More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 05:37:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim can't reach the beach...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim can't reach the beach...  (Read 16800 times)
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Sim can't reach the beach...
« on: 2007 October 04, 20:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I originally posted this in the sandcastle hack thread, but thought I'd also put it here.

I have a house with 3 adults, 1 child.  Everyone can get to the beach except Dad.  He was a werewolf, and I thought he might have something stupid like hydrophobia, so I cured him of lycanthropy.  Nope.  I tried leveling the bumps to the beach.  No.  I tried forcing an error on him.  Not that, either.  Everyone else has no problems at all.

It may be significant that he is the only one that learned how to teleport while he was on his honeymoon.  *shrugs*  I feel kinda bad for him.  He used to swim and beach comb a lot.  The icon comes up, and he sometimes can walk a bit, then it seems like a fence is blocking him.  I've tried manually routing him, but that doesn't work.

UPDATE:  I tried nuking and fixing every damn thing on the lot via the lot debugger.  No go.  I also noticed that he wiggles a bit as he reaches his "limit"  (about where the grass lawn begins turning into sand).  Then the icon disappears and he turns to go do something else.
Frick
Asinine Airhead

Eh, Steve!!

View Profile
Re: Sim can't reach the beach...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 04, 22:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you need the Fixx to let them Reach the Beach?

http://tinyurl.com/2wmdgc

I'm sorry.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 04, 22:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it strange that it affects only one sim. Have you tried the 'moveobjects on, delete sim, save, quit' routine? I wouldn't do it on a vacation lot, because I don't know much about BV yet, so I wouldn't know if that worked on a vacation home.

SimPe is still not updated, so you can't even go into it to peek at the poor sim-fellows data.

If all else fails, and no one else has any idea you can always buy a beach lot. At least the poor simmie-guy will be able to do beach things.

I wish I could be of more help, Numaari.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 05, 02:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For reference, there are several other posts here from some of us having the same issue. So far, it's only with sims that learned to teleport. I had the same thing with my founder. She was fine until she hit elder, but then all the sudden she could barely get anywhere...I had to teleport her from the 1st story to the basement, yard to beach, and she ended up losing her job due to the fact that she kept missing the carpool...couldn't get to it unless I remembered to teleport her out.

And yeah, nothing fixes it. Debugger...nah. Stuck object remover placed virtually everywhere...nah. Manualnavigation...nah.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 05, 04:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the information Zazazu. And here I was, getting a trifle cranky because my simmies couldn't find the Ninja and wanted to learn teleportation. I guess I was just lucky.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 05, 04:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He can't reach the beach? What happens if you tell him to go there manually with "Go Here"? What does Macrotastics do when told to perform the seashell dig?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 05, 04:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I tell him manually to "go", he reaches a certain point, where the sandy beach meets the grass (in his backyard, he has a beach lot) and he stops, jitters a bit, gets a routing thought bubble (Can't get there, moronic goddess person!) and goes to do something else.  I can teleport him to the beach and tell him to dig or build or sunbathe  or whatever, but he can't get back up to the house, and he can't go into the water.

I have only a few hacks, and only a few are unawesome.  I had the new insim, but took it out.

I have tried unflagging his teleport token and taking his memory in my QA version of SimPE, but that didn't work.

Macrotastics comes up in his queue, he stops, jitters, and it disappears.

For the record, I have all the EP's and the GL, FF, and Celebrations SP's.

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 05, 05:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted this in the other thread as well:
I'm not necessarily convinced it's the teleport-memory that's causing this.  I have one teen (in a family of 4 teens and 2 adults) who never seems able to get up and down the slope of a maxis house.  He has no teleport ability or memory.  I'll look at him further and report back if anyone seems interested.

numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 05, 05:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I went through my downloads folder with a fine-toothed comb.  The awesome hacks I just install all at once, but I have BaseGame+NL installed in my slower computer and one of my other hacks was the NL-only version from my other setup.  How did that get in there?

So I downloaded the newest version of the hack and Werewolf Dad loped out of the back door, galumphed down the sand, and stepped daintily into the water for a swim.

I am still mystified why it was only that ONE sim, and not anyone else in the neighborhood.  But I seem to be back on track.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 05, 06:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 05, 07:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I downloaded the newest version of the hack and Werewolf Dad loped out of the back door, galumphed down the sand, and stepped daintily into the water for a swim.
Which hack? I could've sworn I tested this with an empty folder, but I'm known to hallucinate. I don't have anyone with routing issues right now, but don't want it to recurr.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 05, 08:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My college student ran (hehe) into this problem last night at the Potter Bungalows beach destination.  He just suddenly lost the ability to walk up and down the tiniest of slopes, but he seems okay now that he has graduated and lives in the main neighbourhood. *touch wood*

He also has the teleport ability. 
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 05, 08:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my current hood, all the sims that had learned to teleport had lost the ability to walk up or down slopes. So I have to teleport everywhere...
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 05, 11:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@zazazu - Believe it was Insim...  I was asleep last night while I was playtesting.  Undecided  Lately I've had to work long past the point at which I go to sleep.  Then I get home and I can't fall unconscious for at least an hour.  But my brain is 95% asleep.  It's kinda odd.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 05, 13:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@zazazu - Believe it was Insim...  I was asleep last night while I was playtesting.  Undecided  Lately I've had to work long past the point at which I go to sleep.  Then I get home and I can't fall unconscious for at least an hour.  But my brain is 95% asleep.  It's kinda odd.

Not particularly.  Old versions of Insim loaded in a BV game have a known tendency to disable, disallow, and other words beginning with "disa-" the beach related activities without generating error messages.

The new updated version of Insim does not seem (should I add "in my so far magically problem free game"?) to cause difficulties.

Tribulatio proxima est
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 05, 14:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not particularly.  Old versions of Insim loaded in a BV game have a known tendency to disable, disallow, and other words beginning with "disa-" the beach related activities without generating error messages.

The new updated version of Insim does not seem (should I add "in my so far magically problem free game"?) to cause difficulties.

*hee*  I meant that it was kinda odd that I can be asleep and still *do* stuff.  The fact that an outdated mod causes problems doesn't seem wierd to me at all.  Especially since BV seems to have changed a lot of stuff around.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 05, 18:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Ok. I don't kill small animals (although Insim seems fine, I'm just used to using all the ingame cheats). Other than Starrling, it still seems like a teleporting issue. Considering that my 'hood is starting to get poor (population explosion) and will be getting even worse in another generation, no one's going on vacation anytime soon.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 06, 13:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I stated in the other thread, I also have the "can't walk there" problem with the  only sim
I have that has learned to teleport. It is a teen. I do not have
insim. In her case, she cannot walk up the walkway to her house.
I haven't tried other slopes. Everyone else in her household is able
to walk up the walkway with no problems.

My current mods:

Director's Cut
ACR
Atavera's Floor Blanket
CrammyBoy's cock
LotFullOSims
TeleporterShrubPlus
QuaxiPetsCensor
OuterwearFix
ApologizedFix
GardenFitnessBodyAndFun
ZHotTubHack
FoodAlreadyAvailable
HaveChildNotAdopt
LowFoodWarning
VisitorSnackingFix
PregnancyForAllGenders

Just for comparison purposes.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 06, 15:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My current mods:

Director's Cut
ACR
Atavera's Floor Blanket
CrammyBoy's cock
LotFullOSims
TeleporterShrubPlus
QuaxiPetsCensor
OuterwearFix
ApologizedFix
GardenFitnessBodyAndFun
ZHotTubHack
FoodAlreadyAvailable
HaveChildNotAdopt
LowFoodWarning
VisitorSnackingFix
PregnancyForAllGenders

To make an obvious suggestion, my own approach would be to remove the hacks in bold type and retest.  Additionally, make sure you have the latest version of the hack in red.  You can add hacks back in gradually to narrow down whether one of these is apparently causing the problem.  While it looks like these hacks do not have anything directly to do with sims being able to walk places, there have been enough strange coincidences since BV, that any hack conflict is, in my opinion, suspect.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 06, 17:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, LotFullofSims isn't working with BV at all. Jordi's taken it down from MTS2 until he can redo it. I had to put my nearly-finished Ghetto Superstar challenge and my Free Love Cult houses on the back-burner until it's updated.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 06, 17:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a cheatcode you can enter that avoids the need for a hack to do it at all?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 06, 18:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a cheatcode you can enter that avoids the need for a hack to do it at all?

I always thought the "uintprop maxnumberofsims" (or whatever the correct syntax is) would deal with this, but my experience with the hack is nil - it may deal with other features as well.  Never wanted more than 8-10 sims on any of my lots.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 06, 23:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That only does visiting sims on community lots. And max invitees for parties. initprop...blah blah. That one's in my userstartup.cheat so that I can have 20 townies on community lots.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 December 12, 17:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to be nice, because I'm too tired to be mean:

Don't bump 2-month old threads. Scary lich guy's there for a reason. Especially to post a cheat that most everyone knows and which has been posted about recently in other threads.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 December 12, 18:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then if the cheat had not been posted elsewhere, NotMyUsername would have made a valuable contribution to the thread.  And I would have thought responding in a thread where the information was relevant to previous discussion was the best place for it.  I wouldn't like people discouraged from imparting potentially useful information by the need to read every other thread on the site to ensure it was not already stated elsewhere.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: