More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 12:40:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Terrain Paints in Pets- Not showing in neighborhood view
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Terrain Paints in Pets- Not showing in neighborhood view  (Read 4957 times)
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Terrain Paints in Pets- Not showing in neighborhood view
« on: 2007 January 13, 12:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realised a few weeks ago that the terrain paints don't show in the neighborhood view, but they used to show just fine before. I have tried a maxis and a custom created neighborhood template, one lush, one desert.

And no matter how many different terrain paints I use when I'm in build mode, when I save and exit to the neighborhood view, it's like I haven't done anything. So I go back into the lot, and everything seems fine. I tried with both maxis terrain paints and custom ones.

Anybody had this? I work a lot on lot-terrains and I really miss them being visible.
Maybe it's a pets bug, as I didn't have this before.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Terrain Paints in Pets- Not showing in neighborhood view
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 26, 03:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. Its Pets relatet the game no longer draws terrainpainting in the lotlod texture only floortiles are shown.
 It happens to all pre Pets Lots also they lost the terrainpaint in Neighborhoodviev if you change anything on the ground.
 Its a Maxis Bug. Angry
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 26, 05:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another forum they told me it might be graphics-card related. But I have nothing else messed up. I hope it's a bug and will be fixed.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 26, 07:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not have this problem, but I kind of wish I did, since I dislike terrain paints, and tend to remove them immediately upon entering a lot. No offence to those who make and like them, but I prefer my landscapes simple, with the ground showing through. I don't think the terrain-paint not showing is a Maxis bug, and probably is indeed a graphics card issue. I have never had this problem, now or in the past. If it were a Maxis bug, then everyone would have it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 26, 08:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem, too. I like for every house to have the nice green maxis grass and it sucks that it doesn't show in neighborhood view anymore. I'm not sure that it's graphics card related. I know that my graphics cards are supported on both my laptop and media center pc and neither one shows the terrain paint anymore. Dunno, I just figured Maxis borked something in preperation for seasons.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 26, 11:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those terrain paints have been plagued by bugginess from the word go. It used to make a lot unusable if you deleted any terrain paints from downloads, whether or not they were being used in the lot. Supposedly they were fixed but I still haven't started using them, I lost too many lots with all the original mess.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 26, 11:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to go ahead and try saving the lot when I'm in family mode and see what happens. I'm soo glad I'm not the only one, though I didn't know until today. Smiley

So how are we supposed to save community lots? And I have dozens of empty houses just for decoration, and their terrains were also carefully planned. Gotta wait till it gets fixed then. Sad
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 26, 12:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like for every house to have the nice green maxis grass and it sucks that it doesn't show in neighborhood view anymore.

I think you would like this default grass replacement
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=171302

I've been using it for months now and I love it, it makes my whole hood look so much better.

I took it out recently for awhile because I was trying to trim my custom stuff down and figured it wouldn't be needed when Seasons comes out but my hood looks so drab without it that I put it back in this morning *laughs*

I haven't really noticed anything with terrain paints and the neighborhood view. I don't use them all that often but I don't think I have this bug (or graphics issue) ...if I think of it I will double-check when I play again. 
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 26, 14:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Sleepycat. This is perfect. The only terrains I use are maxis green grass and the garden soil ones. I just like the look of taken care of, not half-dead grass so this is all I need.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 26, 14:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Sleepycat. This is perfect. The only terrains I use are maxis green grass and the garden soil ones. I just like the look of taken care of, not half-dead grass so this is all I need.

your welcome  Smiley 

the maxis default grass looks like grass that is growing in very poor soil, more sand or clay then good dirt  Tongue
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 26, 14:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought terrain paints were bad and caused BFBVFS in your game.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: