More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 07:00:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  le enfant terrible
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: le enfant terrible  (Read 5358 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
le enfant terrible
« on: 2005 September 27, 23:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor baby.  When grandpa answered the phone and accepted an invitation to meet his son-in-law downtown, little did he know his daughter and infant grandchild would show up as well (we thought it was a guy's night out).

Upon arriving at the restaurant and leaving his sports car, "cuddle baby" popped up on the screen and I thought the game had gone bonkers. Nope.  But Maxis has. 

No crib for the babe, so the poor thing was left outside laying on the sidewalk - except when gramps tried to include him in the dinner festivities and the one-day old infant levitated in an attempt to be seated.

Will we need a "leave the baby at home" hack?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: le enfant terrible
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 27, 23:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well...  just like the babies managing to sit at the computer and chat...  but suddenly losing the ability to type as soon as they age to toddler!

Ness
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 27, 23:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO!!!!  I had this happen, too!!!  My baby appeared on the doorway to the Gothic Nightclub.  People kept taking turns picking her up and cuddling her.  Luckilly, when her home-lot opened, she was safe and sound in her crib.  "It was all a dream!"  LOL LOL
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 28, 00:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO!!!!  I had this happen, too!!!  My baby appeared on the doorway to the Gothic Nightclub.  People kept taking turns picking her up and cuddling her.  Luckilly, when her home-lot opened, she was safe and sound in her crib.  "It was all a dream!"  LOL LOL

I don't have the NL EP yet, so I'm wondering, did the baby get memories of meeting all those people who cuddled her? Assuming the baby has transitioned past the baby stage (or if you don't have Merola's Mind Control Mirror) by now, and you have access to her memories panel.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 28, 04:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could be a great addition to the game if there were strollers and prams and that sort of thing, so Baby could have a nice walk through the park on a Sunday afternoon ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 28, 14:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after woo-hooing Waldheim's father and uncle, it seems little Waldheim wanted to get to know Jacinta a little bit better. While toddlers may not be able to chat on the phone, apparently they can ring you up and invite you downtown.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 28, 22:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after woo-hooing Waldheim's father and uncle, it seems little Waldheim wanted to get to know Jacinta a little bit better. While toddlers may not be able to chat on the phone, apparently they can ring you up and invite you downtown.

I remember the first time I got that message thinking it was a little sort of 'not quite right' that a stranger would ring and invite someone downtown as a result of them basically having just woo-hooed a friend of theirs silly.  But a TODDLER doing it?  That just doesn't sound right at all!  Makes teen woo-hoo seem rather tame in comparison.  It seems as if the game isn't differentiating between romantic and platonic outings very well.  I've never had this message after an outing, which is when I would expect to get it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 28, 22:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the NL EP yet, so I'm wondering, did the baby get memories of meeting all those people who cuddled her? Assuming the baby has transitioned past the baby stage (or if you don't have Merola's Mind Control Mirror) by now, and you have access to her memories panel.

My  little guy is now a toddler and when I checked his memories, he remembers meeting his gramps and has a 10 pt. relationship with him, which had to have happened downtown since there was no contact between the two families since he was born.  There are no memories about being left on the sidewalk alone.
Passers-by just walked over him, so he didn't "meet" anyone else and was perfectly fine when I brought that household into play.

Glitch or deliberate?  Don't know yet.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 28, 23:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using Inge's reservable crib, which has the option for the to "get self out". Apparently babies can also do that. It was really cute, but a little strange how the baby could go through the animations of pushing the gate down, looking around to see if anyone's looking, climbing out, and then plopping down on the ground in helpless baby mode again. I have never had one call, though!

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 29, 16:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My  little guy is now a toddler and when I checked his memories, he remembers meeting his gramps and has a 10 pt. relationship with him, which had to have happened downtown since there was no contact between the two families since he was born.  There are no memories about being left on the sidewalk alone.
Passers-by just walked over him, so he didn't "meet" anyone else and was perfectly fine when I brought that household into play.

Glitch or deliberate?  Don't know yet.

I'm interested to know as I've had sim children invite their friends over and they asked if they "could bring a friend", and the "friend" was usually a nanny with whom they've a 0/0 relationship with. This was before the baby-related (nobabyharassment etc) hacks. I checked the kids' memories panel, they don't remember meeting the nanny. Yet when I looked in SimPE, there was a tick in 'Known Sim' in the Relations Editor albeit it's one-sided on the nanny's part (attempts to delete the one-sided relations was denied) and I thought back to how the nanny could have have known the babies she was taking care of, and I remember the nanny picking up the babies to play with/cuddle when they aren't busy swimming in the pool or bogarting the swings or playing SSX 3/pinball or whatever.

I'm particular about who my sims meet. Before I learned how to get rid of townies, it bugged me that my sims remember every tom dick and harry they meet on community lots just because they (townies I'll never play/make playable) sat on the same bench to drink coffee, ate the hotdogs meant for my sims (and I had to make my playable sims grill another plate of hotdogs) at the same table, swung on the swing-set, tried to dance with my sims etc etc, I felt there should be some player control, some say in who my sims remember (there's SimPE for that but it's limited when it comes to deleting relations) , 'cos afterall, who the hell remembers every person they meet under the sun Tongue? I just didn't like seeing the 0/0 relations in my sims' panel. At least now SimPE is NL compatible, I can get rid of sims I'm not interested in playing when I buy the EP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: