More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:43:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NL reinstall of backup neighborhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NL reinstall of backup neighborhood  (Read 4581 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
NL reinstall of backup neighborhood
« on: 2005 September 25, 21:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made backups of my two favorite neighborhoods before getting NL.  I used Sim PE to do the backups.  I installed NL clean.  I added back in the hacks that were said to be okay by their creators (mainly twojeffs and FFS).  I then copy-pasted my neighborhood from the simPE backup into the neighborhood folder and nothing showed up.  Okay.  I exited and tried overwriting the character, lots, storytelling and thumbnails plus the package files and whatnot from the main N001 folder.  Okay.  Now everything appears to be there, but I have no nightlife interactions available to these people.

What am I doing wrong?  How can I get back my old neighborhood sims and their homes and their memories but still have the NL interactions and new stuff available to them?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: NL reinstall of backup neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 25, 21:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made backups of my two favorite neighborhoods before getting NL.

Backups of Uni data will likely only work with Uni. So, if you uninstall NL, then you can restore this backup. It won't work with NL though, because NL has to update everything in its own special way.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 25, 22:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made backups of my two favorite neighborhoods before getting NL.

Backups of Uni data will likely only work with Uni. So, if you uninstall NL, then you can restore this backup. It won't work with NL though, because NL has to update everything in its own special way.

Shocked  You mean all my storylines, families, etc are lost?  Is there no way to put them back in somehow?  This is my sim family!  I'm so upset.  Is there something different I should have done? 

Chris

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 25, 22:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you should uninstall NL, then restore your backup, then reinstall NL. That should work.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 26, 01:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I will try that.  I did get them to be recognized and to have NL interations, but they are VERY jumpy.  jumping out of many activities.  I'll start over and see if that helps.  Thanks!

C

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 26, 03:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it still happens, trying taking all your hacks out, heck, you could even temporarily move your downloads folder to your desktop and run the game (just don't save anything) and see if they still jump or are missing socials. If not, it's something in your downloads folder.

Fishing out hacks can be a pain sometimes. Some of them can sneak in with other files like houses, and not all of them show up highlighted in red in clean installer either.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 26, 12:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it still happens, trying taking all your hacks out, heck, you could even temporarily move your downloads folder to your desktop and run the game (just don't save anything) and see if they still jump or are missing socials. If not, it's something in your downloads folder.

Fishing out hacks can be a pain sometimes. Some of them can sneak in with other files like houses, and not all of them show up highlighted in red in clean installer either.

Yeah, that's actually what I did.  I just moved my entire hacks folder to my backup directory and the socials came back.  They're still jumpy though, so I need to go fishing again.  To my knowledge, all I put back in were appliances, kitchen cabinets and some jewelry and plants.  :-P  What a pain!  I was trying to put back in small chunks of stuff.

C

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 28, 09:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so my idea of backing up everything, installing fresh and only adding neighbourhoods once I'm sure all is good would not be the smartest way to do it then.
Guess I will just back them up in case of big fiery ball, and know that they are no good to me unless I uninstall expansions Sad

Thanks Smiley

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 28, 10:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Backing it up is just that...so you have it if anything terrible happens to it and you need it again.
Not to put in over the newly installed game.
Nightlife needs to update as it installs, if you take out neigborhoods etc, then they haven't been updated, and this is where people are getting problems.
I took the hacks out, backed up and installed in less than ten minutes.
You click the enable CC box and you're off.
Some are finding that they need to start up again in order to see the downloads, I didn't everything was fine.
Then hacks go in if they are safe, or when they are updated.

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: