More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:03:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting custom careers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting custom careers  (Read 2715 times)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Deleting custom careers
« on: 2007 February 20, 19:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so I'm trying to purge my downloads folders in preperation for the new EP (and crossing my fingers that Seasons will work with my less then fast CPU). I have gone through hair, clothes, skins, etc., etc.

I have downloaded some careers and while some of them are okay, others are just *blah* but I kept them because of the limited amount of careers within the game. Now that we will finally be getting some new career choices for our sims I'm thinking of getting rid of some the less then interesting ones that I have.

So, my question is, how horrible would it be if I just deleted the careers although some of my sims are employed using those careers? Is this a VBT causing a BFBVFS?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Deleting custom careers
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 20, 19:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not completely sure, but I think it might mess up lot loading or if they are at work they get stuck there.  Sad It would be best to just go in and remove them from their jobs and then delete the files.

Is there something that has to be done with memories too?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 21, 04:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it does cause problems - but it strikes me you could probably alter their employment with SimPE rather than have to go into the game and change jobs.  Though also as SimsBaby says, if they are at work that might cause more problems.  I ALWAYS save lots at 6am in the morning for reasons like this.

Inteen for AL, yay!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 21, 06:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ALWAYS save lots at 6am in the morning for reasons like this.

I have only recently started doing this. Before I just saved when I was tired of playing or after a major event (age transition ususally). I was thinking the Simpe idea would probably be the easiest way of doing this (rather then having to go into each household and have sims with a custom career find a new job) until you mentioned that some sims might still be at work...and you know, you're right. I have no idea which households my sims might be at work instead of at home.
I suppose I could use Simpe to track down which sims have custom careers and then enter those households, make sure they are home and either have them change careers in game or go back into Simpe after verifying their work situation.
It sure does seem like this "game" is a lot of work sometimes. Damn it all!  Undecided

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: