More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 12:49:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dognappers!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dognappers!  (Read 6564 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Dognappers!
« on: 2007 January 02, 01:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search first, but couldnt find anything on this very annoying problem..
So, my pets procreate. Then the NPCs steal the puppies/kittens, and they dont return until reload the lot. It happens when they pick them up and then the puppy/kitten disappears. I have a theory they smuggle them out in their pockets.
Probably this is a known bug, that I just found out about - I realize that. But is there a fix? A hack? Any hope at all? Do I have to report those NPC:s to the police?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Dognappers!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 02, 08:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't see that happen in my game. Must be some hack or hack conflict.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 02, 08:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the animals just vanish? Is there a "jump bug" when it happens?

Fail.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 02, 14:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No such thing in my game either.  Have you tried playing with your hacks removed?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 02, 16:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

must be some sort of conflict, did you try checking in sim pe for the new residence of the puppy?along time ago I had a sim divorce another sim  over being caught at a wedding in a lesbian affair with the the grooms sister. the divorcee disappeared  I finally found her using Sim Pe. the game had somehow turned her into a townie Huh I was able to retrieve her using Inge's Teleporter plus shrub once I knew where she was. it might be that your puppy was somehow added to the adoption pool if so simply call the pet adoption service and  adopt your puppy.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 02, 16:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've heard of someone else complaining about this.
I once had a NPC pick up a puppy and try to walk off the lot with it, but I spotted it and used moveobjects to take the puppy away from her.  I think it was a nanny, but I don't think she was at work, I think she was a customer at a home business or something.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 02, 17:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a couple move out of the woman parent's lot via Find Own Place, and I intended them to take the parent's dog with them.
When they arrived at their new lot, no dog. 
Checked the parent's lot: no dog. 
No option to report lost dog on either lot although the dog was wearing a collar. 
Dog does not show up in the phone adoption dialog.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 02, 18:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in the base game there was a bug where NPCs/townies/visitors would walk off the lot while still holding an infant or toddler. So, I would not be too surprised if something like that was happening again. That's why I asked for clarification about how the animals "disappear." If they're being deleted by the game, then there would be an error log. If the NPC is walking off with them, that's a whole other type of bug.

Fail.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 02, 21:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had one of the welcome committee walk off with the Kat girl's kitten once.  I figured I'd wait to see what would happen, so I didn't do anything to prevent her.  About one sim hour later, the kitten materialised from one of the edges of the lot, and I found her trying to struggle up the front steps, half-starving.

I think this is what's supposed to happen, at least when the game is working properly.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 02, 22:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=6318.0
Found the other thread.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 03, 00:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thnx for finding that thread for me - at least I am not alone. It is most probably a hack conflict.. I have a few of those Tongue..
The puppies/kittens come back after exiting to nbhd and coming back, and it only happens with the little ones, in my case.
Hana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 03, 04:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of dognapper, mine is babynapper. My nanny suddenly had the baby floating in front of her, the baby got stuck in that position till the nanny left in the van, and the baby went along. After that, the baby's picture on the panel disappeared too. And the stupid sim parent didn't react to the missing baby. They had a child, toddler and a baby taken away by the social worker, and at that time, the parent were sad. But with the case of the nanny babynapping, nothing. I'm going through all my hacks, but I haven't installed anything recently, I have a feeling that a ball of fire is coming. Tongue Anyone had this happened before?

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 03, 05:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of dognapper, mine is babynapper. My nanny suddenly had the baby floating in front of her, the baby got stuck in that position till the nanny left in the van, and the baby went along. After that, the baby's picture on the panel disappeared too. And the stupid sim parent didn't react to the missing baby. They had a child, toddler and a baby taken away by the social worker, and at that time, the parent were sad. But with the case of the nanny babynapping, nothing. I'm going through all my hacks, but I haven't installed anything recently, I have a feeling that a ball of fire is coming. Tongue Anyone had this happened before?

That's a fairly harmless glitch. The baby probably just got stuck to the nanny. Parents sometimes go off to work with infants stuck to them. Use a teleporter/the lot debugger/InSIM to get the baby back if reloading the lot does not help. It isn't a sign of impending doom, although it may be a sign of a not-so-good hack since I seem to recall a thread about the breastfeeding hack that talked about infants getting stuck to the parent more often.

Fail.
Hana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 03, 15:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what happens when I play tonight. Smiley
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 03, 18:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had parents go to work with babies, and once with a toddler. The toddler incident really freaked me out, because I didn't notice it at the time (I thought he was skilling) and then the nanny left, and I couldn't find him anywhere.  Cheesy

Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 03, 18:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's too bad that the little "At Work" icon doesn't show on little ones who go to work with Mama or Daddy.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 04, 00:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a nanny walk off with Brandi Broke's baby once -- got into the van and everything.  The baby re-appeared by the mailbox about a sim-hour or so later.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: