More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 11:28:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Make My Ghosts STFU?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make My Ghosts STFU?  (Read 3467 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Make My Ghosts STFU?
« on: 2008 March 16, 05:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know how it goes - I moved my Legacy family to a new home to try and sort out the wedding party error problem and now the ghosts are pissed because they no longer recognize their beloved bed. I searched and came up with a few existing threads on the topic but the only thing I found was changing something in SimPE, yet it didn't say what that something was. I did find some useful info on how to prevent the constant whinging in future generations but is there anything I can do to shut up the ghosts I already have? Would sending them off to a community lot and moving them back home (and presumably resetting their ghost types with the debugger) make them stop?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Make My Ghosts STFU?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 16, 05:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There may be a shift-click option on the tombstone for it, something about "set family". Failing that, there's always the Ghostbuster.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 16, 06:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't so much mind the ghosts being out and doing what ghosts do as I do the incessant screeching and flapping of the arms. The two ghosts who are affected don't ever actually enter the house and disrupt their descendants, they just mosey around the yard and be mad about their bed every few minutes. I  just checked the lot debugger with one of them and I didn't see a set family type of option. I guess I could move the two of them to a mausoleum with a ghostbuster so the other ghosts can come and play without being disrupted, but I was hoping I could just flip a switch of some kind and make the two be quiet.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 16, 12:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs has a Ghosthack that does what I think you want doing - In this thread.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 16, 12:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  just checked the lot debugger with one of them and I didn't see a set family type of option. I guess I could move the two of them to a mausoleum with a ghostbuster so the other ghosts can come and play without being disrupted, but I was hoping I could just flip a switch of some kind and make the two be quiet.
Click on the tombstone?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 16, 17:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*slaps self in the forehead* Click the tooooombstone... reading comprehension ftw. I gave that a try and they're still pissed off. I'll give TJ's hack a shot or if that doesn't fix them I might just rez the bastards and kill them again. Cheers for the suggestions!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 16, 17:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does respawning their tombstones with the Lot Debugger work better?

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 20, 20:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does respawning their tombstones with the Lot Debugger work better?

I've had some varied results doing this. I managed to piss off another two ghosts before I replaced the tombstones - one was hit by a satellite on a dorm lot and brought home by his sister and the other I thought was attached to a different bed so I replaced the one she used. Anyway, I respawned those two tombstones plus the two original pissed off ghosts that I was asking about in the first place. The two original ghosts have yet to make another appearance and nearly a week has gone by in the household so I don't know how to interpret their absence. Their character data still looks fine in SimPE and they still show up on the phone to be rezzed, so maybe they are taking a break from haunting or something. OTOH, the other two have come back out almost every night. I did have to reset their ghost colors on the tombstones because they were both acting like they starved to death (I thought this was an option on the debugger but I couldn't find it in either menu). The one hit by the satellite is still angry about his bed back in the dorm being gone, but the other went to a different bedroom in the house and cheered for the bed in there. Now she's a happy ghost again, so at least I got 1 out of 2 fixed.

ETA: The original two are back on the prowl again and are still pissed about their bed being gone. The one ghost who is happy now is the only one who had slept in several beds in the house so I guess she just reverted to a previous bed to cheer.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 20, 21:51:29 by gynarchy » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: