More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:47:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vampires and Sleep Clock questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampires and Sleep Clock questions  (Read 5341 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Vampires and Sleep Clock questions
« on: 2007 March 18, 03:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run into a weird issue that I don't remember having and the Sleep Clock thread seemed to make no reference to this...
For some reason now, when they are called to bed with the sleep clock, many of my vampires have high energy (I have no idea why sometimes their motives don't seem to go down!...) and won't go to bed.  They start to run for the beds, and then it drops out of the queue and they run for the bathrooms (because of B.U.Y and the Sleep Clock working together).I end up having to manually drain their energy with the slide bars using "testing cheats enabled".
I don't have any other vampire hacks, so I'm not sure if this is an odd issue specific to my game, or if I'm not playing in a logical way that would bring the vampires to the point of being tired before the day time comes. I haven't played vampires very much at all, so please forgive me if there is an obvious reason for this type of thing.
I have the clocks set up from a time when they were all working correctly and haven't changed them, so it isn't a setup issue.
I have no idea why this is suddenly happening and why it didn't used to happen.  The only hack I'm using that affects bed globals is smartbeds by TJ.
Does anyone know what this is? I dunno, for the life of me!

Thanks muchly!

Oh, I should add that I considered posting this into the Sleep Clock thread, but ran away in fear when I saw the Necromancy warning.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Vampires and Sleep Clock questions
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 18, 04:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, make sure the bed class is correct - E8-40, then make sure you have bedtime set to MAX or ON, and wake hour shouold be set to 1900. If their path is blocked, or there is a very complex route to the coffin, it can drop out of queue, and when that happens just click on them and select Macro...go to bed, and they will run to their coffin. They will always go to sleep and stay asleep regardless of their energy level. Also, if there is more than one vampire in the same room who is on the sleepclock, they will both go for the closest coffin, so the bed hack may or may not disrupt this. If they are both going for the same coffin, the last one will drop their sleep queue. All vampire motives are static, meaning that they don't drop unless they are actually doing something like working out (hygene drop) or making craftable items (comfort drop and slight energy drop). When they are in their coffin, their motives can't be adjusted up or down. If you try, they will only go back to where they were. If your vampires have to go to work in the daytime, you just have to cancel out sleep, then if they come home before dark...make sure you cancel out bathroom also. As soon as they get home, Sleepclock will tell them to go to bed.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 18, 04:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this issue in my game before cleaning out my downloads folder. The hack responsible was shaklin_vampkiss_more_interactions (and the vampirhunter one as well). Of course, this doesn't help you, as you have no other vampire related hacks.

Just to check, try clicking on the coffin itself (using a vampire with high energy). If the Sleep options show up, then the Sleep Clock is borked, and if they don't, then either the game is borked or you have a non-awesome vampire hack somewhere in your downloads folder.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 18, 05:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thanks, all of this is very helpful...
Venusy, I tried what you told me and the option is, unfortunately, not there.
I did a thorough search through my downloads folder and did find, as part of Monique's hacked computer, something called "MQ_Computer_Vampire_Potion.package"  Other than that, there is nothing.  At this point in time (and from now on) I use only the FFS hacks.  Once in awhile I use some hacked objects, but none that modify any of the vampire global behaviors that I know of.  Especially since I only just started playing them as a household and would have had no need for them prior.
Another thing I should note is that these vampires are in a dorm...I don't know if that has any relevance, but I know that UNI is pretty much perpetually borked, lol.
One other thing, I do have some Vampire skin defaults (by Enayla), but again, I'm not sure if that is relevant.  I did, after not being able to get the vampires to bed, even manually, reset all of the clocks and then set them up again. One thing I noticed is that, with the vampires, I get only one choice for the bed, and it's actually E7-40...I had read through the rtf and noticed that it was not the exact same number, but I was unsure if this happened to be changed in one of the updates...This is one of the reasons I've never really bothered with vampires....It seemed more trouble than it was worth.
I don't know if removing the vampire potion part of Monique's computer will bork it, but I'm going to read up on her thread to see if that's an optional part of it.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 18, 10:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vampire potion portion of Monique's computer is just to let you buy the potion online rather than calling the gypsy. I'd be very surprised if it caused problems with the sleep clock.

Unsouper
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 18, 13:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this issue as well.
I resolved it by modifying the vampire coffin mod by SS so a Sim can sleep in it any time, regardless of energy levels. This works fine with monique's vampire indoor decay hack, and the FFS clock.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 18, 21:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi,
Was it a bug that made you have to modify the sleep coffin by SS?  I mean, do you have any idea why you may have had the issue in the first place?
If this is the way the game should be working, then I'd pretty much have the let my vampires fry in the sun a little every morning to get their energy levels down. 
By SS do you mean SnowStorm?
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 18, 21:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, SS stands for Syberspunk, check Peasantry (the thread might have been moved to Taster's Choice, so check there as well).

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 19, 08:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what is wrong with the coffin, actually. Even without other vampire mods (except JMP's vampwerefixes) my vampires cannot sleep in unmodified coffins if their energy levels are too high (sleep just isn't available unless energy is below ~40%). This means I have to let my vamps suffer until they're almost burning, and then rush them into the coffin.

Since I didn't play much with vampires until now, I do not know if this ever worked differently. All I know is it just does not work as it should in my current game setup.

What I did to fix the problem is remove (ie bypass) the energy motive check from the sleep interactions for the coffin, so it is always available. This allows the sleep clock (or monique's sleep caller, or autonomy, or my actions) to send the vampire to bed even though his energy is still high or even  100%.
The reason I used SS's vampire coffin mod is that a) I use it, and b) it saved me the trouble of reexporting everything.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 19, 11:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normal game behavior does not check energy levels for vampires when using coffins. If your vampires are not able to use the coffin anytime they want, something non-awesome has happened to your game. Vampires can also use normal beds, which is safe also, but energy will be checked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 19, 11:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the problem that Jordi described, and the culprit turned out to be a 'community lot sleeping' type hack.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 19, 12:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CLEARLY THE WORK OF THE NON-AWESOME!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 19, 12:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was Squinge, I believe. Still, he has some very useful hacks, and I do enjoy using them. So there. Tongue

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 21, 01:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is, indeed, very strange.
I have checked all through my downloads and I don't have the community sleep hack or any vampire type hacks...
Oddly, my vampires' energy motives are remaining static....Is that supposed to be the case?  If I remember correctly, their energy did go down at night...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 21, 01:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vampire motives are normally all static at night. This is why vampires don't check energy in standard code for coffins.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 22, 18:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I just thought I'd let you all know that somehow I fixed it.
I guess there were a few hacks of TJ's that I never updated, so I went through all of them and replaced the older versions and voila!!, everything was working again.
Sadly, I have no idea which hack it was that was conflicting, but if anyone else has this problem, update your hacks! Wink
Thanks for the advice.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: