More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:03:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Do money sims ever get 'earn $100,000' want?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do money sims ever get 'earn $100,000' want?  (Read 13206 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Do money sims ever get 'earn $100,000' want?
« on: 2005 October 21, 18:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious here as I've yet to see this want pop up for any of my money sims.  Generally speaking they'll get the Earn $50,000 want but I was thinking they should be getting the $100,000 want too.  Of course I could be all whacky in this.  It's been known to happen before. Wink

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Do money sims ever get 'earn $100,000' want?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 21, 18:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only seen "earn $100,000" as a LTW, never as a regular want in the panel though.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 21, 19:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it used to appear before they came up with the idea of LTWs.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 21, 19:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okey-doke and thank you!  I was wondering if I had messed up my money sim's wants by pushing them into paintings too early in their lives and having them continually cycle the 'sell a masterpiece' and 'sell a great novel' wants.

Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 21, 20:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still see them:  100, 500, 1000, 1500, etc, 50k, 65k, 75k and then 100k.  I usually have a money tree around to feed their "make money" needs immediately and it gets replaced with the next money figure want.  Unless the sim is of the distracted sort who has other aspiration wants mixed in.  I once had a fortune sim who never wanted to paint masterpieces.  And then I had one who only had 2 creativity and was obsessed with painting a masterpiece.  I wonder how much "training" we do to their want system by directing them to do certain things a lot...
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 21, 20:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know we tend to train them, because when you fill certain kind of wants those are the wants that cycle over and over.  If you only fulfill a knowledge sim's wants for learning, that's all he or she ever wants to do.  Unfortunately as many money sims as I've played I've never managed to even see the earn $100,000 want once, and I was pretty sure it should spin up.

I'm thinking, as I said before, that in my effort to get them to actually earn $100,000 I have them sell too many paintings.  I'm wondering if I kept their creativity low and didn't fulfill the wants for selling masterpieces if that would keep it in check.  In reality they don't need to sell paintings and such to reach $100,000, they just need to get a good chance card.  Wink  I guess the only thing I know to do is try the next time the opportunity presents itself, which may not be for a while yet.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 21, 20:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still see them:  100, 500, 1000, 1500, etc, 50k, 65k, 75k and then 100k. 
What about the wants they get for more random numbers? I always see things like earn $2675, $8350, etc. I don't get what triggers those.

Anyway, I hate fortune sims so hard. So hard. Always wanting crap I would never normally buy in a million years. I would never make one intentionally, so I only get them if they marry into the family. They're lucky when I can get the talk, flirt, kiss/makeout, woohoo chain going with their spouse, cause I aint buying no "game costing at least $5000," or "living chair costing $500" for that matter.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 21, 21:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still see them:  100, 500, 1000, 1500, etc, 50k, 65k, 75k and then 100k. 
What about the wants they get for more random numbers? I always see things like earn $2675, $8350, etc. I don't get what triggers those.

Anyway, I hate fortune sims so hard. So hard. Always wanting crap I would never normally buy in a million years. I would never make one intentionally, so I only get them if they marry into the family. They're lucky when I can get the talk, flirt, kiss/makeout, woohoo chain going with their spouse, cause I aint buying no "game costing at least $5000," or "living chair costing $500" for that matter.

Never saw a Sim with other wants than round numbers like Muisie said.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 21, 21:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Earn 100K" LTW is there. I have four fortune sims wanting it and being the nice God that I am, I'm trying to get them there.  Roll Eyes

It seems like a very difficult LTW to achieve. I have one who's sucked down three tanks of Elixir and he's still only earned $50K thus far. It seems the "Business Tycoon" career just doesn't pay enough, however the University specific careers seem to pay out ridiculous amounts of cash.

Instant gratification takes too long.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 21, 21:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the Earn $100,000 LTW quite often, but have never seen the $50,000 one as an LTW.

Anyway, I hate fortune sims so hard. So hard. Always wanting crap I would never normally buy in a million years.

I see those random numbers occasionally too - I seem to remember them coming up when the sim got home from work and fulfilled another earn whatever want.

What I hate about the endless wanting to buy $5000 paintings etc is that there isn't enough variety - I don't want that damn painting in every house.  I also can't be bothered going on an expensive painting downloading binge just for fortune sims.

And oh, the stupid looking garden my fortune sims had before I figured out you could sell all those flower beds and trees they wanted after they set off for work and they wouldn't lose their good work performance rating.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 21, 21:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems the "Business Tycoon" career just doesn't pay enough, however the University specific careers seem to pay out ridiculous amounts of cash.

I so agree. Especially for the business tycoon level. I mean, do you really think pple like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet make a measly $2,000 a day? Heck no!

That's why I went ahead and overrode the Business career salaries to give a more "realistic" salary curve. W/ this, my fortune sims can achieve perma-plat in about 5 working days. And I so don't consider it cheating, b/c in real life, there are business tycoons who make WAY more. I only kept the salary at the level I did b/c I didn't want the game to be too easy.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 21, 21:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I hate about the endless wanting to buy $5000 paintings etc is that there isn't enough variety - I don't want that damn painting in every house.  I also can't be bothered going on an expensive painting downloading binge just for fortune sims.
With NL, they're always wanting "stereo costing at least $2,700" and "game costing at least $5,000", or more specifically the dj booth and the bowling alley. Both of those are 1.) too big and 2.) too obnoxious to have in the house.

Actually, if i have room to throw the dj booth somewhere out of reach for 24 hours and then sell it back, I do. Over and over. But the bowling alley is way too big to do that.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 21, 21:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Earn 100K" LTW is there. I have four fortune sims wanting it and being the nice God that I am, I'm trying to get them there.  Roll Eyes

It seems like a very difficult LTW to achieve. I have one who's sucked down three tanks of Elixir and he's still only earned $50K thus far. It seems the "Business Tycoon" career just doesn't pay enough, however the University specific careers seem to pay out ridiculous amounts of cash.

The way I have fulfilled this is to career hop. Have them work *every* day. With the promotion bonuses and certain high payout chance cards, you can do this before they reach elder. Even if you just switch between two careers, ie Business and Science, it can be done.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 21, 21:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With NL, they're always wanting "stereo costing at least $2,700" and "game costing at least $5,000", or more specifically the dj booth and the bowling alley. Both of those are 1.) too big and 2.) too obnoxious to have in the house.

My Pleasure Sim wants these things all the time plus the bubble blower, so I buy them and then stuff them into her inventory. That way the want it satisfied but I don't have to look at them or find a place in the house for them. An added benefit to the inventory is that the objects don't depreciate so you can sell them back without taking a financial hit.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 21, 21:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, if i have room to throw the dj booth somewhere out of reach for 24 hours and then sell it back, I do. Over and over. But the bowling alley is way too big to do that.

I do this with the musical instruments (although all sims want them, not just fortune) but then they cancel their whole queue when they get home to walk over to where it was, throw a tantrum and "miss object".  Roll Eyes

Putting them in the iventory is a great idea!
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 21, 21:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasure Sim wants these things all the time plus the bubble blower, so I buy them and then stuff them into her inventory. That way the want it satisfied but I don't have to look at them or find a place in the house for them. An added benefit to the inventory is that the objects don't depreciate so you can sell them back without taking a financial hit.
That never occured to me. Good idea.

I only ever had one pleasure sim, a former downtownie. I turned him into a grilled cheese sim because the bubble blower business was just dumb. Grilled cheese is fun.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 21, 22:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do this with the musical instruments (although all sims want them, not just fortune) but then they cancel their whole queue when they get home to walk over to where it was, throw a tantrum and "miss object".  Roll Eyes
I always thought the "miss this object" thing was funny. I hadn't seen it in months, then I saw it again a few times when I first got NL and was playing hack-free.

I was wondering if the nowhatsthis hack eliminates it because since I put that back, it's gone again.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 21, 22:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I have fulfilled this is to career hop. Have them work *every* day. With the promotion bonuses and certain high payout chance cards, you can do this before they reach elder. Even if you just switch between two careers, ie Business and Science, it can be done

I recently fullfilled it, I had a sim in the Criminal Career, he gets chance card, I answer right and get 50k then he gets promoted and the NEXT day he gets ANOTHER chance card and ANOTHER 50k. Talk about lucky.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 21, 22:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not talking about the $100,000 LTW, but the one that's supposed to show up in their regular wants, like 30 best friends for Popularity or maxxing all skills for Knowledge.  Shoot, I've only seen about a half-dozen LTWs so far. LOL

If you do buy your sim something and put it in their inventory they'll just roll the want to buy it again within a short time.  However, if you take it out of inventory and place it their wants will re-roll, so the inventory can be advantagous in that you may not get so many of the same 'buy' something want.  I've yet to give into my sim wanting a bowling alley.  Roll Eyes

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 22, 00:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm by far not the most skilled person with SimPE, but I only see earn 5k, 10k, 25k, and 50k as specific values. There are two more generic wants, one to "earn some cash" and the other is presumable what spurs the odd (8530 etc.) values. Maybe that second generic one can create a 100k want, I dunno.

nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 22, 04:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I saw one of my fortune sims roll the earn $100,000 want atleast once. Not the LTW one either.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 22, 06:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also can't be bothered going on an expensive painting downloading binge just for fortune sims.

Reflexsims.de has some amazing stuff and much of it will satisfy those bloody fortune sims. There's a nice urn-vase with dried twigs that nicely fills the $5,000 sculpture want.
I try not to fill too many of the wants for Finance Sims that involved large outlays of cash. You could buy them the bowling alley and place it on a flat roof, then delete it after 24 hours, but all that does is teach him that he will get it, over and over. If he can afford it, and you're willing, by all means. Or, buy it and leave it there forever, or you can ignore it altogether and focus on the few things you don't mind filling (socials, skills etc.) and he'll eventually stop asking.

I have one Fortune Sim (5 or 6 gen Legacy) who got 0 purchases despite millions of simoleans simply because there was no more room on the lot for more crap. He turned out to become very social and as an adult, basically all he wants to do is dance, flirt, makeout and woohoo his partner, who happens to always spin the randy knowledge wants. A match made in heaven if I do say so myself... heh heh

I also had one that I filled only the 'no price specified' wants for. A toilet, a fridge, a shower, a living chair, and he evetually ended up only spinning wants for 'things'.
I could satisfy him with a $50 lawn chair for 500 asp points, or a $5 flower bed and one of Inge's $1 shrubs, which he needs anyway (as all sims do) Smiley

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
scoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 22, 11:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a fortune sim who's ltw is earn 100,00 but as she was nearing that total she also had the power want of earn 100,000. She
was home on maternity leave from the natural scientist carrer and was paid and of course she reached both wants. However she never spun a new ltw.

Scoob
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 22, 16:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reflexsims.de has some amazing stuff and much of it will satisfy those bloody fortune sims.

I'll have to give that site a look-over.  I don't have much in the line of sculptures and it does get a little dull after a while decorating with the same things. Wink  Nice-looking site except for the 1024x768 forced resolution in frames.  Must be nice to have young eyes that can see stuff on a computer screen at that res without totally straining your eyeballs.  Cheesy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 22, 17:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a fortune sim who thank fully is spinning out career wants and has reached the top of two careers and is nearing the top of the third and is perma plat already and he still has 19 days before being an elder. I had him at max skills while he was a teen he had maxed all but charisma as a child. I didnt send him to Uni because at the time I didnt have uni I got Uni one day after he turned into an adult. He does have one daughter who is in the Uni Bin he had a one night stand with a maid and the result was a daughter . he long ago broke up with the maid. they never married but when the maid left she left behind their little newborn and my sim raised the baby with his brothers help who is a romance sim that has an alien son from an abduction and an adopted teen daughter. so far my sim hasnt spun $100,000 LTW thank god!

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: