More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:13:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jump Bugs (since Seasons install)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jump Bugs (since Seasons install)  (Read 3421 times)
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Jump Bugs (since Seasons install)
« on: 2007 March 18, 20:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it coinky-dinky or is it possible that a Maxis EA object is causing a jump bug?  I placed the Hole-y Pots Cascading Waterfall on my lot.  Suddenly, I had jump bugs like crazy, and my Sims would just stand around doing nothing.  Turned on "auto power-idle-whatsis" in Macrotastics and it still didn't help.  Ran in debug and the first item on the log was the hole-y pots thingy.  Removed said thingy and now all is running smoothly.  (On a side-note, is it intentional that when you turn off auto-power-idle-whatsis in Macrotastics that a Sim remains in that mode, even if you remove the icon from his queue?).

Anyway, any awesome folk out there today that can clue me in (or just poke me with a stick and laugh?)?

Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
Re: Jump Bugs (since Seasons install)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 18, 21:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me it was a CAS backdrop made buyable by Targa at MST2 that caused the Holey Pots jump/standstill problem (it also happened when I placed the Seasons pond water spray).  Don't know if other CC would cause it. 

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 19, 13:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(On a side-note, is it intentional that when you turn off auto-power-idle-whatsis in Macrotastics that a Sim remains in that mode, even if you remove the icon from his queue?)

It just takes a while sometimes for the sim to get a notion to do something on its own. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 19, 13:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The low pulse rate of Free Will autonomy, which generally averages around 10-15 minutes before making a decision, becomes readily apparent when you no longer witness Power Idle's snappy, decisive behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 19, 15:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks for the info.  And I reported that crappy fountain at the sheep site, not that they'll give a shit or do anything about it but oh well.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: