More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:42:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Blue Screen of Doom
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blue Screen of Doom  (Read 23045 times)
IcemanSimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Blue Screen of Doom
« Reply #50 on: 2007 October 28, 11:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the source of this information may be slightly dubious, what with all the know-nothing know-it-all 12 year olds who hang about there, but some folks on the BBS reckon that evil evil Securom 7 is the cause of the renewed BSOD problem.

LINK

Have a look at mone0615's comments.

I read that thread and agree with ReneeFox 100%. The problem is of EAxis's making.

I have an Nvidia 7900GT 256MB card which was purchased in July 2006. For a year, I suffered through the "Infinite Loop BSOD". The game would randomly crash. Sometimes just minutes after starting the game. But it was guarunteed to crash within 45 minutes. I just didn't know when.

In early July of this year, I saw posted on the front page of The Sims 2 home site that the 162.18 beta driver would solve this. Lo and behold, I was now able to play the game for hours and hours on end without a single problem Smiley Talking about being overjoyed. This all changed with the release of BV. The dreaded BSOD has reared its ugly head again. The strange thing is that the game would crash after exactly 45-60 minutes of gameplay (a couple of times sonner). Like clockwork. I just make sure I do a save game after every 10 minutes of gameplay so I don't lose much.

I have tried EVERY driver released by Nvidia since July and none of them worked. Here is the list:

162.18 Beta
162.18 WHQL
163.44 Beta
163.67 Beta
163.69 Beta
163.71 Beta
163.71 WHQL
163.75 Beta
169.01 Beta (came out a few days ago)

The logical conclusion is that the EAxis development team screwed up some of the DirectX code in BV. How can the game, which was working fine in Seasons + 162.18, suddenly get broken with the release of BV just 2 months later???

I have the base game + all EP's + all SP's which I paid alot of money for. The EAxis coders need to put down the crack pipe and fix this shit once and for all. One of the greatest games ever created is being ruined by inept coding Sad
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 October 28, 16:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Comes of employing ex-Toy Story people, stuff like that!  No doubt WW took all the best people with him!

Zephyr Zodiac
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

Vintage Sims: because technology ruined us

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 November 02, 01:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried using the XTreme-G drivers? I've been using the mobile version (GeForce GO 7900GS on my lappy) and the normals drivers (GeForce 7800GS on my media center pc) for a long time and haven't had a BSOD.

I tried this yesterday on my laptop, which has a Geforce 7400.  Now instead of the BSOD I got a D3DERR NOTAVAILABLE! error.

After some googling I learnt that this error usually means the driver isn't compatible with your hardware.  However I got it after 3 hours of gorgeous, smooth gameplay, so....

hm! I'm going to file the Xtreme-G drivers under the "improvement" category.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 November 06, 12:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still can't believe after all this time there still isn't a fix for this! I feel like going to EA HQ and punch some people.  Angry

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: