More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:18:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 128801 times)
altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #100 on: 2007 March 04, 09:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Dadditude, I noticed that too.  Also, when my Sim came home from work, she didn't twirl into outerwear when she got out of the car...no one does that I can see...and then she decided to have a sit on the outdoor patio chair.  She got stuck there, and everytime I directed her to go indoors to sit, or stand, or pee, or pet her cat, or anything, the direction would drop out of the cue.  I finally had to pause and use moveobjects on to pick her up to move her inside before she froze to death.  She didn't die, but she did sneeze a couple of times, so I expected her to get a cold.  Didn't happen...at least, no sign popped up that said "Oh no! Your sim is sick!  Blah, blah, blah...make them lay down."

Then there's the Greenman's.  Mommy PlantSim bathed ToddlerPlantSim to get their water needs back up, and then I had her make some smart milk for the kid.  I know that the toddler already walks and talks and all that, but I wanted the bonus IQ points to skill build on the little tyke.  Then, it was glitch-o-rama.  First, both of their needs dropped back to pre-bathing levels (toddler's water needs were full, mom's was about 2/3 full).  Then, the animation for the smart milk to turn green got caught in some loop, which caught Mommy and Jr. PlantSims in a loop...the toddler was stuck trying to stand up, the mom was stuck in the same swimming spot in the pool, both looking like they were seizing.  Then, they suddenly warped to their next spot, the toddler to the room I had directed him/her to go to, the mommy on the other end of the pool, and then they got stuck again.  Major oddness, so I exited the lot without saving.  I only have Awesome hacks, and then Quaxi's no censor hack and Merola's Multi-Painting, and that's it, so I really think that one's a Maxis whoops.

Anyone else tried the smart milk in Riverblossom Hills?  I wonder if this is just an odd glitch, a PlantSim glitch, or if it's Sim-wide.
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 March 04, 11:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So when Rose Greenman bathes Daisy, Rose's water motive goes up for you all? It doesn't at all in my game. I have to have Rose shower or swim after bathing Daisy. It does raise both of their love motives though.

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 March 05, 01:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall her water needs going up while bathing Daisy, just the "love" bar.

The weird thing that bugs me at the moment is the fact that I have two winters, one spring, one autumn and no summer. The option just isn't there. I plan to play into the next winter season to see if it's an icon problem or if in fact my game has no summer.

I should trade with Pescado, since he hisses at the sun!  Grin Oh, Pescado, where are you?! Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 March 05, 01:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rivervillageblossom Springsville is set up that way in the upper left in neighborhood view there is a seasons button, there you can change the order and such.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 March 05, 01:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think they intended Riverblossom to be sort of a mild climate where it doesn't get really warm, so no summer season.  You can change it if you want though.  I haven't tried playing any of my old neighborhoods yet, just messing around in Riverblossom.
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007 March 05, 04:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played this game almost non-stop over the weekend (I know, that's really really sad, I have no life - why do you think I have to live through my sims?).

One thing I noticed is that the Prima guide seems to say that you can "serve juice" (it mentions a batch of juice that serves 6 only needs 6 pieces of fruit, where serving one - say orange juice - takes 4 pieces) - but I don't get that option.  The juice maker only makes one glass, and I can't even get the person making it to put it down (even by canceling as soon as they finish making it) so that a child can drink it.  It would be nice to let kids drink the apple juice to do their homework faster, or orange juice if they get sick.

I also noticed that trees go dormant in the winter even if they're in a greenhouse.

Finally, I'm a little bit slow, but I finally figured out that the smartest way to build a greenhouse cheaper (if you don't use money cheats - which I rarely do) is to use regular walls for just under half the wall space of the greenhouse.  They're a LOT cheaper, plus you can put lights on them for gardening in the dark.  For instance, I'll use them on the corners, and a few squares here and there in the middle of the walls.  They don't look too bad. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 March 05, 07:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things I've noticed about Seasons:

1) Each sub-hood has its own season schedule -- it doesn't inherit the seasons from the main hood.  I use Strangetown as my test hood, and I discovered this both when I went to Uni for the first time, and when I went to my custom business hood for the first time.  I set the main hood to be in autumn first, but Uni and the sub-hood both have summer set as their first season, and both had 1 day left in summer when I first entered lots there.

2) The autumn skilling boost is amazing for Uni -- one term paper and one class or 2 assignments fills up the grade bar completely.  I had students ready to take the final with almost 60 hours left in the semester.  With TJ's college clock I was able to get a student through an entire year in less than an hour of playing time.  It may never be summer in my Uni. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 March 05, 07:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's what happened...

I had 2 uni students set to rampage and they completely filled the meter before the day was through and I think before their fun meter bottomed out. It was the first day of a new semester so I didn't even have to worry about them for the rest of the time.

I thought something was going awry, but come to think of it, they did have those leaf things around their skill meters.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 March 05, 08:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I noticed is that the Prima guide seems to say that you can "serve juice" (it mentions a batch of juice that serves 6 only needs 6 pieces of fruit, where serving one - say orange juice - takes 4 pieces) - but I don't get that option.  The juice maker only makes one glass, and I can't even get the person making it to put it down (even by canceling as soon as they finish making it) so that a child can drink it.  It would be nice to let kids drink the apple juice to do their homework faster, or orange juice if they get sick.

I found that if you have poor quality fruit (i.e., a bland apple) that the 'serve' option does not show. If you have good quality produce (i.e., mouthwatering peppers) then the serve option shows up. The juices of the best produce also have special qualities- for example, the pepper juice seems to max out the energy bar, the eggplant juice gives a skill point (randomly selected) and the 'beauty cocktail' gives the drinker hearts and flowers- I presume this is the equivalent of the love potion and/ or perfume.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 March 05, 10:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my testings in game yesterday :

Apple Juice- 3 apples / 18 apples
Beauty Cocktail- 2 oranges, 2 cucumbers / 12 oranges, 12 cucumbers
Eggplant- 2 Eggplant / 12 Eggplant
Lemonade- 6 Lemons / 36 Lemons
Orange Juice- 6 Oranges / 36 oranges
Orangeade- 4 Oranges, 2 Lemons / 24 Oranges, 12 Lemons
Pepper Punch- 2 Peppers, 1 beans, 1 apples / 12 peppers, 6 beans, 6 apples
Strawberry Juice- 3 Strawberries / 18 Strawberries
Strawberry Lemonade- 2 Lemons, 2 strawberries / 12 Lemons, 12 Strawberries
Tomato Juice- 6 tomatoes / 36 tomatoes
Vegatable Cocktail- 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 Pepper, 1 Beans / 6 tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, 6 peppers, 6 beans

Seems like the serving is always 6 times the single juice.
I don't know if the quality of the vegetables and fruits plays a role. The testing was done with the best qualities (mouthwatering ?? I'm playing the game in french)
Pioupiou

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 March 05, 13:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same problem, apparently because I made the silly mistake of thinking Prima was right about only needing 3X the amount. I'd been blaming it on an un-updated hack, and had taken it out last night, but hadn't gotten back in yet to test it. But with enough fruit stocked, I get the serve option now, even with it back in . Am I the only one who thinks needing 36 pieces of fruit for 6 glasses is a bit excessive?  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 March 05, 14:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now my problem, my sims seem to have worse A.D.D then i do, i give them something in que and move onto another sim and give them something and they all just drop it out of que. Now i don't mean the i put it there and they drop it imidiately problem, i mean i put it there and they think of something "better" to do on the way. Nothing is blocked, i'm hack free. They were doing this the first two times i played without custom enabled.

Also, the "whats this?" reutine they go through when you get a new item seems to be worse like its more attractive to them since install. They will drop everything in que to go see this new light and complain about it, it just seems like its much more urget to them now. But they don't do it with the "its snowing" icon that comes up in their que when its snowing that stays as second in que.

they're also Not taking care of their most urgent needs. Their Hunger is barly past 50% but their Bladder is nearly at zero and they go out of their way to make a sandwich. They're going to pee themselves and they go to bed instead, or shower. They're falling asleep at zero but they want a shower with 50% hygine... they have the need in que to take care of it themselves but will drop it to do somthing else. This is all on freewill by the way because thats how i play.

and everytime i turn around they're bathing a damn baby or toddler or taking a bubble bath.

anyone else notice these things or is it just my game?

I've only gotten to play through winter and spring so i don't know wether its a season connection or wether it will keep up through the year ... and its spring and they still change into outerwear. that going to get annoying if they keep it up...

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 March 05, 14:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FREE WILL BAD! POWER IDLE GOOD!

For the What's This? problem, download nowhatsthis. Every other problem you're having would appear to be caused by free will, which should be disabled and replaced by Power Idle and the Baby Controller.

EDIT: Wait a minute. I recognize your username. Weren't you that person who got hacked and started spamming Retardo Land a couple of weeks ago?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 March 05, 14:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, the "whats this?" reutine they go through when you get a new item seems to be worse like its more attractive to them since install. They will drop everything in que to go see this new light and complain about it, it just seems like its much more urget to them now. But they don't do it with the "its snowing" icon that comes up in their que when its snowing that stays as second in que.

Use JMP's nowhatsthis. I haven't seen the "what's this?" routine since before installing Uni because, no, I don't care what my sims think about the new ceiling light.  Roll Eyes

they're also Not taking care of their most urgent needs. Their Hunger is barly past 50% but their Bladder is nearly at zero and they go out of their way to make a sandwich. They're going to pee themselves and they go to bed instead, or shower. They're falling asleep at zero but they want a shower with 50% hygine... they have the need in que to take care of it themselves but will drop it to do somthing else. This is all on freewill by the way because thats how i play.

Sims have no survival instinct, much less peeing instinct. I've had exactly two sims in a neighborhood of five generations who had the sense to take themselves to the bathroom when they needed to.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 March 05, 14:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does seem like sims are so much stupider now. I used to be able to leave the game running while I cooked dinner and they'd still be alive. Now, I can't even run to the loo or they'll be dead when I get back. Unfortunately, I like free-will and hate micromanagement...it feels like I'm at work.

The other thing that is pissing me off is their wants. If there is not a skating rink on the lot, don't spin the want! If it's summer, don't want to make a snow angel! I have sims that don't have any aspirational wants whatsoever. I have a family sim that never rolled the want to get married or have kids, a romance sim that never wanted to woohoo, but did want to get married for some reason. Their wants panel is plagued by "go skating", "go fishing", and influence related wants.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 March 05, 14:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other thing that is pissing me off is their wants. If there is not a skating rink on the lot, don't spin the want! If it's summer, don't want to make a snow angel! I have sims that don't have any aspirational wants whatsoever. I have a family sim that never rolled the want to get married or have kids, a romance sim that never wanted to woohoo, but did want to get married for some reason. Their wants panel is plagued by "go skating", "go fishing", and influence related wants.

My thoughts exactly - the want panels are now clogged with outdoor activities and season related wants (flirting/dating/kissing in spring, fishing/whatsoever in summer etc.), so what's the point of aspirations? I don't play knowledge sims to do all that romance and fun stuff, nor do I have romance sims to let them skill during the whole fall. Seasons the Equaliser Pack. Man, this is even worse than Petz Angry. *rant*

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 March 05, 14:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does seem like sims are so much stupider now. I used to be able to leave the game running while I cooked dinner and they'd still be alive. Now, I can't even run to the loo or they'll be dead when I get back. Unfortunately, I like free-will and hate micromanagement...it feels like I'm at work.
Exactly! I know my sims weren't that stupid before, i could leave them alone and go take a shower and come back and he's taken care of himself. ..now ...oh god now i'm afraid to take my eyes away. the grandmother went to the greenhouse in her pjs in winter, a mom and her son go out in the snow to play catch ..in his pjs, ..they pee on themselves even when a bathroom is free because thy perfer to eat a sandwich in a puddle.

FREE WILL BAD! POWER IDLE GOOD!
EDIT: Wait a minute. I recognize your username. Weren't you that person who got hacked and started spamming Retardo Land a couple of weeks ago?
thank you very much for pointing me to those, ...i'm having to watch the little bastards like a hawk.

and yes that was me ... thats the area that was being spamed? wow...how fitting ...spammer ..retardo... i had no idea it was happening except for a few emails when i came back from no internet for 5 days..
« Last Edit: 2007 March 05, 15:04:44 by morriganrane » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 March 05, 16:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is very definitely a Memoryleak also with seasons, much like there was with Sims 1 Undecided

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2007 March 05, 16:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Seasons yet, but my sims do stupid things like wanting to take a bath when their hygiene is almost full or waiting to pee until after they've taken a shower, even when their bladder bar was much lower than their hygiene bar. If the sims have actually gotten stupider than they were before, I may never buy Seasons.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 March 05, 16:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they've gotten stupider too. It used to happen only occasionally, but now it seems to be pretty much non-stop.
 I had my first visit from the social worker EVER because some idiot child went out to play in the snow in their pajamas and I didn't notice, and apparently they reached the critical temp too quickly after the warning and I couldn't get them inside to warm up.

And then last night, I almost had it happen again because an idiot child that I'd sent to bed dropped the action for some reason and decided to JUMP on the bed instead, and overheated. Luckily I got him cooled down before the social worker came. Stupid Sims!
« Last Edit: 2007 March 05, 17:03:33 by katenigma » Logged

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 March 05, 19:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what's the story on Patricia Wan and Samantha?  Did Pat have a sex change? This disturbs me.  I was totally shocked to find Pat's memories of having had those twins of Samantha's! What was EA thinking?  Is that why the Ottomas family was sneakily residing in the bin?  Huh

While amusing, it seems to be a serious glitch, possibly a VBT.
  What's a VBT?

I'm glad I read through this thread after actually surviving a whole week of playing Seasons without any hacks or CC. The thing that has most annoyed me is the 'falling-out-of-queue' thing.  It happens all the time, making it very difficult to play a large family. Then the obsession with bathing of clean toddlers, the constant looking out the window, jumping Sims (a minor annoyance), Family Sims not wanting marriage or kids -- I've noticed all that, too. My babies seem okay, though. 

Nannies are starting to show up in pairs again, like they did back in the old, old pre-patch days. Arghghgghhh!  As if one isn't bad enough without having two dumb arses tripping all over each other!  Roll Eyes

And have you noticed the Energizer machine (that clunkily attractive Reward Object) is messed up now?  Sims still get recharged by it, but they won't get off the damn thing anymore!   Thanks to that, I had a Sim die of heat exhaustion.  Angry

So now I'm here desperately scooping up all the hacks I can find.  Wink 

Max

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 March 05, 19:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my testings in game yesterday :

Apple Juice- 3 apples / 18 apples
Beauty Cocktail- 2 oranges, 2 cucumbers / 12 oranges, 12 cucumbers
Eggplant- 2 Eggplant / 12 Eggplant
Lemonade- 6 Lemons / 36 Lemons
Orange Juice- 6 Oranges / 36 oranges
Orangeade- 4 Oranges, 2 Lemons / 24 Oranges, 12 Lemons
Pepper Punch- 2 Peppers, 1 beans, 1 apples / 12 peppers, 6 beans, 6 apples
Strawberry Juice- 3 Strawberries / 18 Strawberries
Strawberry Lemonade- 2 Lemons, 2 strawberries / 12 Lemons, 12 Strawberries
Tomato Juice- 6 tomatoes / 36 tomatoes
Vegatable Cocktail- 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 Pepper, 1 Beans / 6 tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, 6 peppers, 6 beans

Thanks for this.  What do the various juices do?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 March 05, 19:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some recipes I got from other sites: (Not from the guide, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Eggplant juice: 1 eggplant =randon skill pt.
Lemonade: 4 lemons = Cools sims down
Tomato juice: 3 tomatoes= warms sims up
Orange juice: 4 oranges = Cures colds
OrangeAde: 3 oranges + 1 lemon = random Badge points
Pepper Punch: 1 pepper+ 4 pole beans+ 2 apples= energy boost
Strawberry juice: 6 strawberries = clears furious bits
Strawberry lemonade: 3 lemons+ 2 strawberries = Platinum mood
Veggie Cocktail: 2 tomatoes+ 1 cucumber+ 1 pepper+ 3 polebeans = faster skill-building
Pureed boot = sims freak out

Max
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 March 05, 19:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOOPS! I forgot this one:

Beauty Cocktail: 2 oranges+ 1cucumber (Love potion)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 March 05, 19:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pureed boot = sims freak out

Max

Bwa ha ha!!! It might be worth trying just to see what, exactly, "freak out" means.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: