More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 15:02:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Mystery Tiles
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mystery Tiles  (Read 6808 times)
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Mystery Tiles
« on: 2007 August 03, 04:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these tiles?

And how to put a floor tile here? I've tried deleting all the tiles and re-tiling but still no go.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Mystery Tiles
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 03, 04:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for the first one, you need to use the constrainFloorElevation cheat to flatten the floating tiles out (use the levelling tool and drag from some other tile on the same level to do that.  Just make sure to also flatten out anything above or below that gets distorted before you turn the cheat off again.)  Then you should be able to use the floor tool or the hammer to get rid of them.

The second one I'm not sure about.  Is there anything unusual above or below that tile on another floor?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 03, 05:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have a tile that won't fill, it usually means that there is something that is too tall underneath.  Temporarily move it --than place the tile-- than move it back.  It happens to me when I put stuff in the foundation then I try to change the flooring.  The second sitution I agree level it but you may also have to place another tile on top of the current tile first--you will also have to put a column temporarily underneath it to be able to delete it.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 03, 09:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell is  that in the second pic?

I get that it's a pool, but what's it got inside it?

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 03, 10:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tiles may also sometimes resist deletion if an invisible object happens to be on it. To remove the invisible object, nuke it with the stuck object remover.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 03, 14:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Is there anything unusual above or below that tile on another floor?

The level underneath is the same and also missing a tile in the same spot. I will post a screen...
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 03, 14:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell is  that in the second pic?

I get that it's a pool, but what's it got inside it?

Nothing "inside" the pool, what you are seeing is the level below. It's a bookcase and fish tank.
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 03, 16:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to get rid of the tiles on the front of the lot using the boolProp constrainFloorElevation false cheat, thank you AmberDiceless  Kiss

But I had no luck trying to place the missing tiles in the pool area using the stuck object remover.

This is the upper level

And this is the level below

« Last Edit: 2007 August 03, 22:01:09 by theherbalbody » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 03, 17:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I've never seen a pool on an upper level before -- that just looks weird with the sim's head above water and her feet hanging down into the room below. Cheesy

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 03, 22:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I've never seen a pool on an upper level before -- that just looks weird with the sim's head above water and her feet hanging down into the room below. Cheesy

I thought it was weird too, along with the fact that you can see straight through to the lower level (more amazing actually). The gardener also gets in and out of the pool to try and tend the the plants/bushes, she eventually gives up  Grin I'll be replacing them with some plastic ones.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 03, 22:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice decorating in the house though, it's the kind of look I often aim for but seldom achieve.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 04, 16:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice decorating in the house though, it's the kind of look I often aim for but seldom achieve.

I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't. A friend of mine re-furbished (from a downloaded lot) and re-decorated it. It's a 4 story apartment complex with a hair/nail salon/boutique on the 1st level, empty apartment on 2nd level, living/dining/kitchen on 3rd level, bedroom/study/pool on 4th level (penthouse). When I saw it I just had to have it, I guess I'll have to live with the missing tile.

On another note, I don't know if it's the house or related to OFB or some hack I have. Whenever I have my sim "be cashier" or "ring up customers", she will ring up one customer and then "jump" back from the register then proceed to do something else. By the time I get her back to the register, her customers are so furious that they thrown down their shopping bags and leave the store.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 04, 17:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jumping back is the sign of a reset, which is normally accompanied by an error log if you have debug mode on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 06, 06:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jumping back is the sign of a reset, which is normally accompanied by an error log if you have debug mode on.

I don't have debug mode on, but I have noticed that whenever I use mon or soff there are some errors listed. Was the reset something I inadvertently set in motion and if so, how do I turn it off?

Edited to add: I've searched the forum and found that several different types of actions or hacks could cause a reset, including a game bug. So, I'm not sure which is causing my problem. I have the Seasons patch installed.

My sims plumbob also flashes off and on, is this because of the reset issue also?
« Last Edit: 2007 August 06, 06:35:07 by theherbalbody » Logged
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 06, 11:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what Pes is trying to say is that you should play in debug mode, and then post the error log you get here, because without the error log, nobody has a chance to know what's wrong in your game.

theherbalbody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 06, 15:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error Log Attached

Edited to add: I've re-installed the game (once again) thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 27, 11:07:31 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 27, 11:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is the Infamous Trellis Error. The Trellis is Evil.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: