More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 14:27:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help, fight constantly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help, fight constantly  (Read 33699 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Help, fight constantly
« Reply #50 on: 2007 October 19, 18:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

19,000 download files is a lot to run through SimPe to check for corrupted files or duplicate GUIDs, but if your PC can handle it and you can face the time it will take, it's one way of sorting out the nasties.  Clean Installer will find duplicate files for you (shown in pink) but not duplicate GUIDs, however probably worth doing first.  It will also show up, in red, a lot of hacked files (some of which may have been downloaded with lots) and this might prove illuminating.

Speaking of animations, I don't remember seeing the check-my-underarrms one lately.  Did that go away during one of the EPs or do I just not have the right kind of sims?

I still see Libras in particular doing the underarm thing.

Oh, and it's enemiesaccumulate that affects relationship points.

Zephyr Zodiac
perfectlyflirty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 October 19, 18:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a link to a video I have uploaded to my server so you can sort of see what I am talking about,

www.enchantedpixie.com/sims/test.html

Now this is a couple I have been playing for a long time, normally they are very much in love, whenever one walks into the room where the other is, the start fanning themselve and little hearts start floating around thier heads, they also had a relationship score of 100/100. When making this video, I entered the lot, then before they could have any autonomous interaction, I gave the command to make out, which you see in the beginning of the video, then when they are done, they just start fighting, there was no provoking, annoying or anything, just fists flying. Any ideas...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 October 19, 19:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's definitely wierd.  Have you tried deleting groups.cache?  It sometimes fixes things when the game generates a new one.

Do that first, if it doesn't work, exit your game and try removing ALL your downloads to see whether the behaviour continues with no cc at all.(Leave your clothing and hair etc files in for the moment, as I can't see that it would be any of those causing the problem).  If it does, then replace it one folder at a time until the behaviour appears again.  You don't need to save your game when you exit, and while you are low on downloads, loading time will be faster. 

Now, if you put in a folder and the behaviours starts again, remove that folder and put in another of similar size.  If the behaviour still continues, then it's an overstuffed downloads folder that's causing the problem.  If the behaviour doesn't continue, then you've isolated ONE of the offending folders.  Check that folder for anything that might be duplicated elsewhere if you haven't done so already, also check that folder in Simpe for corrupted files etc.  If you still can't find the offender, then put half that folder back to see if the problem is in that half.  If it isn't, put back half the remainder (but put it in another folder for now) and if you still haven't found the offender, just keep doing more of the same.  And what's the betting if there is an offender, it's the very last one left on your desktop!

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 October 19, 19:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what's the betting if there is an offender, it's the very last one left on your desktop!

4-1 odds on and no takers?  Grin

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 October 19, 19:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can't go against Sod's Law! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 October 19, 23:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you SHOULD get The Fight Club.

This may sound odd coming from me but The Fight Club makes fighting take too damn long. I've had some FC fights that took hours, and that just seems a bit unreasonable to me.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 October 19, 23:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim hours, or you and me hours?  Guess Lilith and Angela will keep missing the school bus!

Zephyr Zodiac
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 October 19, 23:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One time, I had a brand new neighborhood, and the very first day of playing it, two townies got into a FC fight at about 2pm that lasted till well past 6pm. Not hours for you or me, but definitely hours for them.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 October 19, 23:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, if it's townies you could just zap them!  Or smite them!

Zephyr Zodiac
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 October 19, 23:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that sort of situation, I always Force Error on the offending parties and make a note to delete the hack that causes it.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 October 19, 23:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, have you many hacks left?

Zephyr Zodiac
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 October 19, 23:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* dizzy counts...

Of Pescado's I have 166. Of my own creation, I have about 70 or so. About 30 are of TJ's creation. Maybe about 50 or so others.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 October 19, 23:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously it's the others (non awesome) that are the ones that get deleted!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 October 20, 05:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra usually asks for it!  Even Beau, when she was married to him, beat her to a pulp when she kissed Daniel!
BV has reversed the tide on Don Lothario jilting Cassandra at the altar though,Cassandra and Don are married in my game; but not before Cassandra initially jilted Don at the altar!It took literally 6 sim hours of macro-socializing to drag them back to the altar and  finally get married just ahead of the birth of their only child Denise. Cassandra has shown no wants for children in my game despite the fact she is  a family sim Huh Don of course really doesnt care one way or the other if he has kids or not,although he is by far a better parent than Cassandra!

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 October 20, 06:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how Cass got pregnant at that stage - she's never been pregnant when you first open the Goth house before!  BTW, Don and Nina are a marriage made in heaven - they even find time to clean up after the Critturs - and teach them stuff!  Cassandra takes all day humming and hawing to do a quarter of what Nina can achieve in ten sim minutes!  Plus Don and Nina can have 3 bolts with a bit of tweaking!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 October 20, 06:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would never punish Nina by making her marry Don. I had her buy a nice house once she could afford it, and moved the Broke family in with her.

As for Cassandra, she's a creepy weirdo and I married her to Remington, but now I think he's much too good for her.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 October 20, 07:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, they worked really well as a couple - and their house had the cleanest windows in Pleasantview!

As for Cassandra, I twice banished her to the cottage in the woods (once after she cheated on Beau - I'd played the Brokes for quite a while before I played the Goths and Beau was an adult when they met - and once after she cheated on a CAS sim I'd married her to in another install - he was after the family money, and he got it all!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 October 20, 17:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how Cass got pregnant at that stage - she's never been pregnant when you first open the Goth house before!  BTW, Don and Nina are a marriage made in heaven - they even find time to clean up after the Critturs - and teach them stuff!  Cassandra takes all day humming and hawing to do a quarter of what Nina can achieve in ten sim minutes!  Plus Don and Nina can have 3 bolts with a bit of tweaking!
she wasn't pregnant  whe I opened the original Goth lot,I moved the Goth's to a new house Cassandra got pregnant through risky woohoo on a dream date with Don earlier.I like Don and Cassandra's genetics better than Nina's combined with Don.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 October 20, 18:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they had a beautiful pair of twins when they were married in my game.  Unfortunately, that game is history so I don't have pics.

If you moved the Goths out, you can't blame EAxis if the wedding went wrong!  That coding would only apply at the very beginning - I think the game rather expects you to play the Goths first, before you have time to improve their relationship scores.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 October 20, 18:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they had a beautiful pair of twins when they were married in my game.  Unfortunately, that game is history so I don't have pics.

If you moved the Goths out, you can't blame EAxis if the wedding went wrong!  That coding would only apply at the very beginning - I think the game rather expects you to play the Goths first, before you have time to improve their relationship scores.
Actually I rather liked the change! It was boring  seeing Don Jilt Cassandra at the altar .
This  time Don was jilted it was fun to see Grin macro socializing did the trick and out side of Don having the memory of being left at the altar the first time, they are now married and Don is quite happy with his baby daughter whereas Cassandra is decidedly indifferent towards her infant and is not getting the want for more babies.Mortimer is a doting grandpa and is making an effort to befriend Don.Also even though Cassandra did the proposing this time aroung and it is the Goth lot they all live in the game changed Cassandra's last name to Lothario

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2007 October 20, 18:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also even though Cassandra did the proposing this time aroung and it is the Goth lot they all live in the game changed Cassandra's last name to Lothario
That sounds like you have Pescado's marriage-traditional fix in, Bangel. The wife always takes the husband's name with it installed.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 October 20, 18:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure it would be that, Emma.  EAxis wouldn't "fix" a "feature" which might then offend a lot of feminists.....

And although the proposer may get the option to propose before they reach a maximum 100/100 and crush+love, it's the proposee that you need to check first, and if they aren't living on the lot, you really need to make them selectable if you aren't absolutely sure the relationship hasn't decayed.  I've had it happen when the proposer throws a wedding party, inviting the intended spouse plus guests, but by the time he/she gets the intended to the wedding arch, the intended is no longer keen on the idea of marriage and throws a wobbly.  Usually, though, it's possible to remedy that with a quick make-out or two!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 October 20, 20:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may sound odd coming from me but The Fight Club makes fighting take too damn long. I've had some FC fights that took hours, and that just seems a bit unreasonable to me.
I think this is an effect of having two completely inept losers fighting, where neither one can gain the advantage needed to win, so it goes back and forth. Since neither combatant is capable of achieving the necessary advantage to defeat his opponent, like in real life, it becomes a battle of attrition, where the combatants fight until one of them is too exhausted to move.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 October 20, 20:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make sense if they were both Body = 10 (for endurance), but I really don't see two Body = 2 sims fighting for more than 2 minutes.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 October 20, 21:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I don't know, I've had a few instances of dormies fighting the cow mascot for much more than a couple of sim hours, and the dormie didn't usually have much in the way of any skills at all.  (Just didn't like being pranked and annoyed!)  And this is without the mod installed.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: