More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 19:33:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sweet heavens, leave the beds alone!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sweet heavens, leave the beds alone!  (Read 3313 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Sweet heavens, leave the beds alone!
« on: 2007 March 09, 23:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry
Ever since I installed Seasons, my sims compulsively try to make the beds.  This has not been the case for the longest time, but suddenly, the moment you leave them alone, they immediately head for any beds that are unmade.  I use the Programmable Sleep Clock, so the sims who try to make someone else's bed end up being kicked out only to return to the same room to try again.  It's an evil and endless cycle.

Now, to my question.
Since this never used to happen, I'm wondering if perhaps there used to be a hack that prevented this before Seasons.  I'm guessing, if that's the case, that it came from this site since I rarely use any hacks besides the ones from here.
I searched around for "ocd", "ocd beds" "ocd making beds" "making beds" (you get the idea Wink) and nothing relevant came up.
Would someone be kind enough to offer some advice as to why my sims are becoming more mentally unstable than they ever were before Seasons?

Thanks to anyone who's willing to save my sims from severe and harsh punishment. Smiley
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Sweet heavens, leave the beds alone!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 09, 23:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

abortbedmaking is the hack you are looking for.    It's included in the Directors Cut for Seasons.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/seasons/moreawesomethanyou.zip
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 09, 23:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I have that hack, and I thought all it did was allow you to be able to stop it in the queue.  I just checked and the hack is in my game, so I don't know if that's it.  I have newly downloaded all of the hacks I use so everything is up to date as well.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 09, 23:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That one just makes the action cancellable. I don't think anyone made a mod to fully disable the autonomous action.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 10, 05:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try APO anti-autonomy bedroom locking. Slap a panel outside the barracks hall and set it for no autonomy. Sims should stop even trying to ENTER the bedroom autonomously, which is a good thing. Combine with Sleep Clock to tell them WHEN they should actually sleep.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 10, 23:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, APO it is.  I am just baffled as to why these sims are so obsessed now...I don't remember it being this bad before, but it's probably because I usually micro-manage things to the point where the sims have something in their queue at all times. I have a bunch of college kids in one dorm and I've been slacking in my God position lately. That and the fact that they're in a dorm using the sleepclock, which will not allow them to finish the job, so they are constantly trying over and over, whereas before, they sneaky buggers probably made the beds without me ever noticing it. Smiley
APO to the rescue!
Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: