More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:45:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1113027 times)
Honeywell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #1050 on: 2008 October 05, 16:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in the process of building an apartment lot and somehow I have invisible cabinets, appliances and closets.  Re-zoning the lot from apartment to residential and back hasn't made the objects reappear in build mode or when renting.  Can I use the Stuck Object Remover to delete the invisible objects? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 2008 October 05, 16:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to be in live mode to use the stuck object remover, so no.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 2008 October 06, 14:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can i made a mass-portrait-regeneration ? Grin
i've many sims on ts2enh. without tumbnail, but refreshing one by one is a bloooodymess ..
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2008 October 10, 17:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone explain what a "Buggy Painting" is and why I should care?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 2008 October 10, 17:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall seeing that lately, so if it's a Debugger option, it's not something that is normally-appearing and therefore you should push the button.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 2008 October 10, 18:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several times I have seen something like "nuke stuck diners".  Of course I always click it when I see it since no one is ever eating. What is this and why is it showing up? So far I have always seen it on a residential lot, but I don't often click the batbox when I'm on a comm lot unless I am experiencing problems.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 2008 October 10, 18:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen plates get stuck where the sims can't clean them up, and you can't delete them even with moveobjects on.  Maybe the 'nuke stuck dinners' is for that?  I usually end up putting the plate on the floor and burniating it; never thought to check the batbox.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2008 October 10, 20:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure it was diner, not dinner. And every time I have used it, it has deleted 4.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 2008 October 17, 13:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's this new 'fixing borked apartments' option (don't remember the exact phrase) and what does it do? When it suddenly appeared on the batbox menu, I accidentally clicked on it, so I'd like to know if that was a VBT or a good thing?  Embarrassed

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 2008 October 17, 13:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It will fix all the cases of "Bad Residency", such as townies living in apartments which have been deleted, etc., which would prevent them from occupying a new apartment, causing MOAR of them to spawn to populate apartments. As it is a highly computationally-intensive procedure to even detect the condition, the option is thus always present and cannot run as an "instant, although usually, nothing is found and you get "0 items fixed".

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 2008 October 17, 13:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the really weird thing is, I did get alot of 'items fixed' messages. And it's a completely new hood, where I haven't had anyone rent an apartment in yet. It just seemed like a VBT.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2008 October 17, 13:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it an EAxis premade? If so, that would be why there is so much crud.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2008 October 17, 13:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, I had a blonde moment there - I was just about to edit my post. It's HP's Mega hood, so yes, you are correct.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 2008 October 20, 17:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about the whole upgrading pre-uni sims.  Is it normal that they get a bunch of stupid uni-related memories dumped into thier memories at random?

It makes the memories look really crappy with all these fake "made dean's list" and "graduated Suma Cum Laude" memories shoehored in between things like "got married," "got a promotion," and "had a baby".  Apparently these memories are not considered "corrupt" since I have no option to delete them, but they are clearly out of order with the rest of the sim's memories.

Also, they don't appear immdiately after upgrading the sim, but instead spring up at some later point seemingly at random?

It is annoying enough that I will not be using this upgrade pre-uni feature.  Instead, I'll either use the sim modder or the "Mirror of Locks and Wanting" (wich is the least cheaty option since it is earned) to add slots and locks to my sims.  These methods don't come with all the perks of being a graduate, but they also don't come with annoyingly missplaced fake memories.  And really, it seems pretty cheaty to me to get an instant Suma Cum Laude grad without having to play the sim through uni; I think it would be a nicer feature if the upgraded sim became a graduate, but with no honours.

Oh, other than that I love the Lot Debugger and use it for every single sim.  My favorite feature is being able to wipe the stupid "Mystery Sim" memories from newly created unmarried adults.   Cool

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 2008 October 20, 18:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about the whole upgrading pre-uni sims.  Is it normal that they get a bunch of stupid uni-related memories dumped into thier memories at random?
It makes the memories look really crappy with all these fake "made dean's list" and "graduated Suma Cum Laude" memories shoehored in between things like "got married," "got a promotion," and "had a baby".  Apparently these memories are not considered "corrupt" since I have no option to delete them, but they are clearly out of order with the rest of the sim's memories.
I wasn't aware that it shoehorned them. They are specifically only generated when they would not torch continuity. They will not be generated if your sim has any "Grow Up", "Engagement", "Graduation", or "Had Babby" memories. Therefore, they won't be shoehorned in between things like "got married". If your sim has gotten engaged (not even married yet), no memories will be added. The memories are only generated on a sim where the continuity would fit. If you are getting them erroneously appearing, take a screenshot so I can see what the hell you did.

These methods don't come with all the perks of being a graduate, but they also don't come with annoyingly missplaced fake memories.
Again, if they're being "misplaced", you are doing something VERY WRONG. The only sims that should be eligible for this are pretty much "blank template" sims: Ones that haven't ever grown up, gotten engaged, or otherwise done anything would break sequence.

And really, it seems pretty cheaty to me to get an instant Suma Cum Laude grad without having to play the sim through uni; I think it would be a nicer feature if the upgraded sim became a graduate, but with no honours.
It's that way because if you DID play through Uni, this is pretty much what you get automatically. The entire point is that the Upgrade command is designed to fix pre-Uni sims that never had the chance and never will, thus condemning them to permanent second-class status, making them equivalent to those that did: A subpar upgrade would still relegate them to second-class citizenship. It is not intended to be used as a cheat at all. In fact, I'm not even sure how you managed to break it, so I'm going to attribute it to how much you SUCK.

spinningplates
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 2008 October 20, 19:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I upgraded a fresh-out-of-CAS adult sim to post-uni status, and then tried to get him a job, it told me that he couldn't get a job until his grades improved (teen message).  I found a work-around by reverse-aging him to a teenager, then adjusting his grade to an A, then growing him back up.  But I was wondering if there was something I was doing improperly at the first.

Thanks for your help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2008 October 21, 00:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

spinningplates
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 2008 October 21, 13:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well put.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2008 October 21, 15:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen that image in months and now it's in every thread...making up for lost time, Pes?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2008 October 24, 07:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have one Sim on the lot. This error occurred shortly after move-in. He was just standing there, not doing anything when this error popped up. Even though it says "Hit Break Point Primitive", I did not force an error.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 24, 07:35:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 2008 November 03, 17:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, turns out Pes was right.  (I know, I know; he's terribly surprised.)  The "bug" I was expirencing does not affect married sims (or, I suppose, sims with children), just single sims; specifically that idiot Julien Cooke who I was doing some other testing with.  I took some screenshots of his messed up memories but I havn't bothered to upload them to photobucket yet.   Tongue

The main problem I guess is that I had no idea any memories were going to be added to any sims, so I was quite shocked and confuzzled when they started appearing.  I really don't know why the memories have to be added at all to any sims, since only single childless sims are saddled with them.  But at least now I know that this was an intended feature as well as how it works.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2008 November 26, 03:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have some kind of summary of what all the options do? 44 pages is a lot to hunt through, and I'm curious, but not so curious as to actually try them...
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 2008 November 26, 14:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try the first post?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 2008 November 26, 18:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, not too much help: I never update the manual, heh. Most options do pretty much what they say they do.

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 2008 November 27, 02:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that is not always clear is whether a particular fix is for a serious problem, a minor problem, or is just a useful tool.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: