More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:20:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Help with Regedit Name Change Issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help with Regedit Name Change Issue  (Read 10942 times)
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
Help with Regedit Name Change Issue
« on: 2007 June 25, 01:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm having that issue where all the Sims' names are changed in-game for some damn whatever reason.  I read that I can fix this through editing my registry.  I followed these instructions here, but when I get to The Sims 2 folder I don't see any Language entry to right-click on.

Please tell me why I'm retarded and how to un-retard myself.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Help with Regedit Name Change Issue
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 26, 10:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there isn't any entry, you may have to create it manually, or you can apply the awesome regedit fix: http://moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/engrish.zip
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 26, 15:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may know why you are retarded, but then I may be retarded myself. Don't clicky on "Sims2". Clicky on the + sign next to "Sims2".

Also, make sure you are editing the last registry. If it's an expansion or stuff pack that screwed your language settings, you want that, not the base folder.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 26, 22:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These solutions do not appear to have fixed the problem.  Or should I not expect my Sims' names to just revert back once the patch is applied?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 26, 22:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you save when the wrong names were in place? Then they won't revert.

You should never save the game if anything is wrong. Immediately exit and fix.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 27, 01:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These solutions do not appear to have fixed the problem.  Or should I not expect my Sims' names to just revert back once the patch is applied?
Plum, I used that fix too and it did absolutely nothing for my problem caused by the European version of H&M. Far as I know, it only fixes the registry for Family Fun Stuff. If that's not the expansion that's causing you issues, that won't do it.

Which EP/SP did you install that switched things for you? Go to Run...then put in "regedit" and hit "Run". The path you need to follow is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>EA Games>The Sims 2 "insert EP/SP that's borking here". Make sure you are hitting the plus sign to expand.
Click on the Sims 2 "blah" folder and a list will pop up to the right.
Wrong-click on "Language". Choose "Modify". Change the value data to "English US" (just type it in). Hit "OK".
Wrong-click on "Locale". Choose "Modify". Change the value data to "en_us" . OK
Now, when you expanded the Sims 2 "blah" file, a subfolder called "1.0" should have popped up. Click on that.
Wrong-click on "Language". Choose "Modify". Change the value data to 1. OK
Wrong-click on "Language Name". Choose "Modify". Change the value data to "English US". OK.
X out, no more 24-hour crap, old names back.

As for it fixing names, fixing the language did fix names for me, and I had saved several times.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 27, 07:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did save when their names were borked, but it wasn't a lot that had any Sims on it; I was building a community lot at the time, and didn't notice until I played a residential lot a couple of days later.  In SimPE's SimBrowser they all have their proper names.  I can't edit anything in SimPE though because it's not compatible with H&M yet.

Part of the problem is that I don't know what pack did it.  I installed all of the Stuff Packs at once (excluding Glamor).  But if the patch doesn't apply to H&M, that may be it.

However, none of the folders have a "Language" entry.  I've checked the folders for the game and every expansion, and there's a sub-folder in each called "ergc" with an entry just named "(Default) that doesn't appear to have any language-like values.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 27, 08:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use this registry file to switch the english locale:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1681295#post1681295

12hr: En-US
24hr: En-UK.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 27, 17:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the Seasons SimPE to edit sims/stuff in my hood and I have all the EPs & SPs, including H&M, it works fine  Grin 

of course you should always backup your hood before doing anything in SimPE  Wink
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 29, 10:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I edited using Seasons SimPE and my game wouldn't load after that.  I just got a blank error message.  Had to revert to my backup.

I'll try that patch when I get up in the morning, Jordi.  Thanks.  Smiley

Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 29, 22:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The addition of that last patch suggested fixed the problem.  THANK YOU!

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 09, 11:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

noob here.

i am not awesome and i don't want to break my game.

after i installed seasons, a number of my sims had had their names changed, and i would like to change the names back if possible.

i have read various threads on the topic and heard all about how the version is wrong for the region and so on. i live in south africa and bought the EP at a large chain store. yes, i now have a 24 hour clock in my game and am happy with it, quite frankly i am delighted.

i would like to know which patch exactly, as there are 3 mods on the page referred to, and all seem to be about clocks.

does the mod change the renaming problem? or is that something that is likely to happen only once?

i apologise for all these questions, but my servos' names have all changed and i am going nuts trying to tell them apart (they now all have random townie names like Amar Raha, Chris Hurt and Beth Wilkie.)

More F than you
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 12, 14:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

quote author=tngr_spacecadet link=topic=8850.msg246088#msg246088 date=1183980842]
noob here.

i am not awesome and i don't want to break my game.

after i installed seasons, a number of my sims had had their names changed, and i would like to change the names back if possible.

i have read various threads on the topic and heard all about how the version is wrong for the region and so on. i live in south africa and bought the EP at a large chain store. yes, i now have a 24 hour clock in my game and am happy with it, quite frankly i am delighted.

i would like to know which patch exactly, as there are 3 mods on the page referred to, and all seem to be about clocks.

does the mod change the renaming problem? or is that something that is likely to happen only once?

i apologise for all these questions, but my servos' names have all changed and i am going nuts trying to tell them apart (they now all have random townie names like Amar Raha, Chris Hurt and Beth Wilkie.)

[/quote]

Smiley If you're referring to the different files in Pilot's thread then it's as simple as this , if you don't have any of the Stuff packs that came out after Seasons then use Pilot's Seasons version at the very beginning of the thread . If you have Celebrations then use that version that is later on in the thread and if you have H&M Stuff then use the version that is even later still in the thread specifically for that :)Then use whichever one of the two inclusive files you need ( 12 hour or 24 hour mod )  Smiley
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 16, 15:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK thanks, I did as suggested. Are there any suggestions as to how to change the names back? They show up correctly in SimPE but not in-game. I used the tombstone of L&D to change some first names back. I thought of putting in the full names as the "first name" so at least I know who they are, but this does not work with longer names.

More F than you
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 17, 02:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download the lot debugger in the Firing Range section of this site, and make sure you read up on it -- the rtfm file.  There is an option to change the first name, and then change the first name again in a way that makes the previous choice the new last name.  It's explained better in the lot debugger thread.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 17, 13:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks. the lot debugger thread doesn't really explain how to do it, so i have posted my question over there. all others with the same problem, follow me  Wink

More F than you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: