More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 05:16:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rug divider madness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rug divider madness  (Read 6314 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Rug divider madness
« on: 2006 December 13, 03:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there appears to be some quirks in the rug divider. If you use it to divide a room, it seems you need to use the wall tool to delete it. To be sure in my case, I put up a temporary wall in its place, then deleted that. Otherwise you can get check tree routing failures (a bit like what happens sometimes with diagonal doors). In any case, removing a room divider can have other screwy internal effects that I have yet to figure out.  Huh

wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
Re: Rug divider madness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 13, 04:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is that hosted at?
You've made me curious about something, and I'd like to look at the package.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 13, 08:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rug dividers are one of the new "fence" types in Pets. It's in the EP.

wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 13, 19:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, dizzy.
I hadn't seen that yet... been spending too much time on Pet Accessories and mesh mysteries.
And that was what I was curious to see; if it was a specialized fence item.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 13, 22:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I didn't know either. This is reminding me of the Sims 1, by the time Superstar came out. I didn't even know what I had, or when I had gotten it. I bought and installed two SPs and Petz in one fell swoop a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't had time to check every section.

It's a great idea, IF it's working right.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 13, 23:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does work as it's intended to -- it lets you divide a large room into smaller ones without having to put up walls. You could even use it to surround a crib in the corner of the living room, and the blaring TV won't wake up the baby/toddler, since the game treats them like they're in a different room.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 13, 23:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By 'room divider' do you mean the nearly flat, narrow edging that, in real life, is used to hold down the edges of wall-to-wall carpeting or create transitions between rooms or different types of flooring? I thought it was genious to include it in the new EP, as real houses often have such things. Thanks, Joe, for the tip about placing it around cribs.

Edited for better phrasing

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 13, 23:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always used the wall tool to remove fences...it's faster then going to the fence section *laughs*
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 14, 00:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could even use it to surround a crib in the corner of the living room, and the blaring TV won't wake up the baby/toddler, since the game treats them like they're in a different room.

I've tried this in various configurations, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

In one master bedroom, I had a half-wall separate a sitting area with a TV, and my sims were able to watch TV from their bed (also waking up their sleeping spouse!)

In another house, I had an open-plan kitchen, dining room, great room and the headmaster treated it as a single room.  If I put in walls and archways, they were considered separate rooms.

In the nursery, I had tall half-walls separating two cribs, but if the baby cried, it would wake up the toddler.

Is it dependent on the type of fence that's used?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 14, 03:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, you need to use the rug dividers  - Pets EP required since they came with Pets
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 14, 11:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried this in various configurations, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

In one master bedroom, I had a half-wall separate a sitting area with a TV, and my sims were able to watch TV from their bed (also waking up their sleeping spouse!)

In another house, I had an open-plan kitchen, dining room, great room and the headmaster treated it as a single room.  If I put in walls and archways, they were considered separate rooms.

In the nursery, I had tall half-walls separating two cribs, but if the baby cried, it would wake up the toddler.

Is it dependent on the type of fence that's used?

Half-walls won't do this. You need to completely divide a room using some type of fence or wall to create a separate room. Conveniently, Pets has an extra short variation that sims don't need to step over.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 16, 23:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying it as edging, to see if it will keep the damn dogs out of the flower beds.  Probably not, but it looks nice.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 17, 01:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything that keeps the dog out of the flowerbed will also keep the gardener out.  Of course, if you use a certain mod that's not a problem...

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 17, 15:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything that keeps the dog out of the flowerbed will also keep the gardener out. 

Well, you could surround the flowers with a regular fence, and just lock the gate to pets...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
izus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 17, 19:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rug divider confuses my Sims. I used it to seperate a tile/rug section near a cash register and the Sims could not conduct business over it. The divider went in front of the counter and they could not check out. Once I deleted the section in front of the register they could continue with their purchase.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 17, 22:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assmitten, has that unicorn got very colourful diarrhoea?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 18, 03:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am rather irritated with the whole divider thing. I put them in a house to divide the kitchen and dining area, and my sims were eating while standing in the kitchen and drinking espresso standing until I remove one tile's worth of the divider. While the whole different room thing is great for cribs, it sucks for evertyhing else.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: