

Eample 2:

Help please?

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Mannequin Skin problems
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 08, 05:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could you accidentally have 2 default skins replacements in your downloads folder?

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 08, 07:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw someone with a similar problem once, but they had been doing things they didn't really understand in Datgen.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 08, 09:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you might be suffering from a variation of the "black silhouetted sim" problem. That problem has been linked to skintones (including both default replacements and custom ones) and CLOTHING. Incorrectly made clothing is the more usual culprit when an entire sim turns completely black, usually with all the manequins in the clothing catalog turning black as well. I haven't actually seen this problem looking exactly like the screenshots you have posted, but it seems similar. Yours is kind of odd... looks like it's molting or something. Anyway, try removing all skintones and clothing and see if the manequins are fixed, then add the stuff back a little at a time.

You might want to read this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=158419

Fail.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 08, 12:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds similar but it's showing up even with maxis clothing, how can that be?  I did use Sim PE to fix some catagories on clothing, to make some of the clothing marked everyday/formal just formal, but none of that clothing is in my game at the moment.  I pulled it all out. 

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 08, 14:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up with some blacked out teen male clothings, turned out that removing the default replacemnts I had for some male everyday outfits (t-shirts/jeans/sandels so they had sneakers instead and tighter t-shirts) fixed that problem.

I currently have some screwed up Uni EA clothes for young adults, both male and female. About 10 male everyday outfits have become a suit and for females about 12 everyday outfits have become that red shirt/short pants outfit, as if those young adult Uni EA meshs have gone missing. Adult clothes from Uni are fine. I double-checked them in Bodyshop after I removed all my CC, no change.

I'm not even sure when it happened, it's been awhile since I looked that far back in the clothes section for young adults but I think it most likely happened sometime after installing GL or Pets or HH.

I haven't rushed to reinstall but I plan to do it soon  Tongue
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 08, 14:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't be HH. Most likely Pets.

Pets did something screwy with clothes replacements. I have placed all mine in \Pets\TSData\Res\Overrides (I think that is the correct path) and that seems to have fixed it.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 08, 15:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe I have any replacement things.  I'll check, but if I don't, the recommendation is pull everything and reinstall?

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 08, 15:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pull everything and try the game.  If that's normal, put them back bit by bit.

If you do feel compelled to reinstall, drag out your Downloads, Neighborhoods, Collections, etc.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 08, 16:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd try deleteing the cigen.package and maybe groups.cache and the CASthumbnails.package (in the thunbnails folder)

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 08, 16:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TY Sleepy trying that now. Cheesy  Miros, appreciate the advice on uninstalling and reinstalling. Smiley

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 08, 17:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, pulled all clothing from the downloads.  Yep, it's something in there.  Back to shoving in individual folders....

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 08, 22:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you didn't have to reinstall!
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 09, 04:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found about five clothing files that were broken. Cheesy  Looking at the rest.... *sigh

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 10, 07:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad your problem is caused by custom content and you didn't have to reinstall.

I did more checking in Bodyshop (again with CC removed) and discovered almost all of my EA Uni young adult clothes were screwed up with missing meshs, not just the everyday stuff  *sigh*  strange, Uni itself worked fine.

So I backed up all my stuff and uninstalled (did a disk clean and defrag) and then reinstalled. Took 2 hours just to get everything reinstalled and my stuff back in but my EA Uni young adult stuff is now fine.

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 14, 18:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh!  So sorry Sleepycat!  Glad it turned out well for you.

*Edited to add:  I ended up throwing out all my formal stuff.  Tongue  Had to go and redownload.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: