More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:24:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Stupid Sims, Locked Doors, and Macrotastics/BYU
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid Sims, Locked Doors, and Macrotastics/BYU  (Read 2643 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Stupid Sims, Locked Doors, and Macrotastics/BYU
« on: 2007 May 21, 11:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I've used Macrotastics and BYU since they were first released. Suddenly I am having all sorts of minor irritations.

Male sims waiting outside the ladies room door to shower .... Sims wasting good cap thinkage standing outside a locked Myne door to use a mirror for charismamating when they have a perfectly good mirror in their own room. I recently had four sims all waiting outside different terlets (equipped with M/F doors and BYUs set to default).

Am I expecting too much, or am I doing it wrong? (The only possible, non-MATY, cause of errors -- which would not affect the Myne door macrotastics cock-ups anyway -- are some custom terlet doors, which I am now about to remove permanently ... cos they are borked anyway and I have never used them since first trying them weeks ago ... just too idle to pull 'em out.)

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Stupid Sims, Locked Doors, and Macrotastics/BYU
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 21, 11:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BUY autodetection of gender doors on anything other than community lots does not work, in my experience. You still have to set them to reject male or reject female.

And even on comm lots it doesn't always work.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 21, 12:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks for that, Jordi. I tried setting rejection, but this made it worse, because the doors wouldn't let the wrong genders through so they could be rejected. I had to enabled dormspecific tools so I could replace the gender doors with plain ones. Stupid Maxis!

As for the macrotastics ... back to the drawing board, for me, to retune my dorm design.

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 21, 13:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male sims waiting outside the ladies room door to shower .... Sims wasting good cap thinkage standing outside a locked Myne door to use a mirror for charismamating when they have a perfectly good mirror in their own room.
Do not place the skilling objects behind locked doors. Sims will go for the nearest unoccupied object, and trying to identify which ones are are actually accessible based on arbitrary and perverse combinations of door locking is massively expensive, as I would literally have to create a room-by-room search tree to make sure there's a clear path and even then it wouldn't be perfect. Just don't do that. Either make sure that there's ALWAYS a superior charisma option than mirrors, or stop locking them up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 21, 13:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bardus mea.

me shit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: