More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 14:02:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More remote control car issues, this time the sound
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More remote control car issues, this time the sound  (Read 5668 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
More remote control car issues, this time the sound
« on: 2005 September 22, 03:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I figured I'd give the darned thing a try again since the icon bug it caused in university's been fixed and my Pleasure Aspiration sim wanted electronic entertainment. Well no missing icons this time but now I have a new issue, the damned car sound won't stop! The sim stopped playing with it, sound kept going. I waited and waited, it kept going. I put in a sim's inventory, still made the damned sound. I sold the darned thing and yep, you guessed it, still made the sound. Buying another one didn't help either.

Going out into neighborhood mode and reloading the lot did finally stop it, but that's annoying. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: More remote control car issues, this time the sound
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 22, 04:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, mine did that in Uni.   It's not new for Nightlife.    Anytime I had anyone use it, when they quit you could still heard the noise it makes.  Even saving by going out to the neighbourhood and then going back to the lot didn't stop it.   I stopped using them for that reason and then I forgot about it.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 22, 05:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that periodically since I first got the game.  The remote control is totally buggy, always has been.  Then again, what else could it be when it catches the 'flu and can make Sims pregnant? 

I am waiting for one of my remote control cars to die of the 'flu, but so far they've always recovered.  Maybe I should take control of one and get it to commit remote control suicide.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 22, 06:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL it can get a sim pregnant? Shocked I wonder what the kid looks like, a Matchbox car?

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 22, 06:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know actually.  I was always afraid to try.    The grim reaper has nice looking kids.   But then I never had any glitches with the GR.    The RC was always glitchy, so I was afraid to let it multiply.    LOL
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 22, 08:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that periodically since I first got the game.  The remote control is totally buggy, always has been.  Then again, what else could it be when it catches the 'flu and can make Sims pregnant?

Hmmm....now that you mention it, isn't it, in fact, a buggy?! Heh, I've never used it, thank the gods, so I've been spared a few more annoying bugs! If they want games, there's always the good ol' Playstation2 or the pinball machines. Or the pool table. Or the computer. Or the flamingos. Or...well, you do get my point, don't you?

Let the Beast inside you free!
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 22, 09:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The car is actually an NPC. You can select it with the MC mirror while a sim is playing with it. You can't do anything with it though, because the sim has control of it.  I think you can even move it into the family using the insimenator or simlogical transporter shrub but I'm not sure because I'm afraid to try. I have heard of people having babies with it but they always turned out normal.

Edit: I'm having the same kind of problem, except with speakers. In University I didn't have any sound at all coming from the external speakers but in Nightlife I do. Trouble is, the music keeps coming out of the speakers even after the stereo or jukebox is turned off.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 22, 10:32:28 by U_Dog_U » Logged

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 22, 14:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never move it in!  Those who have done have had terrific problems with their games and also, you can't move it out again.  You probably couldn't even in SimPE, because it's an object not a person so wouldn't show in the family list.

As for the kids, as I recall they turn out exactly like the Reaper kids insofar as the character data used is the same.  And the Reaper kids will look like the Hula girls because that's the data used for him (her/it).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 22, 17:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I'm having the same kind of problem, except with speakers. In University I didn't have any sound at all coming from the external speakers but in Nightlife I do. Trouble is, the music keeps coming out of the speakers even after the stereo or jukebox is turned off.

I had that same problem with the speakers before I installed Nightlife. 
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 22, 19:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem with the helicopter, before NL. Sort of. My sims would cover their ears and complain about helicopter noise long after the helicopter had left. I didn't hear anything. I finally moved the family out of the house, as it seemed it would not go away after several days of this. Never went back into the lot to see if it would correct itself. IMO, the helicopter is as buggy as the remote controlled car!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 22, 19:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate those friggin' helicopters. I'm so glad they can drive their cars to work now and avoid them.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 22, 20:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This should be fixed in both University and Nightlife patch according to MaxoidTom.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: